The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr
If they traveled abroad - it was a private holiday with no reposters and pictures..
It may have been private but I believe several pictures were released on the Royal website.....I'll try to find them

Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

They were traveling from the end November to about the end of January on a trip around the world to expose their children to different cultures. It was a family trip. I saw this on the royal forums. It was noted that they had returned to Norway after this trip and then nothing else about the trip.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I did not mean the trip to East last year, I had in mind the summer vacation
Please see the news and photos from the trip here:
The Crown Prince family's trip abroad
Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit von Norwegen: So schwer war ihr Start als Royal - BUNTE

Google Fordító
Old 08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Dear old bunte, what would we do without its insightful articles?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Mette-Marit has wished that the usual gun-salute will not be heard on her birthday today, out of respect for the recent tragedies in Oslo and Utøya, as stated by the spokeswoman for the Norwegian Royal Court Marianne Hagen to VG.
Ville fyre av 21 skudd for Mette-Marit - fire uker etter Utøya-skytingen - VG Nett om Terrorangrepet 22. juli
Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm not sure if this has been posted but this blog has some new pics of MM (heavily photoshoped though, which is a bit of a shame)
MYROYALS: NEW PHOTOS FROM PR
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Crown princess Mette-Marit has wished that the usual gun-salute will not be heard on her birthday today, out of respect for the recent tragedies in Oslo and Utøya, as stated by the spokeswoman for the Norwegian Royal Court Marianne Hagen to VG.
Ville fyre av 21 skudd for Mette-Marit - fire uker etter Utøya-skytingen - VG Nett om Terrorangrepet 22. juli
This is praiseworthy.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mette-Marit together with Sverre Magnus and Ingrid Alexandra (not pictured) has
attended the confirmation of a relative in Kristiansand on Sunday, August 28.

** Pic ** fvn.no: Kronprinsessen i konfirmasjon i Voie ** translation **
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Thank you Iceflower. Ooh I do love the traditional Norwegean costume. Mette-Marit is just such a sweetie.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the bunad and Sverre is really a cutie !
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness

A very lovely picture. I am a little bit surprised, that her bodyguard is so nearly to her (if they were in circle of relatives).
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Her bodyguard? I think the blonde man in the background is her brother(?) He is (was?), as far as I know, an aide at the royal court.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

No, he is her bodyguard, you can see him very often with MM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Dear old bunte, what would we do without its insightful articles?

Maybe you are right. I thought that Bunte isn't so bad, as other womannewspaper in Germany, but now I read this article, and I must to say, Bunte writes sometimes also nonsenses:
Mette-Marit von Norwegen: Dieser Arzt sagt: Sie hatte eine Oberlidkorrektur - BUNTE

Google Fordító

Between the two pictures is only 1 week. I think it is not enough for an upper eyelid surgery.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
A very lovely picture. I am a little bit surprised, that her bodyguard is so nearly to her (if they were in circle of relatives).

he is the bodyguard , he usually is near , when I did seen her in person he was by her side
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
No, he is her bodyguard, you can see him very often with MM.

Well, in that case she must have two, because there´s another one who seems a bit younger, has a little longer hair and is blonder (he´s always with the family, last time for the anniversary service at Oslo cathedral last week)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mette-Marit is at the moment in India-controlled Kashmir's cold region of Ladakh for over two weeks. It's a 16-day private visit during which she will go for trekking in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. She is scheduled to start trekking on September 19 and the trip is scheduled to end on September 30 after passing through many picturesque valleys and mountains in Leh district of Ladakh region. While two security personnel from Norway will be accompanying the crown princess, the state police has been requested to provide two English-speaking personal security officers to her, they said. “The state police has been requested to keep the visit very private while making unobtrusive security arrangements for the dignitary,” a senior official from the VIP security cell in New Delhi wrote to J-K DGP Kuldeep Khoda.

Ladakh is a Buddhist region of Kashmir which was hit by a devastating landslide last year, which left hundreds of people killed and thousands of others homeless.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/...t_3802871.html
Princess of Norway to visit Leh
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Mette-Marit is at the moment in India-controlled Kashmir's cold region of Ladakh for over two weeks. It's a 16-day private visit during which she will go for trekking in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. She is scheduled to start trekking on September 19 and the trip is scheduled to end on September 30 after passing through many picturesque valleys and mountains in Leh district of Ladakh region. While two security personnel from Norway will be accompanying the crown princess, the state police has been requested to provide two English-speaking personal security officers to her, they said. “The state police has been requested to keep the visit very private while making unobtrusive security arrangements for the dignitary,” a senior official from the VIP security cell in New Delhi wrote to J-K DGP Kuldeep Khoda.

Ladakh is a Buddhist region of Kashmir which was hit by a devastating landslide last year, which left hundreds of people killed and thousands of others homeless.

Norwegian princess to visit Indian-controlled Kashmir|chinadaily.com.cn
Princess of Norway to visit Leh

Good for her! She has a really interesting life!! She seems to be an Far-East fan... But it is a little strange. I looked a map... Why there? Europe has also much wonderful places, mountains...

Other artical, maybe it has an occassion, why she make this trip, not only for amusement:

KashmirWatch - Latest News & In-depth Coverage on Kashmir Conflict

More information and pictures about the region:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leh

http://www.hearty-india.com/2011/06/...of-ladakh.html

http://www.hearty-india.com/2011/06/...tle-above.html
Old 09-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

It seems, MM has a good friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Kongeekspert: - Mette-Marit og Gwyneth ferierte sammen - VG Nett

Google Fordító

http://www.vg.no/film/artikkel.php?artid=10090162

http://translate.google.hu/translate...tid%3D10090162