Family news and pictures thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandria said:
It really depends on the woman and the pregnancy as each pregnancy is different for the same woman.

Mary, Maxima and Letizia travelled to other nations in the early stages of their pregnancy (and in Maxima's case, mid-pregnancy, too), but that doesn't mean it's the standard for pregnant women.

In Mette-Marit's case travelling might not be recommended for her for several reasons, including the fact that her second pregnancy had to be announced early because she was suffering from severe morning sickness. Also, given Mette-Marit's fear of flying (which may or may not be completely treated), while pregnant her fear may have returned or her anxiety over flying increased.

Mette-Marit and the royal court should ultimately let the Crown Princess decide if she feels she can go and not make her go just because other princesses have travelled early in their pregnancy. The health of Mette-Marit and the baby is ultimately what's most important.

The plane companies also advise against pregnant women flying if it is closer than 4 weeks to due date, but that is only if it is less than 4 hours on the plane. So, it is unsure if we'll see Mette-Marit on the State visit to UK, or Denmark.

were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...

carlota said:
were there any state visits programmed to the uk and denmark? it would be nice to see them coping with fred and mary... just to see how close is their relationship. i really think frederik will be their next baby's godparent...
There's a state visit to Denmark in the beginning of November. The one to UK is also this fall.

Frederik is already one of Ingrid Alexandra's godparents.

The Palace is now open to the public and tourists, and the royal family is on summervacation until the beginning of August.

King Harald and his crew onboard the «Fram XV» shall take part in the INS-clas in the European championships ins Stockholm from June 27th yo July 7th. The King will not take part in the Copa del Rey in Mallorca this year, he will wait until next year when he got his new boat (and a decent chance to beat the Spanish King;) )

During the summer there will be three birthdays, Sonja will be 68 on july 4th Haakon will be 32 on july 20th and Mette-Marit also turns 32 this year on August 19th. The tradition is to celbrate the Queen and Haakon on the royal familys summerhouse Mågerø, and that Märtha Louise will take the trip across the fjord with her family. VG also says that the royal family will take some vacation weeks abroad, but the palace will not say where

The King and Queen will have soem official engagements during the vacation

July 16 The Queen will visit Åndalsnes to reciev her Prize "the mountain goat" VG speculates that she might take some days hiking in the mountain after that.

July 30 the King and Queen will see the outdoor theatre about Olav the Holy (I dont think that was the best translation) on Stiklestad

July 31 the King and Queen will open the Olavs festival in Trondheim

August 5th The King will again preside statecouncil (no statecouncil during the vacation)

August 12 Haakon will take part in a peace seminar in Moss

:D First trip abroad for The King and Queen is to Sweden on an official visit to King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia on sept 1. Haakon and Mette-Marit is also invited. They will stay on the Royal Yacht Norge

There will also be official visits to Denmark and Britain in the autumn

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=281977

Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News

Attachments

• SZWECJA_RODZINA10_002.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 440
  • SZWECJA_RODZINA10_003.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 486
  • SZWECJA_RODZINA10_004.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_004.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 649
  • SZWECJA_RODZINA10_001.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 444
pdas1201 said:
Pics from the summer vacation (I love looking at pics of little Maudie and her doting granny:) )

East News
Thank you for those photos. MA is looking so much like Märtha every day. I too love looking at photos of grandparents doting on their grandchildren. Aww.

Wonderful pics, the queen looks great. Seeing her with MA is priceless.

Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?

GrandDuchess said:
Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for finding them - what a gem! Does anyone have a clue as to where these were taken?

They were taken on Magero on Sonja's 68th birthday.

A Dutch friend Marianne of the Glittering Royal Events MB has been on the look out for the past several months for the special commemorative wedding book for Haakon and Mette-Marit, "Det Kongelige Bryllup." book of the wedding -- but if you pass by it in the bookstore, definitely have a flip through. In addition to behind-the-scenes pictures of the wedding, there were also some pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit growing up. Most of the ones of Haakon are familiar, but I hadn't seen the one below before.

I have scanned a few others in. As Marianne went through a lot of trouble to find this book for me and I spent a fair amount of money for her to help me buy it and ship it to me, I would greatly appreciate that they not be posted elsewhere. I have scanned them in for the purpose of TRF members, and have labelled them as such.

Scan0012.jpg

Thank you!

Alexandria, such an amazing picture! Thank you for taking the trouble and scanning it extra for TRF!

Alexandria, thats the cutest pics i ever seen!

Minka

Thanks Larzen for the new engagements list, but has the Royal Court announced the Official Visit to the United Kingdom yet?I really want to know the date,anyone know about it yet?

Thanks you so much,Larzen.That's really kind of you.I have found alot on British Royal website,but no details yet.Thanks you again.

thanks larzen for keeping us updated! seems the norwegians are not ending their holidays in august but in september... are there any activities programmed for this month?

I dont know where to post this but it is a cute story I think

The Kings Guard regularly go to Edinburgh to take part in the military tattoo. When the Guard performed in a Zoo in 1963 one of the Guards thought they needed a maskot, therefor they adopted a Penguin. It is called Nils Olav, after the commandor of the troops in 1963 and King Olav. The Guard pays for the Penguin in the Zoo. Every year the Kings Guard visit Edinburgh his military rank is promoted. Today Nils Olav got promoted to honorary "oberst" (Im sorry I dont know the english word for the military title) After the promotion Nils Olav inspected the troops and he got a bronze statue of himself in the Zoo. In 2002 a total of 250 journalists was present and he made the cover of Times Magazine. As a symbol he has a badge on his wing. It has to be said that it is accually not the same penguin as in 1963 but as the old ones die the new Nils Olav gets to keep the military rank and name:D

Pictures from Nettavisen and facetoface

Oberst= Colonel

What a nice story, Larzen. I've met the penguins at Edinburgh Zoo, though, I never saw any rank :)

News on the USA Visit

A press release from the Royal Court today tells that King Harald and Queen Sonja will pay a visit to Washington D.C. from 16 to 20 September, Princess Ragnhild Mrs Lorentzen and husband Erling Lorentzen, and Princesss Astrid Mrs Ferner and husband Johan Martin Ferner will also participate during the whole visit.

King Harald will unveil a statue of his mother, Crown Princess Märtha, outside the Norwegian Ambassador’s residence. He will also pay a visit to Washington Navy Yard where President Roosevelt delivered the submarine hunter KNM “King Haakon VII” to Crown Princess Märtha on 16 September 1942. Queen Sonja will hold lecture about her experiences of Norway as a travel destination at the Smithsonian Institute.

The visit will be ended with a seminar about Snøhetta’s architecture project in the National Building Museum.

The press release (in Norwegian) can be found here.

Thanks for the news GrandDuchess, it's cool that both Princess Astrid and Princess Ragnhild with their husband will take part in, it's rarely get an opportunity like this seeing King Harald and his beloved sisters all on such a great visit like this.

Tonight there was a gala dinner for the Diplomats at the palace. Present was King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner.
Unfortunatly no Märtha Louise or Mette-Marit. Sonja wear Queen Maud Pearl tiara and a dress from 1997, and Astrid her peculiar Ving tiara

Pictures from www.anb.no

Attachments

• alle20050906-045.jpg
    alle20050906-045.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 351
  • alle20050906-047.jpg
    alle20050906-047.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 305
aw, it's a pity we couldn't see martha or mette marit. we always have sonja or astrid as female representation, but somehow i need to see some "young gala gowns" :) so long since any of the young princesses dressed in gala!

1 week ago Nils Jørgen Astrup was burried from Ullern church in Oslo. Astrup was a close friend of the King and Queen and godfather of Princess Märtha Louise. The King, Queen and Märtha Louise attended the funeral. In church there were three white wreaths from the royal family, one from the King and Queen, one from Haakon and Mette-Marit and one from Märtha Louise and Ari Behn. Also Marius grandparents Jan and Mette Borg attended the funeral as they were friends of Astrup. The Baby in the pictures is the grandson of Astrup who was born premature just a few days before his granfather died. Scans from SE&HØR

Larzen said:
Tonight (6.9.05) there was a gala dinner for the Diplomats at the palace. Present was King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner. Sonja wears Queen Maud Pearl tiara and a dress from 1997, and Astrid her peculiar Ving tiara

A few more from www.isifa.com and nettavisen

Attachments

• is_11256289.jpg
    is_11256289.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 305
  • is_11256288.jpg
    is_11256288.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Norwegian New Parlament

From anp

Attachments

• 3091252.jpg
    3091252.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 345
A selection from www.isifa.com from the opening of Stortinget attended by the King and Queen and The Crown Prince. There is no tradition in Norway for the wife of the Heir to attend the opening, neither Crown Princess Märtha nor Crown Princess Sonja attended (before she became Queen and even that was controvertial in the beginning)

Attachments

• is_11271938.jpg
    is_11271938.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 357
  • is_11271941.jpg
    is_11271941.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 293
  • is_11271962.jpg
    is_11271962.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 287
  • is_11271969.jpg
    is_11271969.jpg