Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was such a big deal she didn't attend the Swedish christening, obviously she had a prior engagement.

But in general I must say I agree with you. I too am disappointed with her development, especially so because she used to be one of my favourites and I still think she & Haakon make a very nice couple. Between ~2003 and ~2008 she seemed to go into the right direction but nowadays she does not give me the impression she is "trying to give her best" like the other CPs do (perhaps they are not always at their best but at least they give the impression they are trying).

I see on the webpage of the royalhouse, that she will make more programms in the next few days, weeks... So I think, that she finished her study and now she has more time for work. :)

Curious because at the beginning I didn't like the queen and adored Mette-Marit and lately MM has been disapointing me and i'm liking the queen more and more. Seems I'm against the trend

I think MM seems to be going through something or other when she puts her need b4 her duties, just like the 3 month trip she took with her her kids. BTW why w she so emotional during the b-day party of the Queen and king?

She was emotional at the birthday party because different people said many beautiful and moving things about the King and Queen and honoured them and the work they have done and continues to do. The King and Queen were often humbled and touched as well, and were both seen drying some tears. The concert had many fun as well as moving moments. How they represented Norway after 22th July was highlighted by different people and one artist, Ole Paus, said he realized during that time that the royal couple are invaluable to the Norwegian people. He then sang a new song honouring them. An actor also read a wonderful newly written poem to the King and Queen about their life traveling and representing the country, meeting and getting to know their people and all the different places of the country. Also here, how they brought the people together after the attacks were mentioned. At the concert we also saw videos of regular people, young and old talking about what the King and Queen mean to them and saying thank you.

The Crown Princess has not been slacking off these past years. Yes, she has had fewer official engagements, but that is because she has used much time for school and she does work for UNAIDS and Global leaders. That is to mean that she doesn’t just show up to be a magnet for photographers, she spends a lot of her time doing real work as it were, especially for global leaders where she has helped build a platform from the ground so young people will have their voices heard.

Her master thesis is now turned in and her school days over, so she will represent more again. Also I think we will see in the coming years that she and the Crown Prince will take over more engagements abroad to ease the work load for the King and Queen. Both the Crown Prince couple and the King have said it has been important for all of them that the Crown Prince couple spend as must time with the children as they can. This will change of course as we see both children and the King and Queen grow older.

I think most people don’t realize that the majority of the royal’s time is not used for official engagements, but working and meeting people at the palace/Skaugum. Working for the different organisations they work with/for, attending board meetings, planning-meetings, reading up on people they will meet and on countries, places, business and other things they will visit/attend. There is a whole lot of planning and that is not done by the court alone. It is actually import for the royals to have a set of knowledge before they arrive somewhere. Just because we do not see them out and about that doesn’t mean they are not working!

And the three month trip she took with her children was of course also attended by the Crown Prince. The trip was not done to slack off work, but to be able to spend time together as a family and have the children learn about other cultures from outside a text book. The trip was obviously a trip the King and Queen thought was a good idea and something they agreed and allowed the Crown Prince family to do. If the King and Queen’s health were shabby they would not have gone away. Also had something happened back home, they would of course have come back and done there duty representing the country.

She was emotional at the birthday party because different people said many beautiful and moving things about the King and Queen and honoured them and the work they have done and continues to do. The King and Queen were often humbled and touched as well, and were both seen drying some tears. The concert had many fun as well as moving moments. How they represented Norway after 22th July was highlighted by different people and one artist, Ole Paus, said he realized during that time that the royal couple are invaluable to the Norwegian people. He then sang a new song honouring them. An actor also read a wonderful newly written poem to the King and Queen about their life traveling and representing the country, meeting and getting to know their people and all the different places of the country. Also here, how they brought the people together after the attacks were mentioned. At the concert we also saw videos of regular people, young and old talking about what the King and Queen mean to them and saying thank you.

The Crown Princess has not been slacking off these past years. Yes, she has had fewer official engagements, but that is because she has used much time for school and she does work for UNAIDS and Global leaders. That is to mean that she doesn’t just show up to be a magnet for photographers, she spends a lot of her time doing real work as it were, especially for global leaders where she has helped build a platform from the ground so young people will have their voices heard.

