Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - May 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima claims to remain Catholic. Nevertheless, she didn't marry in the Catholic Church and didn't baptize her daughters in the Catholic Church either. She also attends Protestant services with her husband and doesn't seem to attend Mass, at least not regularly. As far as I know, her daughters are being raised in the Protestant faith.

She IS a Roman-Catholic. Note that Ms Máxima Zorreguieta had no wish to marry a non-Christian. She only wished to marry a fellow Christian but one from another denomination. The RC Canon asserts that a marriage with a non-Catholic requires permission. Before granting a dispensation the bishop is obliged to see to it that Catholics seeking to marry non-Catholics "are prepared to remove any dangers of defecting from the faith".

The bishop of Rotterdam has had conversations with Máxima and the Prince. He will have investigated "her track record" and then seen that she has been to a catholic primary school led by German Nuns (Collegio Mallinckrodt, Buenos Aires) and her choice to go to the smaller and private Pontifical Catholic University Argentina instead of the many large, secular, public state universities. He will possibly have had a recommendation by the family priest, Padre Dr Rafael Braun s.j. (whom also had a role during the religious wedding, by the way).

All this must have led to the conviction by the Bishop of Rotterdam that Máxima "is prepared to remove any dangers of defecting from the faith". And indeed... she did not choose the easiest way: just convert to the Prince's faith, but remained faithful to the Church of Rome.

About the invisibility of Máxima's church visits: she attends more church services in one year than the average West-European catholic in his/her whole life.... Note that Princess Beatrix regularly attends Church in The Hague and Lage Vuursche but there are no pics from her visits. Queen Juliana regularly did attend Church in Baarn and Soest. But there are no pics from her visits. The same counts for Queen Wilhelmina, known as a very devout lady whom did attend services in Apeldoorn and The Hague, but also no pics....

:flowers:

Last edited:
According to editor of 'royalty' Marc van der Linden, Queen Máxima and two of her daughters have been pictured in a shop in New York.

https://twitter.com/MarcvdLinden/status/598224750876426242

Possibly due to the media code none of the Dutch newspapers, magazines or blogs have shown the photo AFAIK.

From may 4th to 15th the Bloemcampschool of the princesses is closed for the May holiday. The agenda of the king and queen is empty from May 5th to 18th.

Last edited:
Retail therapy in NY? How Cosmopolitan and Lux!

According to editor of 'royalty' Marc van der Linden, Queen Máxima and two of her daughters have been pictured in a shop in New York.

Possibly due to the media code none of the Dutch newspapers, magazines or blogs have shown the photo AFAIK.

From may 4th to 15th the Bloemcampschool of the princesses is closed for the May holiday. The agenda of the king and queen is empty from May 5th to 18th.

Where can I find the pics?

Where can we find the picture?

Don't know if there is a photo? The tweet only says that "the official visit is in june, but Queen Maxima and the little princesses are exploring new york by shopping", but as Marengo said if there is a photo it won't be published in the Netherlands :lol:

A few weeks ago I was in Argentina, and as it happen I had a friend saying that QM goes to Argentina more often that the magazines publish, she always is with her 2 bodyguards and she always make time to meet with her school friends, well down to earth.

I believe that Dolores Zorreguieta is living in New York. However I am not sure how close the contact between the half siblings is. We haven't seen any of the three sisters at Maxima's or WA's 40th birthday celebrations or at the baptisms of the princesses for example. Neither were they pictured at the wedding of Juan Zorreguieta in Vienna last year.

Last edited:
I believe one of her half siblings is a painter at one point Maxima bought paintings from her too for her home and I guess she helped to do and exhibition, or so..... to be a painter and be able to live out of that it is difficult so with Maxima position probably help her.
Also when she went first time to New York she was at her half sibling home. But it is true we never see them in any event so wonder what is the relation ? Never the less they still aunts of Maxima's daughters so may be they got to get together.

They might not be photographed but in general Maxima is hardly seen with any of her family members. I dont think if they are not seen they are not close or in contact. Maxima seems to be able not to be photographed, even with friends.

A few weeks ago I was in Argentina, and as it happen I had a friend saying that QM goes to Argentina more often that the magazines publish, she always is with her 2 bodyguards and she always make time to meet with her school friends, well down to earth.

yes, i imagine that if she is on business closeby (in neighbouring countries) then it is easy for her to make a stop in buenos aires to visit her family. her parents, particularly her father, are getting old now, so i guess she wants to have every opportunity to be with them and for her daughters to visit them, living so far apart.
i certainly imagine maxima not losing touch with her school friends, and she seems to have a tight knit network.

really cool picture also! (http://i.imgur.com/8GIeLdQ.jpg) i guess it's a bit intrusive for them to have people photographing them even when in another country, but i still love these candid pictures seeing royals living a normal life.

marbles the brain store which is the shop they visited seems to be located in FAO schwarz, the very popular toy store of NY. i can also see that amalia has a "build a bear" box, so it must have been a day out!

http://www.marblesthebrainstore.com/locationeventmapping.aspx

Last edited:
I believe one of her half siblings is a painter at one point Maxima bought paintings from her too for her home and I guess she helped to do and exhibition, or so..... to be a painter and be able to live out of that it is difficult so with Maxima position probably help her.
Also when she went first time to New York she was at her half sibling home. But it is true we never see them in any event so wonder what is the relation ? Never the less they still aunts of Maxima's daughters so may be they got to get together.

The late Prince Claus (father of King Willem-Alexander) had a lot of family as well during his lifetime as Prince of the Netherlands: his mother Gösta von Amsberg-Baroness von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen, his sisters Sigrid Jenquel-Von Amsberg, Rixa Ahrens-Von Amsberg, Margit Grubitz-Von Amsberg, Barbara Haarhaus-Von Amsberg, Theda Baroness von Friesen-Von Amsberg, Christina Baroness von der Recke-Von Amsberg and his aunt Gabriele Baroness von Randow-Von Amsberg.

The Dutch have seldom or never seen the members of the Von Amsberg family. Princess Beatrix and her sons however are reportedly relatively close to the Von Amsbergs. During weddings, baptisms and funerals this becomes visible. That there is hardly any media coverage of the in-laws is nothing new and fits in a pattern. Also in other monarchies the in-laws remain out of publicity (De Laborde de Monpezat, d'Udekem d'Acoz, De Lannoy, etc.).

:flowers:

Last edited:
really cool picture also! (http://i.imgur.com/8GIeLdQ.jpg) i guess it's a bit intrusive for them to have people photographing them even when in another country, but i still love these candid pictures seeing royals living a normal life.

Is this a recent picture, where was it taken?
Btw, Maxima is wearing Valentino, great outfit.

Last edited:
I would never ever yell. When people are standing in the way, I would say: "Pardon, can I pass, please?" followed by a "Thank you".

The King should not have passed anyway: the guitarist of The Clarks was on De Horsten, I understood, which is the King's private property. It is an example of what foreigners always see as Dutch rudeness.

Marc van der Linden heard from 'court circles' that the king and queen are invited to pay a state visit to China later this year. He suggests that such a state visit can be combined with one to Malaysia, a country with which the Netherlands has cooperated a lot last year due to the MH17 mass murder.

Op naar China - Royalty Online

Marc van der Linden heard from 'court circles' that the king and queen are invited to pay a state visit to China later this year. He suggests that such a state visit can be combined with one to Malaysia, a country with which the Netherlands has cooperated a lot last year due to the MH17 mass murder.

Op naar China - Royalty Online

They'll be in China in October for the State Visit...but then other then that Marc van der linden doesn't decide what should be next in the agenda...even though he comments on all things royal for a 100 years already,he's still not in that position....yet...:whistling:

Does the sailboat still belong to Princess Beatrix or has she turned it over to her son and his family?

No no,it is still private property of HRH Princess Beatrix!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom