The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I hope she didn't really say that.
Because 1. travelling is part of her job
and 2. it makes her look a little bit hypocritical.
Why did she holiday in Greece and Mallorca then?
She did not, this is what she said, my translation

(about Ny Hellesund)
Quote:
Is it not incredible beautiful enthuses the Crown Princess
-This is where I grew up, I know every rock, stone and small Island here. No place is more beautiful than the south in the summer

Agenda for the annual County visit, Nothern-Troms
Sunday 26.8
Service in Skorpa Church - Kvænangen
The royal Yacht sails to Skjervøy where the couple will preside the opening of the Environmental Street followed by a visit to the Community Health Center.
There will be an evening arrangement in Torsvåg in Karlsøy and the couple will visit the local fishery-industry. The day will conclude with a cultural event at the harbour.

Monday 27.8
Visit to the local kindergarden in Olderdalen in Kåfjord
they will have lunch at the Riddu-sletta in Mandalen
The Royal Yacht sails to Lyngseid where there will be a cultural arrangement and a visit to local farmers and be information on the possibilities for sustainable farming in the municipality
The visit in Lyngen ends with a visit to Haplast Technology AS
(Picture of CP Harald visiting Haplast Haplast Technology AS

Tuesday 28.8
When the Royal Yacht arrives in Skibotn in Storfjord the couple will be transported with horse and carriage to Nils-Aslak Valkeapääs house Lásságámmi where the couple will preside the opening ceremony to mark that the house has been chosen as a home for sami artists, by the state (kunstnerbolig).
the couple will then visit the Laestadian chappel before they attend /yet another) cultural arrnagement at the twon square
the visit ends with a lunch at the The Norwegian Heart and Lung Patient Organisations office in Skibotn.
kongehuset.no - Fylkestur til Nord-Troms

Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

I think it is very sweet that she thinks so highly of her home country. I don't believe it has anything to do with not liking to travel or understanding that she has to travel because she's a princess. And I don't think it has anything to do with where they choose to vacation. It just simply means she loves NORWAY, as she should, it's the country she represents. But loving Norway doesn't mean they can't go for a few days to Mallorca or Greece. It just means her overall preference is always Norway. That is what all should expect!

Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Mette-Marit smoking again

Crown Princess Mette-Marit chided for smoking - Aftenposten.no
Old 08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I smoke too...I know it is difficult to stop and not start again...
Does anyone know when the children start school again ? I really hope for pix of Ingrid Alexandra
Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Does anyone know when the children start school again ? I really hope for pix of Ingrid Alexandra
Marius start to go back at school on monday, as it is then norwegian schools starts. Ingrid begins in 2010, I belive, when she is 6 years old:)
____

Last saturday Mette-Marit and Haakon where guest in the wedding of one of Mette-Marit's bestfriends from her school days Espen Walle. He got married to Tine Nyberg in Kristiansand. It was in this wedding Mette-Marit was pictured smoking. Ingrid, Marius and Magnus was home with their grandmother Marit Tjessem. Espen was a guest in the crown prince wedding in 2001. Info from Se og Hør, so it might be wrong

But otherwise the dress look to me like the dress she was wearing in her brothers wedding last summer.

The bride and groom -
The wedding party -
Mette-Marit and Haakon -
Mette-Marit - 1
Mette-Marit - 2
Mette-Marit - 3
Mette-Marit - 4
Mette-Marit's Shoes -

pictures scanned from Se og Hør, nr 64
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Glad to see her again !
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Mette-Marit pictured to day at the fashion show to the TV program called "Designerspirene", or something like that.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1187281829.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...2254_11872.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1187281109.jpg

from dagbladet
Old 08-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka View Post
Oh, that picture is TOO hilarious! It looks like Mette-Marit agrees with me!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has Ingrid Alexandra resumed school ?
This fashion show was it an official or private visit ?
I am so happy to see her again
Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Nobility

Talking

There are several shows about European heirs on ZDF.de
Haakon and Mette-Marit were featured there.

Here's the link to the video:

ZDFmediathek - Mette-Marit und Haakon von Norwegen
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Has Ingrid Alexandra resumed school ?
This fashion show was it an official or private visit ?
As LaMinka says Ingrd has not started school yet, norwegian chldren start school the year they turn 6. Ingrid is in Kindergarden, where she started when she was 2. Probably she will go back to kindergarden on monday.

the fashonshow was not an official engagement, she just showed up
more pictures in the picture-special at the bottom on this page
Side2
Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

She should know better shouldn't she. Not leading by example, I'd say, especially when daddy and daddy in law died / got cancer and both were chain smokers.

I had hoped that the younger generation will understand better and not follow into the footsteps of QM of Denmark etc And for a woman it means not only to pay with her health, eventually, but also with her looks So plastic surgery might be around the corner a lot sooner than usual.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She should know better shouldn't she. Not leading by example, I'd say, especially when daddy and daddy in law died / got cancer and both were chain smokers.

I had hoped that the younger generation will understand better and not follow into the footsteps of QM of Denmark etc And for a woman it means not only to pay with her health, eventually, but also with her looks So plastic surgery might be around the corner a lot sooner than usual.
Well, maybe she's under stress and that's how she deals with it..She was at a private party and it wasn't as if she was smoking at a public function. I understand she might be looked on as a role model, but still, she was at a private function.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Courtier

In this article from Hola magazine, the picture shows MM at the fashion show, but wearing no make up and with her hair not styled at all. I think she should have taken a little bit more of time to work on her appearance for this event, don't you think?

Noticias breves de actualidad
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more additional pics of Mette-Marit at the fashion show

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Old 08-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

thanks for the pictures. Its good to see her during summer, especially back from the holiday, all relaxed & tanned. I like the outfit, plain but nice
Old 08-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but if it has; just delete :)

Interviewed by Tyler Brule for Monocle, his new magazine.
Great quality video, in english -taped at the castle in Oslo i believe.

Interview CP Haakon
Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the link spitzy! haakon speaks quite good english, doesn't he? he also seems quite comfortable giving interviews... i wish we could have seen mette-marit with him as well...

is any information known on how the princes will spend their 5th year anniversary?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
thanks for the link spitzy! haakon speaks quite good english, doesn't he? he also seems quite comfortable giving interviews... i wish we could have seen mette-marit with him as well...

is any information known on how the princes will spend their 5th year anniversary?
Actually it's their 6th anniversary. They were married in 2001. And according to the Norwegian Royal House's calendar kongehuset.no - Official engagements, they'll be holding an event in connection with their Humanitarian Fund.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

Haakon speaks great English! He and Mette-Marit both speak excellent English, IMO.