Her master thesis is now turned in and her school days over, so she will represent more again. Also I think we will see in the coming years that she and the Crown Prince will take over more engagements abroad to ease the work load for the King and Queen. Both the Crown Prince couple and the King have said it has been important for all of them that the Crown Prince couple spend as must time with the children as they can. This will change of course as we see both children and the King and Queen grow older.

I think most people don’t realize that the majority of the royal’s time is not used for official engagements, but working and meeting people at the palace/Skaugum. Working for the different organisations they work with/for, attending board meetings, planning-meetings, reading up on people they will meet and on countries, places, business and other things they will visit/attend. There is a whole lot of planning and that is not done by the court alone. It is actually import for the royals to have a set of knowledge before they arrive somewhere. Just because we do not see them out and about that doesn’t mean they are not working!

And the three month trip she took with her children was of course also attended by the Crown Prince. The trip was not done to slack off work, but to be able to spend time together as a family and have the children learn about other cultures from outside a text book. The trip was obviously a trip the King and Queen thought was a good idea and something they agreed and allowed the Crown Prince family to do. If the King and Queen’s health were shabby they would not have gone away. Also had something happened back home, they would of course have come back and done there duty representing the country.

Thanks vestfoldlilja for your comments about the Crown Princess Mette Marit, she is one of my favorite royals and I truly believe she is doing a great job as CP.

CP Mette-Marit visited the Bergen Centre for Crisis Psychology today, June 6, 2012.
Picture 1 - Picture 2

Video: Mette-Marit besøker Senter for Krisepsykologi - bt.no

Mette-Marit besøker krisesenteret | ba.no
Google Translation

Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Mette-Marit rammet av streik - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Today in the afternoon CP Mette-Marit presented the Holberg Award 2012 in Haakon's Hall, Bergen.
kongehuset.no - Delte ut Holbergprisen
Google Translation

Between the two events she was supposed to visit the exhibition "Gavebordet" (Gift Table) in Bergen, which is the second of five exhibitions of the exhibition "Kongelige reiser". Due to the strike the museum of Bergen is closed. The museum wanted to give Mette-Marit special treatment to open for just her and the press, but the castle didn't want to accept that. 'It is not appropriate for the Crown Princess to see the exhibition when the museum is closed due to strike', said the castle's communications director Marianne Hagen.
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit vil ikke ha særbehandling - Side2
Google Translation

HQ Picture from the Holberg Award Ceremony
article: Holberg International Memorial Prize 2012: Manuel Castells | Holbergprisen

more pictures here: http://www.uoc.edu/portal/english/s...erg-2012-per-seva-contribucio-sociologia.html (click on the picture where it says Photo Gallery)

Last edited:
Why is now strike in Norway? Do the people have something problem? With Politik? Economy? Finance?

Why is now strike in Norway? Do the people have something problem? With Politik? Economy? Finance?

People working in the public sector have gone on strike on May 24. It's about raising wages (arguing wages are not keeping pace with the private sector) and improving working conditions. Unlike other European economies, Norway's has continued to grow due to its oil wealth.

Today, June 7, CP Mette-Marit visited the youth project "Kjør for livet" ("Drive for your life") in Melhus, Sør-Trøndelag. It's one of the projects of the Crown Prince Couple's Fund. Picture
Kronprinsessen på besøk - Trønderbladet
Google Translation

Picture from Kjør for livet's twitter page (click on the picture to enlarge)

ADD: video http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=19935&style=null

here you can see her driving by (in the second car)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWWFudqZvk

http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=101369
Google Translation

Some more pictures
APA gallery 1 http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...wiYnIiOlsiMDo0OkxhdWdoaW5nIDIwIDEyMCA2MDciXX0
APA gallery 2 http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...U5HIiwiYnIiOlsiMDo0Ok1lbGh1cyAyMDEyMDYwNyJdfQ

Nice pictures in this article
http://kjorforlivet.no/sistenytt/fartsfyllt-dag

more photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455138441164936.110026.211962022149247&type=1

Sverre Magnus is going to be jealous when he sees mom driving cross cart, said Mette-Marit.
http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks...aa-blir-sverre-magnus-misunnelig-3800924.html
Google Translation

http://www.froya.no/nyheter/lunch_med_kronprinsessen/

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/i...som-crosscartkjorer-6845638.html#.T9EEK5gqcT1

http://www.side2.no/underholdning/article3413319.ece

Last edited:
Some of CP Mette-Marit's bags, clothes and shoes are on sale at the new online flea market Bloppis.no. Revenues from the sale will go to environmental agents.

'Many of our clothes can be reused instead of discarded. Protect the environment in a simple and fun way', says the Crown Princess in a statement.
Mette-Marit selger klærne sine på loppis - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google Translation

This is the page Kronprinsesse Mette-Marits Bloppis - Bloppis
It says "Welcome! Here you will find clothing and accessories donated by HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit. All garments and accessories have been used by the Crown Princess, and all income from this Bloppisen will be given to charity."

such a shame its not English

According to Kashmir Observer, Mette-Marit is in a holiday in Kashmir.
Princess Mette-Marit arrived in Leh town in the frontier Ladakh region on Monday for a 13-day stay.
Though the princess is accompanied by her own security entourage, the state government has also deployed two English-speaking personal security officers with her, sources told the Kashmir Observer.
Besides visiting ancient monasteries, the Princess will also be going for trekking in the cold desert.
Norwegian Princess In Kashmir
Mette-Marit på ferie alene - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet

The same news as in September. But it seems she is now really there... It is interesting, that she has so big interest on this region. Total opposite lifestyle as her life in Norway.

is it a working hoilday ? or is it private ? ....... so does that mean she wont be going on the children's hoilday in the summer ??

has this (MM private 13 day trip) been confirmed by the court?

polyesco said:
has this (MM private 13 day trip) been confirmed by the court?

If it was private why would it be confirmed by the court?

is it a working hoilday ? or is it private ? ....... so does that mean she wont be going on the children's hoilday in the summer ??

It's a private 13 day holiday.

If it was private why would it be confirmed by the court?

According to this article the palace did confirm she was in India.

I can confirm that Crown Princess Mette-Marit for several years has planned a hiking trip in this region, and that she is happy to finally be able to complete the walk. But it is not correct that she visited India last year, says an otherwise taciturn Hagen. The castle has no further comments on the Crown Princess's current stay in Kashmir.
From the above article

The palace confirmed because VG net called to confirm the trip.

Last edited:
Is it not dangerous to write worldwide, that she is there with only 4 securitypeople? This region is not so safe, she is not so far from Afganistan, how can be she saved? Does anybody know how work a security system of a royal? Did they travel early to the region to see how safe there is, check the hotel, the people, the places... And if anything happen, how can they escape her? With a norwegian military helicopter? I saw a bracelet on Haakon (and maybe on William) and I read somewhere that it is a security bracelet with a chip or GPS or how is called it, so the security team can see always where he is. But I never seen such thing on MM. But something "emergency caller" must she have, I think. Because her bodyguards couldn't be with her always and everywhere... (Except if one of them is a woman bodyguard...)

It seems she is followed by the newspaper Kashmir Observer, so we know what she makes there.

Norwegian Princess Visits Leh Palace

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what's the reaction to this trip been in the Norwegian press?

Is there any speculation that it had anything to do with the trial of the Utoya murderer? (horrible, horrible stuff out of that trial, by the way)

I could be completely wrong, but it seems like MM was deeply affected by what happened and perhaps needed to get away.

Out of curiosity, what's the reaction to this trip been in the Norwegian press?

Is there any speculation that it had anything to do with the trial of the Utoya murderer? (horrible, horrible stuff out of that trial, by the way)

I could be completely wrong, but it seems like MM was deeply affected by what happened and perhaps needed to get away.

It was said that this trip was planned for years, and she was there in her youth already, so I don't think it is connection with the Utoya attack. But sure it is good for her a little bit switch off, relax and forget her problems (if she has some). I think there are many clever buddhist monk, who can answer her question, who can help her to see what the direction in her life is... I have sometimes the feeling, that she want to be only a normal woman again, without this attention and responsibility. I think this travel was very important for her, otherwise which mother leave her kids at home for two weeks???
I read a few oppinion in the newspapers and many people ask who pay this trip, and her security. Of course they are also angry, if this trip is paid from taxmoney, because this is not a cheap travel. But I don't know who pay this.

So she is in the Kidar Guest House in Leh and the region was informed about her arrive.

Photos of Kidar Guest House, Leh - Guesthouse Images - TripAdvisor

Derfor reiser Mette-Marit under privat navn - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google Fordító

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom