The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
well, if it was planned for soon they could probably go. maxima went to kenia and uganda being pregnant and so did mary (thailand) and letizia (japan) in their very first months of pregnancy so if it was planned for soon they will probably go... idon't think there will be any problem with mm's pregnancy.
It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.
The plane companies also advise against pregnant women flying if it is closer than 4 weeks to due date, but that is only if it is less than 4 hours on the plane. So, it is unsure if we'll see Mette-Marit on the State visit to UK, or Denmark.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...
There's a state visit to Denmark in the beginning of November. The one to UK is also this fall.

Frederik is already one of Ingrid Alexandra's godparents.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Palace is now open to the public and tourists, and the royal family is on summervacation until the beginning of August.

King Harald and his crew onboard the «Fram XV» shall take part in the INS-clas in the European championships ins Stockholm from June 27th yo July 7th. The King will not take part in the Copa del Rey in Mallorca this year, he will wait until next year when he got his new boat (and a decent chance to beat the Spanish King )

During the summer there will be three birthdays, Sonja will be 68 on july 4th Haakon will be 32 on july 20th and Mette-Marit also turns 32 this year on August 19th. The tradition is to celbrate the Queen and Haakon on the royal familys summerhouse Mågerø, and that Märtha Louise will take the trip across the fjord with her family. VG also says that the royal family will take some vacation weeks abroad, but the palace will not say where

The King and Queen will have soem official engagements during the vacation

July 16 The Queen will visit Åndalsnes to reciev her Prize "the mountain goat" VG speculates that she might take some days hiking in the mountain after that.

July 30 the King and Queen will see the outdoor theatre about Olav the Holy (I dont think that was the best translation) on Stiklestad

July 31 the King and Queen will open the Olavs festival in Trondheim

August 5th The King will again preside statecouncil (no statecouncil during the vacation)

August 12 Haakon will take part in a peace seminar in Moss

First trip abroad for The King and Queen is to Sweden on an official visit to King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia on sept 1. Haakon and Mette-Marit is also invited. They will stay on the Royal Yacht Norge

There will also be official visits to Denmark and Britain in the autumn

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=281977
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

the royal palace is open:http://www.aftenposten.no/english/bi...cle1067437.ece
Old 07-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SZWECJA_RODZINA10_001.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	167749   Click image for larger version

Name:	SZWECJA_RODZINA10_002.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	167750   Click image for larger version

Name:	SZWECJA_RODZINA10_003.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	167751   Click image for larger version

Name:	SZWECJA_RODZINA10_004.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	167752  

Old 07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News
Thank you for those photos. MA is looking so much like Märtha every day. I too love looking at photos of grandparents doting on their grandchildren. Aww.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful pics, the queen looks great. Seeing her with MA is priceless.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?
They were taken on Magero on Sonja's 68th birthday.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

A Dutch friend Marianne of the Glittering Royal Events MB has been on the look out for the past several months for the special commemorative wedding book for Haakon and Mette-Marit, "Det Kongelige Bryllup." book of the wedding -- but if you pass by it in the bookstore, definitely have a flip through. In addition to behind-the-scenes pictures of the wedding, there were also some pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit growing up. Most of the ones of Haakon are familiar, but I hadn't seen the one below before.

I have scanned a few others in. As Marianne went through a lot of trouble to find this book for me and I spent a fair amount of money for her to help me buy it and ship it to me, I would greatly appreciate that they not be posted elsewhere. I have scanned them in for the purpose of TRF members, and have labelled them as such.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Thank you!

Alexandria, such an amazing picture! Thank you for taking the trouble and scanning it extra for TRF!
Old 07-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Alexandria, thats the cutest pics i ever seen!

Minka
Old 08-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Sonja, Märtha Louise, Ari, Harad attending Peer Gynt festival in Gudbrandsdalen.

Article in Norwegian http://web3.aftenbladet.no/kultur/article212003.ece

Scanpix picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93635b Scanpix.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	176581  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Larzen for the new engagements list, but has the Royal Court announced the Official Visit to the United Kingdom yet?I really want to know the date,anyone know about it yet?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

OK, I found it, the official visit to UK is from October 25-27, so far only King Harald and Queen Sonja is listed for this event. Its not anounced by the court yet, that usually happens one month before, it is only put as an event on the centenary program.

http://www.norway.org.uk/Templates/S...Guest#november
Old 08-08-2005, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you so much,Larzen.That's really kind of you.I have found alot on British Royal website,but no details yet.Thanks you again.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks larzen for keeping us updated! seems the norwegians are not ending their holidays in august but in september... are there any activities programmed for this month?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know where to post this but it is a cute story I think

The Kings Guard regularly go to Edinburgh to take part in the military tattoo. When the Guard performed in a Zoo in 1963 one of the Guards thought they needed a maskot, therefor they adopted a Penguin. It is called Nils Olav, after the commandor of the troops in 1963 and King Olav. The Guard pays for the Penguin in the Zoo. Every year the Kings Guard visit Edinburgh his military rank is promoted. Today Nils Olav got promoted to honorary "oberst" (Im sorry I dont know the english word for the military title) After the promotion Nils Olav inspected the troops and he got a bronze statue of himself in the Zoo. In 2002 a total of 250 journalists was present and he made the cover of Times Magazine. As a symbol he has a badge on his wing. It has to be said that it is accually not the same penguin as in 1963 but as the old ones die the new Nils Olav gets to keep the military rank and name

Pictures from Nettavisen and facetoface