Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More beautiful than ever, thanks for the pix !

That is not a very flattering dress. Not flattering at all. :ohmy:

It is the first time I think she was really badly dressed. This dress is a disaster.

This dress seems to be Valentino. Eventhough I don't think is a very beautiful dress, it could look wonderful in a very thin women, like Mette-Marit's friend Rosario Nadal. It's not a dress to Mette-Marit's shape: she's tall but not thin at all

For me, Mette-Marit is a complete disappointment, she turned out the worst of all CPs. Ok, she and Haakon were always special, preferring humanitarian issues to "real work", no problem with that, if only MM would throw herself into such causes.

Instead, the only thing I see of her is wearing unflattering couture at jet-set events, to me she embraces the role of the easy going socialite at events she finds suitable for herself rather than serving a country. She seems to splash out the money on herself (fashion & beauty regimes) but what does she give in return? Twittering some pictures of herself & family about her whereabouts, like a celebrity?

She doesnt even co-ordinate her "events" with stuff she should be attending due to her functions, such as weddings or christenings.

Yes, I also have the feeling, that she makes only things, what makes her passion. What did she make in this year?? Nothing. I don't know what the Norwegians think about, but I would be a little bit angry, if she so "earn" my money (tax)...

She doesnt even co-ordinate her "events" with stuff she should be attending due to her functions, such as weddings or christenings.

I think it's good that she didn't cancel her engagement, the Young Global Leaders summit, which collides with Princess Estelle's christening. She has been accepted the invitation for this summit before the christening date was scheduled. For me it's right that she sticks with her original plan.

well I would be very happy for her to be my crown princess , ok so her clothes were not that great for 2 functions she went too , so what , I think she does a good job .

For me, Mette-Marit is a complete disappointment, she turned out the worst of all CPs. Ok, she and Haakon were always special, preferring humanitarian issues to "real work", no problem with that, if only MM would throw herself into such causes.

Instead, the only thing I see of her is wearing unflattering couture at jet-set events, to me she embraces the role of the easy going socialite at events she finds suitable for herself rather than serving a country. She seems to splash out the money on herself (fashion & beauty regimes) but what does she give in return? Twittering some pictures of herself & family about her whereabouts, like a celebrity?

Your observations are accurate. Although MET Gala is one of the most important social events in New York, it is not the place for any reigning royals to make appearances. I was perplexed to see Queen Rania in a much better dress attending it.

Last edited:
i quite understand what Duke of Marmalade said, i mean, she isnt taking any searious duties in behalf of her country and sometimes she attends those ''celebrity-like'' events that dont have any profit.
i like MM, but i dont see her embrace in working hard for her royal life, like we see with her european counterparts crown princesses. even Lalla Salma and Princess Sarah of Brunei do a better work for their countries.

well I would be very happy for her to be my crown princess , ok so her clothes were not that great for 2 functions she went too , so what , I think she does a good job .
I don't think the real problem is her clothes, that's another story. I have to admit that I like Mette-Marit, but lately she is just pure dissapointment to me for the same reasons Duke of Marmalade stated. She is more or less invisible in Norway. Apparently she is afraid of flying and therefore does not accompany Haakon on engagements abroad, yet she travels to destinations that are out of reach for her private purposes. As for her not attending Estelle's christening, while it's nice that she sticks to her "original" plan, she attended a similar summit a month ago, missing one wouldn't hurt her IMO.

I have to agree with DOM. MM seems to have no trouble traveling from Norway to NYC yet can't travel to Sweden for the christening? She seems to be the most work shy of all the CP's.

Last edited:
I would guess that Mette-Marit had agreed to attend the meeting in Seattle before the Swedish court decided what day Estelle was going to be baptized. If MM had decided to break her previous appointment for a christening people would be complaining that she don't want to keep promised appointments if she gets an invitation to a more newsworthy royal event.

Last edited:
She looks tanned. Do you think she has been on vacation, lately?

Well, we've been having very nice weather here in Europe. I don't know the weather-conditions in Norway, but a few hours in the backyard at Skaugum might have done the trick too.

In Belgium too ! She looks especially delighted to be there

I don't think it was such a big deal she didn't attend the Swedish christening, obviously she had a prior engagement.

But in general I must say I agree with you. I too am disappointed with her development, especially so because she used to be one of my favourites and I still think she & Haakon make a very nice couple. Between ~2003 and ~2008 she seemed to go into the right direction but nowadays she does not give me the impression she is "trying to give her best" like the other CPs do (perhaps they are not always at their best but at least they give the impression they are trying).

^^ Well said, ricarda.

Mette-Marit was for a while one of my favourite princesses but lately I'm kinda disapointed with her and most because it doesn't seem like she's trying hard to do a good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom