Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a really nice trip, and I love it that she met with asylum seekers and is going to give a lecture on HIV/AIDS later. But all I can focus on is the fact that her boots are to die for. :lol:

So nice to see her again after these two long months

Crown Princess Mette-Marit continued her participation at this year's ISFiT (Trondheim International Student Festival) in Trondheim today, February 18, 2011.

Mette-Marit gave a speech to 10th graders from Manchester who participated in "Project Connect".
Photo posted on the Crown Prince Couple's facebook-page.

She attended the event "Joy of life for the elderly" at Lian Restaurant in Trondheim, also February 18.
Article with picture from kongehuset.no: kongehuset.no - En dag - to generasjoner
http://www.trondheim.kommune.no/content/1117698620/Kronprinsessen-besokte-Livsglede-for-Eldre

a very nice video: Mette-Marit is baking :)
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_trondelag/1.7514036
There is also another video on the same page!

And a short video here.

Article from the homepage from ISFiT with pictures from February 17, 2011.
http://www.isfit.org/news/articles/134

http://www.underdusken.no/nyhet/2011/3/1512710/isfit%3A+%E2%80%93%C2%A0trenger+ungt+engasjement

Here you can find her speech (it's in English):
http://www.kongehuset.no/c28409/tale/vis.html?tid=89781

Last edited:
I read on the Kongehuset webside, that MM is now in Bamako, Mali.

Thats true.

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attends the UNAIDS conference ”Global Youth Summit” in Bamako, Mali (15 - 16 April).

I really like her job, commitment and support against HIV/AIDS.

A new church in Miami will be named after Crown Princess Mette-Marit.
Dette blir Kronprinsesse Mette-Marits kirke - Sørlandet - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

fvn.no > Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit gir navn til ny sjømannskirke i Miami
Google Translation

Mette-Marit rejected the price of the German women's magazine "Bunte". It's an award for her commitment to socially disadvantaged. But the condition was that she had to attend in person the gala party and receive the award personally. The embassy in Berlin called it an honor, but assumes editorial and commercial motives behind the price. The embassy prefers that she promotes Norway's political, cultural and economic interests when she is in Germany.
Mette-Marit avslo pris fra tysk kvinnemagasin - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

Crown Prince couple's visit to Hedemark and Møre og Romsdal : August 2011

According to the @Kronprinsparet twitter account The Crown Prince couple will visit Fylkestur

August 19-22, 2011
More og Romsdal - They will visit the beach, Herøy, Hare, Haram, Molde and Rauma.

August 22-23, 2011
Hedmark - They will visit local Folldal, Greater Elvdal and Åmot.

Hello everybody,
I like Mette-Marit very much and I am always fascinated about her and H`s affectionate love for each other. But, may I ask - do you think that there is something wrong with MM? It is obvious, that she is merely absent this year. And apart from her stop in Mali after their trip back form Ghana there was only one official engagement of her alone.
A friend of mine who has a great empathy and knowledge for human nature reckons since several years that there is something wrong with MM and that she suffers a depression.
That would explain Haakon's very caring behaviour during the last years and also why MM took courses at university to have more understandable reasons for staying home.
Since yesterday, when I saw that MM will even not attend Maxima's 40 th birthday party, I think my friend could be right and this year must be very hard for her.

Last edited:
Hello
too, i want to know why the princess is not in public. I hope that she isnt sick. Why she should be? I think that haakon and mette marit are happy but too, i think that should to have a reason for that she is at home. Maybe soon she will back to the job again. I hope so.

Does she make her study now, or not? I think she finishes it in this semester. Maybe she has lots of to learn...

She’s studying and that takes up the majority of her time these days, I’m assuming she along with most other studies are finishing the semester with papers and exams. It’s a busy time for many students, royal or not.

She will be present on part of the state visit from Luxembourg starting tomorrow, along with her husband. She will also attend the Nansen conference next week, and a few days later she will be in New York. I don’t see it on the official site anymore, but some days ago I read that the Crown Prince and his sister Princess Märtha would attend the celebrations of Crown Princess Mazima on the first day, and that Crown Princess Mette-Marit would be there the second day, but I don’t see any of that up now. The Crown Prince was there though, with his sister and brother in law.

I think we will see more of her as school finishes for the summer. These days she is also being followed by a tv-crew, making a program that will air this fall to mark her ten years as Crown Princess. Hopefully we will learn more of her studies when it airs.

Splendid in that outfit... nice to see the video... she never looked better !

I also wondered where is Prince Haakon? Is there a problem with their marriage? She left the Monacco wedding party by herself, she left Monacco by herself and now she attended this White Fairy Tale party by herself. I really hope nothing is wrong with them. I love and admire this couple.

Yes, in the past few months we couldn't see them together very often and at the wedding in Monaco, they were a little bit cold with each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom