Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News 1 (January 2010 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the look of Amalia I can tell she's not such a fan of Geer....But on 2nd glance she grants him a smile....:whistling::ROFLMAO:

any news about a possible festivities for WA and Maxima's 10th wedding anniversary? maybe they will release some family pictures.
Mathilde and Phillip did a photoalbum, Mette-Marit and Haakon did some festivities with other royals for concert/dinner.
i wonder if Maxima and WA will do any kind of celebration. 10th wedding anniversary is a wonderfull celebration.

any news about a possible festivities for WA and Maxima's 10th wedding anniversary? maybe they will release some family pictures.
Mathilde and Phillip did a photoalbum, Mette-Marit and Haakon did some festivities with other royals for concert/dinner.
i wonder if Maxima and WA will do any kind of celebration. 10th wedding anniversary is a wonderfull celebration.

None specific,no,other then that a interview by dutch TV & Film woman Linda de Mol with the couple will be aired that evening.Mostly on the Orange Fund,their wedding gift at the time as Marengo already stated somewhere else on the Dutch thread.

Maybe a new pic with the children....Otherwise we'll have that in 2 to 3 weeks in Lech,Austria during the annual wintersport holidays there.:)

a picture would be so great!!! its been a while since we've got a family photoshoot, maybe since Amalia's 5th birthday? i think so.

HRH Princess Máxima will hand-out the annual Apples of Orange on tuesday morning may 15th,Noordeinde Palace.

The Award consists of a sum and an object,apple,always handmade by HM herself.

TRH received representatives of the Royal Dutch Constabulary Force Security branche on occasion of the recent bithdays of both on april 27th and may 17th.

"Eikenhorst",wednesday may 30th.

has it been announced when WA, Maxima and the girls will have their annual photosession? i guess this year will be in wassenar. maybe in the middle of July?

HRH THe Prince of Orange,Member of the International Olympioc Committee,will attend the IOC Meeeting in London from july 24th till thursday july 26th.Afterwards he will remain in London to attend the London 2012 Olympic Games that will be opened on friday july 27th,accompanied by HRH Princess Máxima.

TRH Princesses Amalia,Alexia and Ariane will attend the Games from time to time as well.:)

has it been announced when WA, Maxima and the girls will have their annual photosession? i guess this year will be in wassenar. maybe in the middle of July?

The photo shoot is today,saturday kathia_sophia!:)

Did Ariane cut her own hair??? My niece has done that several times... LOL

Did Ariane cut her own hair??? My niece has done that several times... LOL

Who either hasn't done that to themselves or has a little one in the Family who decided to give themselves a hair don't? :D ;) :D

And sadly, yes, I'm speaking from personal experience here. Thankfully, those photos got destroyed thanks to a fire that happened in our Garage 11 years ago and was one of the very few things we lost that I wasn't crying over.

I'm not too sure who was having more fun yesterday. The girls or their Mom. All of the videos, but especially the one where it showed Maxima singing and doing the actions along w/the songs was beyond priceless!! Also brought a badly needed smile to my face, so thank you to those who shared all of those w/us.

I still need to share those w/my own Parents. Not to sure Mom will be able to enjoy them due to her Macular Degeneration affecting her eyesight, but Dad will get a kick out of the videos regardless. :D

Oh, and because I know I'll be asked, who are the "elves" w/Sinterklaaus? I really don't know the Dutch traditions as well as I used to, as when back in the day my friends' Mom, who is a Dutch immigrant to Canada, used to come to our school every year to explain them to us. That, however was almost 30 odd years ago, so...If some of our kind Dutch posters could please refresh my memory, thank you!!! :flowers:

Last edited:
Tiggersk8 said:
Oh, and because I know I'll be asked, who are the "elves" w/Sinterklaaus? I really don't know the Dutch traditions as well as I used to, as when back in the day my friends' Mom, who is a Dutch immigrant to Canada, used to come to our school every year to explain them to us. That, however was almost 30 odd years ago, so...If some of our kind Dutch posters could please refresh my memory, thank you!!! :flowers:

Yes, another hair-cutter here. I actually did so twice.

The helpers are called 'black Petes'.

General question on WA. On another site they were discussing his merits as a future king and one poster commented that he was very tall and towered over most people he met which surprised me. I know the Dutch as supposed to be the tallest Europeans but just how tall is WA?

General question on WA. On another site they were discussing his merits as a future king and one poster commented that he was very tall and towered over most people he met which surprised me. I know the Dutch as supposed to be the tallest Europeans but just how tall is WA?

He is quite tall, don't know how tall.
There is a thread somewhere here on the Forums discussing the length of Royals, it surely would have been mentioned there. I'm posting tjis with my mobile, so I can't look it up for you.

He is quite tall, don't know how tall.
There is a thread somewhere here on the Forums discussing the length of Royals, it surely would have been mentioned there. I'm posting tjis with my mobile, so I can't look it up for you.
Prince Felipe is apparently 197cm according to wikipedia and although there is no height noted for the Prince of Orange, in a picture with the Prince of Asturias Willem Alexander looks about 10 cm shorter.:cool:

I am not sur if this is true , may be somebody in the forum could verified.
I was told that the news in Argentina mention that Maxima invited her 4 best friends to Holland to spend some time with her before she becasme a Queen. is this true?

I am not sur if this is true , may be somebody in the forum could verified.
I was told that the news in Argentina mention that Maxima invited her 4 best friends to Holland to spend some time with her before she becasme a Queen. is this true?

News in Argentina makes up mentira's tambien to fill the pages or the newsreels...,and if the Princess had then that is an entirely private matter and of no consequence.:)

I think it is so sad that her father cant be there. I know what he supposedley was involved in is horrible to say the least, but my goodness, he is an old man whos daughter is becoming a Queen and he has grandchildren who Im sure he would want to spend time with. I know there is no forgetting the past but in my opinion there should be some kind of compromise made during this incredible moment in the life of his daughter. Just my opinion.

I think it is so sad that her father cant be there. I know what he supposedley was involved in is horrible to say the least, but my goodness, he is an old man whos daughter is becoming a Queen and he has grandchildren who Im sure he would want to spend time with. I know there is no forgetting the past but in my opinion there should be some kind of compromise made during this incredible moment in the life of his daughter. Just my opinion.

Since we don't know what's happening behind closed doors, we don't know how Maxima feels about her father and his role in Argentina. This may not be the proper thread, but it's possible that Maxima feels let down and ashamed by what her father did. Also, she might be grateful that the sons of her father aren't ascribed to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom