Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I strongly doubt that as well.
I mean, if the entire Royal Royal Family was there, 14 might have been about right.

Mette Marit away to find herself - seriously!?
Mette-Marit von Norwegen: Sie will zu sich selbst finden! - BUNTE

I think she is just lazy & taking advantage of money & status but tries to sell herself as an "inspirational person" ... funny to see that when its about such things, it doesnt count that MM has fear of flying (she has cancelled events in the past for that reason) but at the same time jets around the world for private convenience ... same with her children, apparently they are so important that she cancels events to be with them but doesnt hesitate to leave them behind for a couple of weeks. For me, she is one great pretender without substance.

I think she is probably going through something. She can afford to go away and if the royal family especially her husband don't mind good for her. As for the children they are with their family and quite happy I'm sure. With skype she can see and talk to them everyday.

Mette Marit away to find herself - seriously!?
Mette-Marit von Norwegen: Sie will zu sich selbst finden! - BUNTE

I think she is just lazy & taking advantage of money & status but tries to sell herself as an "inspirational person" ... funny to see that when its about such things, it doesnt count that MM has fear of flying (she has cancelled events in the past for that reason) but at the same time jets around the world for private convenience ... same with her children, apparently they are so important that she cancels events to be with them but doesnt hesitate to leave them behind for a couple of weeks. For me, she is one great pretender without substance.

You can`t take BUNTE seriously??

I do think its strange her going off like that , but she must feel like she needs to do it ,does that mean then when the other royal family go on there summer hoildays she is going to stay behind and work due to her having an early hoilday ??

another article about her hiking tour
Indisk hotellsjef: Mette-Marit på fjelltur med kokk og telt - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation
from this article: Marianne Hagen, communication manager at the palace, said: I can confirm that Crown Princess Mette-Marit for several years has planned a hiking trip in this region, and that she is happy to finally be able to complete the walk. But it is not correct that she visited India last year.

So if I understand correct, she is now in the mountains til end of her India-travel, from Saturday than til next Sunday or Monday... Alone. With a cook and a securitypeople...

Last edited:
It seems than it is a spriritual travel, not only because of the beauty of the region... But I ask me, what say the church in Norway for this trip. They can think if the future Queen of Norway has spiritual problems, than she should ask the priester at home and find a way in the christian teachings not in buddhist.
I hope she hasn't got very serious problems and make her job as CP forth...

Last edited:
I don't think she is all by herself with a cook and a security man. I rather think it's a guided hiking tour in a group with some people.

This weekend's "Se og Hør"-cover shows a picture of her:http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246580_10151861068080607_5652953_n.jpg (from: Se og Hør | Facebook)
The caption says: This week you can read all about Mette-Marit's secret trip to India. See the exclusive photos!

Can anybody scan these photos or it is forbidden?

I dont think Princess Mette marit is very happy for some reason .

I dont think Princess Mette marit is very happy for some reason .

Yes, I think also, that maybe she has some problems with her life... If you think about, she was a very free woman before her marriage, she was able to make, what she wanted and now her life is organised by the royal court, she is followed and criticized all the time. Can it be, that she can't familiar with this situation? OK, we know, Haakon and the children are everything for her, but aslo she said for many years, that she would like if Haakon not CP is... Can you imagine, that Haakon give up his status if MM ask him...?
But we know MM for a very strong person, if she has a problem, she will be solve it, I am sure.

Just because she is going on a trip to India alone? Don`t we all need some time alone from time to time?

Yes, but what she make it is a spiritual trip with a guru in little Tibet, not only because she want to be alone... If she want it, than she can make it otherwise and in an other place.

Yes, but what she make it is a spiritual trip with a guru in little Tibet, not only because she want to be alone... If she want it, than she can make it otherwise and in an other place.

But if a spiritual trip will help here, so what? I don`t see any problem in this whats so ever.

When I looked up the wikipapia link. It goes to Huddersfield. Maybe that's we're she really is. Wink

I don't see anything wrong with a trip like that either. It does not have to mean necessarily she's unhappy or whatever.
The parents of a close friend of mine made such "spritual" journeys twice or so, to relax and to clear their minds... and they are no Buddhists either. Actually they are just two hard working people (Christians btw.) who found a good way to wind down...
So maybe it's an experience MM also wanted to make. Furthermore if it's helping her to clear her mind I don't see a problem with it (as long as she returns and keeps on working ;)).

If MM went on a hiking/walking track journey and those places are in the area or on the way, why not visit them? Also, who knows, the guru might have planned a trip with MM but that doesn't mean MM is in the spiritual stuff.
What we read is only what the tabloids are writing to sell.

:previous: Maybe. ... and even if it IS a spiritual journey I don't think it's such a big deal.

BUNTE is not the most reliable source, so anything written there should be read with a pinch of salt.
MM has a very strong Christian faith and have been very open about it. She strikes me as a seeking person, so perhaps that is just was she is doing.

It seems the norwegian church has a problem with this trip...

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit får kraftig kritikk for gurutur - Side2
Google Fordító

Mette-Marit får hard kritikk for åndelig veiledning - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google Fordító

They write, that she maybe meet also the Dalai Lama. Tha map show, that he has his summerresidence near to Leh.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Very interesting... I am reading now about the life of Jesus, and I am surprised, because there is a theory, that Jesus was in India between his 12 and 30 years, and that he was in the monastary of Hemmis, where also MM visited...(!!) So if we see from this point of view, than maybe she wanted also only see, where Jesus was... Maybe... But it is only my theory... But I know of course that the Christian church don't belive that Jesus was in India, so they can't say, ok, MM wanted to see where Jesus lived...

Lost years of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemis_Monastery

Last edited:
I am surprised to learn that Crown Princess Mette-Marit decided to undertake a solo trip. Is this trip a part of her agenda? Does a protection detail accompany her?

:previous: Maybe. ... and even if it IS a spiritual journey I don't think it's such a big deal.

I agree with you. Personally, I don't think it's an issue how we engage in discovering our own spiritual path, or lack thereof.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's quite that easy when the person involved is the crown princess and a future queen. I'm not concerned about the religious aspect as to the financial one - are norwegians tax payers happy to pay for MM's personal spiritual journey?

I can't answer it, so I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom