The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nelson Mandela and his wife Graça Machel had an audience with the King today, Haakon, Mette-Marit and the Queen was there for the group picture. On saturday Mette-Marit will attend the 46664 Mandela concert in Tromsø

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=280343
from cover.es and anb.no
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mandela.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	157183   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAZEPO57.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	161887   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA3I6TVZ.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	161888  

Old 06-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots Larzen.The Queen looks very lovely in this yellow.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nelson Mandela (3rd L) and his wife Graca Machel (3rd R) meet the Norwegian royal family in the Royal Castle in Oslo June 9, 2005. The Mandelas are in Norway to attend the '46664 Arctic' concert in Tromso, northern Norway, on June 10.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agenda after the swedish visit, there might be changes and additions

June 11
20.00 Mette-Marit attend the Mandela 46664 concert in Tromsø

June 12
11.00 The King, Queen and Haakon attend Sunday Service in Oslo Cathdral
11.00 Mette-Mairt attend Sunday Service in Tromsdalen church Tromsø

June 13
13.15 The King have audience and Lunch with the President of Germany
13.30 Mette-Marit opens the new "Lærings og mestrings senteret" at Oslo University hospital

June 15
09.00 Haakon attend the HSH conferance in Oslo
12.00 Haakon inspects the Kings guard at Guard military camp, Huseby
14.15 Haakon puts down the first stone for a new military building at Akershus

June 16
12.00 Christening of Leah Isadora Behn

June 17
11.00 The King presides state council
15.30 The King and Queen hosts a reception for honorary consules

June 18-19
The King and Queen visit Bergen

June 23
17.30 The Queen opens a new visitorcenter at Borgund stavkirke (a church)
17.30 Haakon is present for Norwegian Marchingbands Associations (very liberal translation) festival

June 24
The King presides state council
Old 06-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

does anybody know anything about the visit that Haakon and Mette-Marit may or may not pay to the US? I can't find anything about it. Now that she's pregnant they may not come, but in case they do, I'd like to be prepared. All I know is they are supposed to come to the midwest?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

And i also heard about their going to the United Kingdom with the King and the Queen on the Official Visit in October?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
does anybody know anything about the visit that Haakon and Mette-Marit may or may not pay to the US? I can't find anything about it. Now that she's pregnant they may not come, but in case they do, I'd like to be prepared. All I know is they are supposed to come to the midwest?
I think that it may be postponed. Mette-Marit won't be making the flight across the Atlantic at least, I'm fairly certain.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Majesty

can't wait until leah isadora's christening!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think that it may be postponed. Mette-Marit won't be making the flight across the Atlantic at least, I'm fairly certain.
well, if it was planned for soon they could probably go. maxima went to kenia and uganda being pregnant and so did mary (thailand) and letizia (japan) in their very first months of pregnancy so if it was planned for soon they will probably go... idon't think there will be any problem with mm's pregnancy.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
can't wait until leah isadora's christening!!! :)
Yes, just imagine all the crazy/ugly hats we`ll get to see , and I wonder what Pia Haraldsen will delight us with

The USA visit was AFAI can remember planned for end of October beginning of November, she cant make a trans-atlantic plane trip and a 10-14 days trip at that stage in her pregnancy

She has also been to Poland at about the same pregnancy stage as Letizia (Japan) and mary (Thailand\japan)
Old 06-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
well, if it was planned for soon they could probably go. maxima went to kenia and uganda being pregnant and so did mary (thailand) and letizia (japan) in their very first months of pregnancy so if it was planned for soon they will probably go... idon't think there will be any problem with mm's pregnancy.
It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.
The plane companies also advise against pregnant women flying if it is closer than 4 weeks to due date, but that is only if it is less than 4 hours on the plane. So, it is unsure if we'll see Mette-Marit on the State visit to UK, or Denmark.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Majesty

were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...
Old 06-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...
There's a state visit to Denmark in the beginning of November. The one to UK is also this fall.

Frederik is already one of Ingrid Alexandra's godparents.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Palace is now open to the public and tourists, and the royal family is on summervacation until the beginning of August.

King Harald and his crew onboard the «Fram XV» shall take part in the INS-clas in the European championships ins Stockholm from June 27th yo July 7th. The King will not take part in the Copa del Rey in Mallorca this year, he will wait until next year when he got his new boat (and a decent chance to beat the Spanish King )

During the summer there will be three birthdays, Sonja will be 68 on july 4th Haakon will be 32 on july 20th and Mette-Marit also turns 32 this year on August 19th. The tradition is to celbrate the Queen and Haakon on the royal familys summerhouse Mågerø, and that Märtha Louise will take the trip across the fjord with her family. VG also says that the royal family will take some vacation weeks abroad, but the palace will not say where

The King and Queen will have soem official engagements during the vacation

July 16 The Queen will visit Åndalsnes to reciev her Prize "the mountain goat" VG speculates that she might take some days hiking in the mountain after that.

July 30 the King and Queen will see the outdoor theatre about Olav the Holy (I dont think that was the best translation) on Stiklestad

July 31 the King and Queen will open the Olavs festival in Trondheim

August 5th The King will again preside statecouncil (no statecouncil during the vacation)

August 12 Haakon will take part in a peace seminar in Moss

First trip abroad for The King and Queen is to Sweden on an official visit to King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia on sept 1. Haakon and Mette-Marit is also invited. They will stay on the Royal Yacht Norge

There will also be official visits to Denmark and Britain in the autumn

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=281977
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

the royal palace is open:http://www.aftenposten.no/english/bi...cle1067437.ece
Old 07-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News
Thank you for those photos. MA is looking so much like Märtha every day. I too love looking at photos of grandparents doting on their grandchildren. Aww.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful pics, the queen looks great. Seeing her with MA is priceless.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?
They were taken on Magero on Sonja's 68th birthday.

Closed Thread