Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing them again!

This year marks the 10th anniversary of their marriage, I am wondering whether they will throw a big party. I would love that :)

Mette-Marit looks so beautiful in the new pictures the court released recently. She has always been pretty but right now she seems to glow from the inside and she is obviously a very happy and content woman!

10 years of marriage anniversary - time is rushing by, I believe. I can still remember the day I watched their wedding ceremony on television. I loved her dress and all the emotions - it made me cry ( and I was only 12 years old back then...)!

I would like to ask, if anybody knows, what do they make, if they haven't got official programs. I mean, do they work in an office from 8 til 16, or they are at home, or how spend they their weekdays? And they have also their weekends free, as we commoner?

Yes, also I think so, they don't work too hard. It is a little bit strange, that the King work so much and the young generation don't.

I suppose CP Mette-Marit has not very busy schedule as she's studying now (as far as I remember she's finishing it). It is a intense time right now and last year she even missed Easter family celebrations because of studying.
As of CP Haakon he has engagements and as always was he has not so much as other princes but that is usual.

I didn't exactly know where to put it...:

A while back, the Norwegian Band Federation gifted Princess Ingrid Alexandra with a saxophone. She’s been too young to play it up until recently. At an audience with the Band Federation, her father revealed that he had now purchased a mouthpiece for the saxophone, and Ingrid Alexandra is now ready to learn to play.
The Federation also let it be known that when Sverre Magnus is big enough, that he will also receive an instrument to play.
Ingrid Alexandra and the saxophone | Blog Royale

Kronprinsen kjøpte nytt munnstykke : Norges Musikkorps Forbund - NMF

Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra skal lære å spille saksofon - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

I suppose CP Mette-Marit has not very busy schedule as she's studying now (as far as I remember she's finishing it). It is a intense time right now and last year she even missed Easter family celebrations because of studying.
As of CP Haakon he has engagements and as always was he has not so much as other princes but that is usual.

She should have studied when she was in school, instead of partying and getting pregnant out of wedlock.

She should have studied when she was in school, instead of partying and getting pregnant out of wedlock.

A bit harsh, no? We all make mistakes.....
Anyway if she is studying then she's doing the right thing and not trying to get the degree because of her status, good for her! :)

Probably a bit harsh - lots of people don't study as well as they could have at school for various reasons. Once they get a bit older they realise the benefits of an education and go back and complete it.

By going back to studying she is setting her children a good example that education is something that should continue throughout your life in the many varied forms that it can take.

IMO there are very few of us who have not got any regrets about some of our behaviour when we were younger. I know if I had my early twenties again I would have done more study instead of dropping out like I did to get a job because I wanted to earn money - as it is I have only just completed my study this year at the age of 37.:flowers:

But MM was not with Haakon on the Canarian Island?

I am not interested much in Norwegian royals, but I have read recently in one Slovak magazine that staff of the family hates Mette-Marit, because she corrects everybody.
Is it true?

could put an article about that? or more information, please?

Sounds like "informations" from the tabloids. Don´t believe everything these kind of yellow magazines say!

Probably a bit harsh - lots of people don't study as well as they could have at school for various reasons. Once they get a bit older they realise the benefits of an education and go back and complete it.

By going back to studying she is setting her children a good example that education is something that should continue throughout your life in the many varied forms that it can take.

IMO there are very few of us who have not got any regrets about some of our behaviour when we were younger. I know if I had my early twenties again I would have done more study instead of dropping out like I did to get a job because I wanted to earn money - as it is I have only just completed my study this year at the age of 37.:flowers:

Good for you, kathl29! Congratulations on completing your studies! I did not mean to be harsh, I just wanted to point out, after reading sofajr's comments about intense studying interferring with Easter celebrations, that this was of her own doing and there is no need to pity her for missing family fun.

sylla said:
Good for you, kathl29! Congratulations on completing your studies! I did not mean to be harsh, I just wanted to point out, after reading sofajr's comments about intense studying interferring with Easter celebrations, that this was of her own doing and there is no need to pity her for missing family fun.

I understand your point but the previous way you stated it just came off a bit unkind and harsh- the way above was much better way of explaining....:) thank you!

Thank you for explaining what you meant. Once explained your point makes perfect sense.:flowers::flowers:

Personal attacks are forbidden on the Forums.
Please try to respect each other opinion and avoid criticizing each other.

I found an article which says something about the CP Couple visiting the country in August: They'll visit Møre and Romsdal from August 19-22 and Hedmark August 22-23. Unfortunately the translation is quite bad (they translate Hedmark into England) :( , but I hope I got it right.
Article
Google Translation

I'm looking forward to it :)

Thanks for the pictures, although you can hardly see them ;)

The Crownprince family will through the weekend participate in the "Til topps" (To the top) event; the CP Couple plans to walk to the top of the Galdhopiggen mountain, the tallest in Norway with a height of 2469 meters above sea level.
Mette-Marit and her three children attended a cultural event (in connection with "Til topps") in Lom, Central Norway, today June 24, 2011.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 - Picture 7 - Picture 8 - Picture 9 - Picture 10 (lovely photo) - Picture 11 - Picture 12 - Picture 13 - Picture 14

Picture gallery
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...5HIiwiYnIiOlsiMDozMTpOb3J3YXkgMjAxMTA2MjQiXX0

ADD: watermark free picture

Last edited:
Thanks for this photos. There are beautiful. And haakon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom