Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're most welcome sheikah deena!

Here is another picture gallery. I particularly like the second and third picture but also those where we see the beautiful scenerey with the tree (e.g. picture 16).
Kronprinsfamilien på ski | siste.no

Tonight CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit are hosting a dinner on the theme polar areas for Parker Liautaud at Skaugum Estate.
Picture

As a polar explorer and environmentalist, 17 years old Liautaud is a clear voice in the fight against climate change. Tonight he tells about his upcoming expedition to the Crown Prince Couple and the other guests at Skaugum.
kongehuset.no - Polarmiddag på Skaugum
Google Translation

Haakon is one cutie crown prince, he looks fantastic in these pics, thanks for posting them!

Oh yes, he is so friendly and down to earth. Just love him to bits. Thank you for these photographs.

Oh, well... hands in his trouser pockets when presented to Royalty! Times have changed indeed..!

Tonight CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit are hosting a banquet at Skaugum. They have invited close to fifty guests. This is an annual tradition, which this year takes place for the ninth time.
Picture

Some of the guests are young people that survived Utøya, others come from the Association LIVING - an association for relatives after the suicides, Mental Health Youth and Sunnaas SOHEMI - Forum for social and health services of migration.
kongehuset.no - Unge gjester på tradisjonsrikt gjestebud
Google Translation

a nice story about an invited girl and her preparation
I dag fr Utya-offeret Marte (18) mte kronprinsparet - nyheter - Dagbladet.no
Google Translation

Nice to have a peak into their home. Beautiful wood panneling.

CP Mette-Marit challenged CP Haakon on Twitter: "And I hereby challenge my husband, if you can turn off the Mac, I promise to cycle to work once every two weeks." She said last time she needed more than 1 hour by bike for the distance from Skaugum to Henrik Ibsens gate 1.
This challenge comes in relation to Earth Hour, the world's biggest climate campaign led by WWF, the World Nature Fund. The CP Couple will switch off the lights at Skaugum and also in the Royal Palace at 20.30 tonight as people all over the world will do for one hour to show commitment to the climate.
The challenge however has led to some discussion on twitter and they decided to take the bike ride on April 23.
CP Haakon has apparently chosen to take the call, and in a reply on Twitter to his wife, he asks whether he may participate in the ride.
Mette-Marit inngr veddeml med Haakon - Kjendis
Google Translation

Mette-Marit slukker lyset og sykler til Slottet - Aftenposten
Google Translation

Billed-Bladet - Drilsk Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit udfordrer Haakon
Google Translation

CP Mette-Marit challenged CP Haakon on Twitter: "And I hereby challenge my husband, if you can turn off the Mac, I promise to cycle to work once every two weeks." She said last time she needed more than 1 hour by bike for the distance from Skaugum to Henrik Ibsens gate 1.
This challenge comes in relation to Earth Hour, the world's biggest climate campaign led by WWF, the World Nature Fund. The CP Couple will switch off the lights at Skaugum and also in the Royal Palace at 20.30 tonight as people all over the world will do for one hour to show commitment to the climate.
The challenge however has led to some discussion on twitter and they decided to take the bike ride on April 23.
CP Haakon has apparently chosen to take the call, and in a reply on Twitter to his wife, he asks whether he may participate in the ride.
Mette-Marit inngr veddeml med Haakon - Kjendis
Google Translation

Mette-Marit slukker lyset og sykler til Slottet - Aftenposten
Google Translation

Billed-Bladet - Drilsk Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit udfordrer Haakon
Google Translation

What a fantastic idea. I simply love this couple.

I absolutely love this couple; they are so genuine and so much fun.

Thank you for all the links, iceflower!
It's great to see Sverre Magnus as well :)

An artical about the Hotel "Røisheim", where the Crownprince-family spent a few days.

Norwegens berühmtestes Bergsteigerhotel - Nachrichten Print - DIE WELT - Reise - WELT ONLINE
Google Fordító

Thank you, it seems they go hiking quite often :flowers:

Almost one year after the Oslo/Utøya attack CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit will be present when 100 volunteer lifesavers get the honour of the Norwegian Rescue Association at Sundvolden Hotel on June 2, 2012.
http://www.ringblad.no/nyheter/article6041902.ece
Google Translation

Last edited:
04.06.2012Board meetingTheir Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the board meeting of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess' Fund (12:00).

Is there any news from the above event or are board meetings private?

Last edited:
CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit are at the Bislett Games 2012 in Oslo tonight, June 7.
Picture (from CP Couple's facebook page)

CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit are at the Bislett Games 2012 in Oslo tonight, June 7.
Picture (from CP Couple's facebook page)

Can I ask what is the Bislett Games? They are in a stadion, so it is something sport?

:previous:

The Bislett Games are an annual athletics meeting held in June or July at the Bislett Stadium in Oslo.
It's one of the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) Golden League meetings and
it's usually the first one of the season :flowers:

Here's an additional pic from yesterday!

The CP Couple will go to the Olympics in London. They will travel to London on July 27 to watch the opening ceremony and visit the Norwegian participants in the athlete village.Crown Prince Haakon will be in London during the Games' first three days.Crown Princess Mette-Marit will not stay as long as she will travel directly to Washington.
Kronprinsparet til OL - Sport - NRK
Google Translation

ADD: another picture from yesterday

Last edited:
Delighted by these four extra pix ! How good looking they are !

Does anybody know that they have servants also weekends at Skaugum or only in the weekdays? I think the servants work from Monday til Friday 8-16:00 or don't? But than the family is also alone at weekends? And who cook the meal? I don't think that MM can cook...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom