Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this little Interview Mette-Marit has given sometime early in 2005 so over a year ago, it was to a magazine that came out to mark the year of design, and it is published by the Norwegian Design Council, of which she is patron
here is the link to the PDF, it is on page 8
http://www.norskdesign.no/nyheter/designforalle/designretdnbilag.pdf

A quick translation
What does design mean for the Crown Princess?
-My initial interest in design was connected to the esthetical aspects, but as I have worked and learnt more about it, I see the difference the good design can have on the functional level. When design is at its best it is a combination of the esthetical and the functional, that makes a product stand out. I have much pleasure out of good products and find it very exciting to work with Norwegian designers in different fields.

- I have for many years now been interested in design, that is why it was easy to say yes when I was asked to become patron. Both the Crown Prince and I am interested in the modern Norway, what, and who do we present us as. I think its needed a holistic presentation of Norwegian designers to promote the picture of good Norwegian design abroad. We have many fantastic architects, artists, designers, and producers that present Norway as a modern nation. Design pictures Norway as we want to show it of. I think it is important to consider this aspect when we look to the future Norway outside of the oil and gas industry.

- The human produced side of our surroundings gets an increasingly bigger place and is an important part of our identity. This goes for the open space outside, the houses we live in etc. Good functional solutions can also contribute to making everyday life easier for people with handicaps

- I have on my visits at home and abroad seen that good design is both functional and esthetical, that is what makes the product stand out from the “grey mass". We have to day a strong team of Norwegian industrial designers that is in the top internationally, I think it is important that many Norwegian companies use this competence when they develop products, it will increase their possibilities in the international market

- In the furniture industry there are good examples of that, the cooperation between the traditional furniture producer LL Hjelle and the design group Norway says is one example. Its important that more companies is aware of and put the designer competence in to use, I think it can have a positive effect both on Norway as a country and on the economy.

- Design is important in the development of more environmentally sustainable products, new solutions can give environmentally friendly solutions, for instance choice of materials and the possibility of recycling. If the future consumer is concerned about such things, environmentally friendly products have a real advantage. It is my opinion that Norwegian designer are very concerned about this.

The Crown Princess is concerned with equal opportunities for everyone in society, how can design help with this?

- There is broad agreement that we want an equal society where no one is excluded because of age or reduced functional abilities. Everyone is equally important and has the right for the same possibilities; here comes “design for everybody” in, where you can include peoples different capabilities in design and development of products. In this way the products become better and more people can have advantage of it.

- There is much innovation in Norway today that the Crown Prince and I got to experience some of it when we arranged a design meeting at Skaugum last autumn. Its exciting that it is being worked with not only the traditional aspects of design, but also directed towards technology, health and including design. I have had the pleasure to open the exhibition young designers twice, it has been a good possibility to see what’s happening in amongst the newly educated. I also see a clear increased interest in Norwegian design when we are out travelling, we could also see it when we lived in London

Does the Crown Princess choose much Norwegian Design?
- Yes we use much Norwegian design, we have made a conscious decision that all gifts we give to heads of states and others are made of Norwegian designers, we also use Norwegian designers for our arrangements like Princess Ingrid Alexandra’s Christening. I am also impressed with the improvement of Norwegian fashion design the last years. There is much nice Norwegian clothes being made, I think it will increase (get better?) in the years to come. I have a broad cooperation with Norwegian designers and use much Norwegian clothes

I dont think the pictures are made for this interview, I have seen them before, they are from Scanpix

Last edited:
LaMinka said:
I as a "Norwegian" Is very proud to have her as my new home countrys crown Princess!

I like her too -- she comes across as very down to earth with both feet flat on the ground.:)

Seems me good as the princess and has some very good-looking children :D

Royal Fan said:
lol she reminds me of Amy Poeler from SNL (not that thats bad :) )

And also looks like the lead character of species (Natalia Henstridge is her name, I think:eek: ;) )

MM is so pretty. No wonder Ingrid Alexandra is the cutest royal girl today. :) ;)

Christo's Girl said:
Mette-Marit reminds me so much of Gwyneth Paltrow. Both have that slim, blond classy look. In fact do they not know each other and are friends?

Yes they are as a matter of fact. There is a picture of Mette-Marrit attending her birthday, I'll see whether I can find it.

Lil princess lost said:
Yes they are as a matter of fact. There is a picture of Mette-Marrit attending her birthday, I'll see whether I can find it.

I think that's pretty neat having Hollywood royalty be friends with real royalty. :) You would think this friendship might get a little bit more buzz in the U.S. and introduce the rest of the country to other royal families besides the British. Does anybody know how they met?

soCal girl said:
I think that's pretty neat having Hollywood royalty be friends with real royalty. :) You would think this friendship might get a little bit more buzz in the U.S. and introduce the rest of the country to other royal families besides the British. Does anybody know how they met?

The group is Rosario, Princess of Preslav (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria and godmother to Sverre), Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Gwyneth Paltrow:cool:

soCal girl said:
I would assume they met when Mette-Marit and Haakon were studying in London.

Gwyneth is not an unknown name in royalty, she's also friends with Prince Felipe (there were rumors about the relationship between the two of them) and his sister Infanta Cristina, besides as I stated before, she's best friends with Valentino and Rosario Nadal (those two ladies are his muses;) ).

At this link there are a few pictures of MM attending Gwyneths birthday and one of Gwyneth, MM and Haakon.

I wonder what designers clothing Mette-Marit wears. I think she mentioned in the above interview that she has some Norwegian designers. I would like to learn some names of Norwegian designers since I've never heard about any.

Larzen said:
I found this little Interview Mette-Marit has given sometime early in 2005 so over a year ago, it was to a magazine that came out to mark the year of design, and it is published by the Norwegian Design Council, of which she is patron
here is the link to the PDF, it is on page 8
http://www.norskdesign.no/nyheter/designforalle/designretdnbilag.pdf

A quick translation

I dont think the pictures are made for this interview, I have seen them before, they are from Scanpix

thank you for the translation, Larzen. :) :)
i think these photos were taken a year ago (around february or march) for an interview she made in her new office at the royal palace. isn't it? :D
she looks really great and i like the "white" design of the office.. ;)

I found this picture on the Norwegian Red Cross website. I think it's one of the best I've seen of Mette-Marit. She looks very focussed and businesslike.
(source: redcross.no)

If it is a pretty image of the princess to is seen her him very well, thanksss :)

from corbis

Here abandonment some photos of Mette Marit that I love

Gorgeous pictures, monica821, thanks for posting them!

I agree thanks for posting these fab picture monica821

Thanks for the photos !:)
I don't understand why Crown Princess Mette -Marit isn't known for being very pretty, like Mary or Letizia for example . People don't even seem to notice what an absolutely beautiful bone structure she has ...:rolleyes: :confused:

Thank you for the pictures, monica821. Mette-Marit looks amazing in all of them!

Anita - I really don't get that either. I think she is beautiful, it is just in another way than the others. I think she is far more charming in a regular way, she looks very natural :) Not that the others look fake or anything, I've just always thought of her as more natural and common!

^ I think Mette-Marit is beautiful but I think the reason people do not rave about her like they do Mary is her outfits.

Clothes are a lot to do with looking good and Mette-Marit does not seem to get it right as often as other Crown-princess'. I loved her style in London when she was pregnant but many of her outfits are more suited to an older lady.

I am only guessing but for me I look forward to what the other ladies are wearing more so than Mette-Marit.

I like much this dress that the princess take to the dinner, the day before the wedding of principes of Asturias. The color is pretty and contrasts with the color of her hair. I believe that she look very beautiful. And you?

Getty Images

Paty said:
I like much this dress that the princess take to the dinner, the day before the wedding of principes of Asturias. The color is pretty and contrasts with the color of her hair. I believe that she look very beautiful. And you?

Getty Images
I too thought she looked stunning at the prewedding dinner for Felipe & Letizia.

Yes, I think she looked like a top-model, being tall, slim, blond and very elegant .

I also loved the colour of the dress in Spain, the hair looked very nice also
She should take a look at theese pictures and see how much better she looks in color as oppsed to blacks, browns, beiges and darkblue, and how much more elegant nude stockings is compared to thick coloured ones like she wore to the christenings of Sverre and Cristian. So after easter I would like to not see her in thick coloured stocking, high trutlenecks and drab colours, its finally getting spring her

Here are som HQs, some of them are scans from Majesty and Billedbladet, and the remainig is from AFP and Polfoto (two of which has been posted on GREMB by Tamara, I think)
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtruecolor029as.jpg

Last edited:
Mette Marit is stunning in bright colors and pastels. She is a beautiful woman, but I agree that the dark and neutral colors she favors do not accent her beauty. With her blonde hair, pastels look lovely on her.

I too think she is a really beautiful woman. I have followed her since the first time the papers found out she and Haakon where dating and I always thought she is an incredible woman...:)

It seems that MM has not change from who she was. She does not seem caught up in fashion and wouild rather focus on her family and her duties.
To me that says a lot of her character.

Anita said:
Thanks for the photos !:)
I don't understand why Crown Princess Mette -Marit isn't known for being very pretty, like Mary or Letizia for example . People don't even seem to notice what an absolutely beautiful bone structure she has ...:rolleyes: :confused:
I guess she is not conventionally pretty, but neitheris Letizia really. Both are really stunning though. I think Mette-Marit is just a little less "glammed up" most of the time than some. She may be lucky to have her looks, but she has more too!
thanks for all the pictures everyone!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom