Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Ingrid Alexandra resumed school ?
This fashion show was it an official or private visit ?
I am so happy to see her again

Has Ingrid Alexandra resumed school ?
This fashion show was it an official or private visit ?
As LaMinka says Ingrd has not started school yet, norwegian chldren start school the year they turn 6. Ingrid is in Kindergarden, where she started when she was 2. Probably she will go back to kindergarden on monday.

the fashonshow was not an official engagement, she just showed up
more pictures in the picture-special at the bottom on this page
Side2

She should know better shouldn't she. Not leading by example, I'd say, especially when daddy and daddy in law died / got cancer and both were chain smokers.

I had hoped that the younger generation will understand better and not follow into the footsteps of QM of Denmark etc :eek: And for a woman it means not only to pay with her health, eventually, but also with her looks :eek: So plastic surgery might be around the corner a lot sooner than usual.

She should know better shouldn't she. Not leading by example, I'd say, especially when daddy and daddy in law died / got cancer and both were chain smokers.

I had hoped that the younger generation will understand better and not follow into the footsteps of QM of Denmark etc :eek: And for a woman it means not only to pay with her health, eventually, but also with her looks :eek: So plastic surgery might be around the corner a lot sooner than usual.
Well, maybe she's under stress and that's how she deals with it..She was at a private party and it wasn't as if she was smoking at a public function. I understand she might be looked on as a role model, but still, she was at a private function.

In this article from Hola magazine, the picture shows MM at the fashion show, but wearing no make up and with her hair not styled at all. I think she should have taken a little bit more of time to work on her appearance for this event, don't you think?

Noticias breves de actualidad

thanks for the pictures. Its good to see her during summer, especially back from the holiday, all relaxed & tanned. I like the outfit, plain but nice

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but if it has; just delete :)

Interviewed by Tyler Brule for Monocle, his new magazine.
Great quality video, in english -taped at the castle in Oslo i believe.

Interview CP Haakon

thanks for the link spitzy! haakon speaks quite good english, doesn't he? he also seems quite comfortable giving interviews... i wish we could have seen mette-marit with him as well...

is any information known on how the princes will spend their 5th year anniversary?

thanks for the link spitzy! haakon speaks quite good english, doesn't he? he also seems quite comfortable giving interviews... i wish we could have seen mette-marit with him as well...

is any information known on how the princes will spend their 5th year anniversary?
Actually it's their 6th anniversary. They were married in 2001. And according to the Norwegian Royal House's calendar kongehuset.no - Official engagements, they'll be holding an event in connection with their Humanitarian Fund.

Haakon speaks great English! He and Mette-Marit both speak excellent English, IMO.

Mette-Marit will visit The Archpilago of Svalbard for the first time since she became Crown Princess, on september the 20th she will hand out the International local community Prize supported by FK Norway (read about it in english here). Longyearbyen gets the prize based on meassures to include people from different countries in to the community, an international university exchange program and special education in Norwegian language for people who does not speak the language. Mette-Marit will hand out the award during a special evening event.
Svalbardposten
From wikipedia about Svalbard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard

Just wondering, where do they stay when they are up north? Do they have a palace/house there that belongs to the RF or do they stay in hotels? I assume the distance is to big to go back to Oslo.

Just wondering, where do they stay when they are up north? Do they have a palace/house there that belongs to the RF or do they stay in hotels? I assume the distance is to big to go back to Oslo.

When they can bring Norge (the royal yacht) they stay in that. But they also use hotels whenever there isn't a royal residence to be used.

Today Mette-Marit was in Bergen, or in Grieg-hallen. I was around there with two friends and then she came with the major of Bergen, Herman Friele, and several people from the police. She had curls and was wearing pink. I have some pictures, but my camera was a little .... but she looked radiant and was very smily. She talked with the flower boy for some time before she walked in.

Last edited:
Lucky you, you saw her! Thanks for the pictures!

Thank you, La Minka! Ienvy you.. would love to see her as well :) ! Lucky you!

And by the way: your camera works very well!

lucky you, laminka! you were in the right place at the right time, what a great surprise!

very nice pictures indeed. thanks for posting them. mette marit looks lovely with curls. was it an official (semi-official) event? perhaps they do secret activities or private visits to organizations that we don't know about and this one was one of them...

She was very beautiful, much more beautiful than on pictures.
It was in her official program posted by Larzen and on Kongehuset.No .

thanks for sharing, she looks beautiful- i'm so excited you got to see her. i LOVE the curls- very cool

I envy you LaMinka ! Thank you for sharing with us

great pics:flowers:
that little girl is a great match for Marius, their hair colour is so similar, blond and soft;)

great pics:flowers:
that little girl is a great match for Marius, their hair colour is so similar, blond and soft;)
Its a boy;)Called Edward like the composer Edward Grieg who was celbrated yesterday

Larzen said:
The Crown Princess attends centennial seminar of the Norwegian Psychiatric Association, Gamle Logen in Oslo (17:00)
Haakon had to step in for Mette-Marit at the seminar today, because Mette-Marit was ill. The Crown Prince helt the opening speech, where he talked about the importance of looking at the psychriatic treatment picture as a whole. Kronprinsen overtok for syk kronprinsesse

hope she wont be ill on saturday !! did they say what was wrong with her ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom