Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very nice photo! Were they in church, or in a governmental building?

She looks wonderful. I love the photo of her hugging the little boy. She just seems so sweet and caring.

Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit was Monday awarded the country's Plussprisen prize for her efforts to combat HIV/AIDS. The prize - announced in connection with World AIDS day - was awarded by the Norwegian group HivNorway that was formed to safeguard the rights and interests of people infected and affected by HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

The princess is a goodwill ambassador for the joint United Nations programme, UNAIDS

Norwegian crown princess gets award for combating HIV/AIDS : Health

Hooray for Mette-Marit!

Nice to see MM in this event. The kids seems to connect with her... :flowers:

MM looked really nice, im really happy in the causes MM takes up. Its nice seeing her surronded by all the children. Would be nice to see her eldest son with her.

Congratulations to Mette Merit! This award is well-deserved. She has done a lot of good work in helping those with HIV/AIDS to live better-quality lives. I have always admired the work she has done in this field.

Royal Women Tackle AIDS in Senegal « Royalty in the News
Two Princesses from two different continents were in Senegal this week to confront the AIDS/HIV issue in the country. Princesses Lalla Salma of Morocco, and Mathilde of Belgium came to the West African nation at separate times, but for the same mission.

video of the African First ladies' meeting: Le Journal télévisé en Français du 05 12 08

i'm surprised mette marit didn't attend this meeting since it seems all HIV related princesses are in attendance. she is also an UNAIDS representative.

Thank you, sofajr. The building was so pretty, and there was no mention of it in the article. I really liked this photo.

I have to say that I have most definitely changed my mind about Crown Princess Mette-Marit over the years. I thought it was just flat-out wrong to choose this young woman as a bride. Now I see that she works so well within the family and in a tough, tough job. I'm glad to see that she is getting recognition for her work.

What is so tough about this job? The pay is outstanding, plenty of time off, lots of parties and festivities. In addition, all the truly difficult work (arranging trips, coordinating events - espescially internationally, research) is done for her. All she has to do is show up and look pretty and many times she can't even do that.

What is so tough about this job? The pay is outstanding, plenty of time off, lots of parties and festivities. In addition, all the truly difficult work (arranging trips, coordinating events - espescially internationally, research) is done for her. All she has to do is show up and look pretty and many times she can't even do that.

What I consider tough about it is the endless snark, the complete lack of privacy in a tiny country, the endless staring at the tummy to see if the reproductive organs are still intact.

And that fact that she really had no prep for this kind of life prior to moving in with the Crown Prince, and has (with fewer-than-usual bobbles) has performed the tasks at hand. You hear about the Princess school for other Crown Princesses, but I think hers was a bit more slowly paced.

The fact that she is going back to college now takes a bit of guts, since she has a rather limited educational background.

I look at pictures of her and she varies from radiant to tired; I think she's the type of face that either looks terrific or plain, so it doesn't bark me that she doesn't look 100% perfect every step of the way. We can't all be Crown Princess Mary. :lol:

She seems to have blended into the Royal family; they have accepted her, her child by a former relationship, and the entire situation. You'd think that there would be some level of resistance within the group of people most close to her, but something about her, the person herself, has encouraged a contented situation.

She pulled it together.

And trust me, I thought she was completely without merit when the Crown Prince first introduced her.

Has Mette-Marit returned to her university programme?

I really like the idea of MM working with immigrant women. She seems to have such a warm, caring personality. This sounds like a great program.

Pics 11.2.2009

Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended the official inauguration of
'Norsk Mote Institutt' (Norwegian Fashion Institute) at the Oslo
Fashion Week, February 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
I love this princess but she should have really watched how she sat in this dress. with this dress you shouldn't really cross your legs but keep them both down.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom