The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is pregnant i wish her all the best and if she isnt i wish she does get soon.

I think i would of cancelled the press confrenece too if i was in their place, it must be annoying of everything that has been said and very upsetting.If she was pregnant i think they were going to announce it together.But i also think that the press confrence was given much way to early.

Is Maxima pregnant again, or not?

What do you think?
I heard that some newspapers have written about her second pregnancy already. But how could they get this information?

It is not announced pcy the Dutch Royal House

King's Mistress said:
What do you think?
I heard that some newspapers have written about her second pregnancy already. But how could they get this information?

So we can not say itis true. Maybe some employees of the hospital told the Journalists, or some " friends" may have spoken toomuch... Who knows?
Any way I would wait for the official anouncement.

article from expatica:

Maxima reacts angrily to
second pregnancy claims

20 December 2004

AMSTERDAM — Princess Maxima and her husband, Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, have reacted angrily to a newspaper claim that she is pregnant with their second child. The couple has cancelled media interviews planned for later this week.

Newspaper De Telegraaf reported on Sunday that Maxima was pregnant again and due to give birth next summer. The Government information Service (RVD) has refused to confirm the report.

The child will be third in line to the Dutch throne, after Prince Willem-Alexander. His and Maxima's first child, Princess Amalia, was born in The Hague on 7 December 2003.

Besides the pregnancy of Princess Maxima, the royal family is also awaiting the first child of Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel, due next spring. The two births next year will bring the number of Queen Beatrix's grandchildren to five.

Sources told newspaper De Volkskrant that the births will be a welcome relief to the royal family, which has had to cope with three deaths in the past two years. Beatrix's husband Prince Claus died in October 2002, while her parents Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard died in March and December this year respectively.

Meanwhile, the Telegraaf claimed royal sources have confirmed Maxima's pregnancy, but the reports have not been officially verified. The Argentinean-born Maxima is reportedly still in her early stages of pregnancy.

It is being speculated that the pregnancy has not yet reached the critical stage of three months. This would explain why the RVD has refused to confirm the report.

Besides telling family and close friends, expecting parents often announce they are pregnant when they are at least three months into the pregnancy. They are then passed the most dangerous period in terms of miscarriage.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima have reacted angrily to Sunday's report, cancelling a meeting with journalists set for Tuesday. The royal couple is angry at De Telegraaf and is not prepared to answer questions about the alleged pregnancy.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima were scheduled to meet with members of the royal family reporters association. The couple announced they were pregnant with their first child during a similar meeting last year.

Media reports about Maxima's pregnancy are highly sensitive; due to the fact her first pregnancy was difficult, forcing her to spend weeks on end in bed. The royal family is also in mourning for the death of Prince Bernhard, newspaper Algemeen Dagblad noted on Monday.

I'm going to assume that she is pregnant since they did not deny the pregnancy and only cancelled press confrences. I think that that's a sure sign that they did not want to lie to the people by denying otherwise they would be forever deemed untrustworthy.

can someone clarify whether it was an official press conference after all?? i am confused. the above statements hint that it was indeed an official press conference rather than the more unofficial casual meeting with press-representatives to give updates etc.

thanks in advance

karolinabraganza said:
can someone clarify whether it was an official press conference after all?? i am confused. the above statements hint that it was indeed an official press conference rather than the more unofficial casual meeting with press-representatives to give updates etc.

thanks in advance
To make it clear, here is a message from hja of the Benelux Royals MB. Hja is journalist and was invited for that meeting.

-------------------------------------
Message from hja (date: 19/12/2004, 11:58:40)

There is NO press conference on Tuesday in spite of what Marc van der Linden (TW: gossip journalist) and his cronies say. There is no official announcement; at least as of this afternoon nothing was planned.

Once in a while the princely couple meets with the press - that is not the same as a press conference, where notes can be taken and questions asked with the purpose of publishing - for an informal, off the record get together, to "babbelen" about work etc. The gossip press is not invited, and tries to sabotage these meetings; by publishing them and saying that they are press conferences (where they would be welcome..)

And if you say early enough sehe is pregnant you might be right one day...

The couple is not happy about the publicity; it is not everyday Maxima finds out in the newspaper that she is supposed to be pregnant. Just remember Marc van der Linden had her pregnant for over 2 years last time.... It doesn't mean though it could not be true ;-)
The family mourning period would not prevent an announcement the RVD said this morning.

How upsetting to her in this period as well. This is not good. I hope she will get better. And the same thing for WA as well. But I like the ideas of these little informal meetings especially since a good number of Maxima´s duties are not announced ahead of time if I remember correctly. So an informal meeting is good for "connection" reasons. Have to keep the press informed, at least a little bit, or else they´ll turn on you. :)

Last edited:
queenanne said:
It just seems to me like this couple whines about the press a lot, even for famous people. Now, I understand that yes, it must be very annoying to be constantly in the spotlight, but W-A and Maxima always seem to take it too far. It isn't like Maxima's the only one in the world who has the media gossip about her. This week she's the pregnant one, next week it'll probably be Mary, then Letizia and so on...Why don't they just do like those couples and ignore it? Didn't they sue a newspaper or something like that a few months ago? I, for one, have lost a lot of respect for this couple because of their attitudes.
They do seem to overreact to the press a bit. I mean, Infanta Cristina hadn't hit three months yet, but she confirmed her pregnancy when the rumour mill got to the "acknowledge or deny" stage. I don't know, sometimes I really really like Maxima, but sometimes she just seems like a spoiled rich daddy's girl. This seems like a bit of a temper tantrum. But tomorrow perhaps she'll do something quite charming and I'll think her delightful all over again.

lucys said:
I don't know, sometimes I really really like Maxima, but sometimes she just seems like a spoiled rich daddy's girl. This seems like a bit of a temper tantrum. But tomorrow perhaps she'll do something quite charming and I'll think her delightful all over again.
Very true, i find her spoiled sometimes, but then shell be doing something and ill like her

lucys said:
They do seem to overreact to the press a bit. I mean, Infanta Cristina hadn't hit three months yet, but she confirmed her pregnancy when the rumour mill got to the "acknowledge or deny" stage. I don't know, sometimes I really really like Maxima, but sometimes she just seems like a spoiled rich daddy's girl. This seems like a bit of a temper tantrum. But tomorrow perhaps she'll do something quite charming and I'll think her delightful all over again.
I don't think you guys are being fair at all. First of all it's not only Maxima that was upset at this WA was too & I'm sure the Queen was as well. And they have every right to be upset espcially if the press knew of something & was told to please keep quiet for another 2 weeks & they turned around & talked anyway after agreeing to keep quiet. That is what I think happend.

First off as The Watcher stated it was not an official press conf, it was one of those get togethers with the press they have every now & again. THAT is why I think they cancelled it, they probably did not want to go to meet the press & have to answer the question or talk about it in any way. I think they intended on making an announcement (2 weeks later) but not at that time.

#1 because of the mourning period & #2 because of the protocol waiting period of the 13 weeks. I think they figured another 2 weeks would be okay becuase of mouring (not too late not too soon) & also because of the 13 week wait required by the court. As for the mourining period I think it's okay to announce it now because Maxima will be showing soon so they really couldn't wait any longer. I don't think they're being disrespectful at all.

Besides every parent should have the right & joy in announcing their pregnancy. I think it's terrible to take that right away from them!

Angel S. said:
I don't think you guys are being fair at all. First of all it's not only Maxima that was upset at this WA was too & I'm sure the Queen was as well. And they have every right to be upset espcially if the press knew of something & was told to please keep quiet for another 2 weeks & they turned around & talked anyway after agreeing to keep quiet. That is what I think happend.
I think you overestimate the press a bit! I am a member of the press and trust me, if someone told me that the Crown Prince and Princess were pregnant with their second child in the midst of the sad loss of Prince Bernhard, and after a year of also losing Queen Juliana, I'd run all the way to my computer to type up that story real quick! It may be slimy, but it's also how the industry works.

And if a publisher ever found out that you were sitting on such stunning news, you'd be let go real quick. The news business, especially the tabloid news, is all about "breaking" news and getting the scoop to the masses before other media sources do.

There's no evidence that Willem and Maxima or someone representing them revealed such news in confidence to the press and asked them to keep mum on it until an appropriate time ... Or am I missing something?

Angel S. said:
#1 because of the mourning period & #2 because of the protocol waiting period of the 13 weeks. I think they figured another 2 weeks would be okay becuase of mouring (not too late not too soon) & also because of the 13 week wait required by the court. As for the mourining period I think it's okay to announce it now because Maxima will be showing soon so they really couldn't wait any longer. I don't think they're being disrespectful at all.
If they were still in their mourning period then why set up an informal meeting with the press at all? Why not do it after Christmas, after the mourning period was over?

As for the 13 week mark, as I posted in the thread announcing Maxima's pregnancy, to be due in July Maxima would have had to conceive sometime in October. If she conceived October 1, the 13 week mark would be January 1; which we are almost at. But if she is due in mid-July we have not quite reached the 13 week mark yet -- so why set up an informal meeting with the press even now? Why not wait until after January 1 when Maxima would've cleared that mark?

Angel S. said:
Besides every parent should have the right & joy in announcing their pregnancy. I think it's terrible to take that right away from them!
Nobody is denying the opportunity to announce the wonderful news themselves; but they sort of spoiled it themselves. Even now I can see that while much of the discussion of this second pregnancy is expressing joy and happiness for Willem, Maxima and the Queen, there is also much discussion about the failed announcement from two weeks ago and comments of Maxima and Willem having "hissy fits" and "temper tantrums" and calling the previously scheduled meeting. They hampered a bit of the pure joy of the announcement themselves, as much as the press took the joy of letting them announce it in their own words away from them.

Alexandria, I could not have said it better myself. Well Said!

Anyway, I wish her a healthy pregnancy!

Tomorrow:

[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana]Prinses Máxima bezoekt huiswerkbegeleidingsproject Witte Tulp[/font]
spacer.gif
[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana][/font]

[font=Arial, MyriadRegular, Verdana]Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden bezoekt dinsdag 18 januari het huiswerkbegeleidingsproject Witte Tulp in Haarlem. Het project ontving in mei 2004 uit handen van de Prinses een Appeltje van Oranje, de prijs van het Oranje Fonds voor initiatieven op het terrein van maatschappelijk welzijn en sociale cohesie. Aan de prijs is een geldbedrag van 15.000 euro verbonden. De Prinses is beschermvrouwe van het Oranje Fonds.

Allochtone jongeren die erin slagen binnen het Nederlandse onderwijs hun weg te vinden, zijn een voorbeeld voor anderen. Dit was voor een aantal Turks/Nederlandse studenten aanleiding om huiswerkbegeleiding te organiseren in hun woonhuis. Niet alleen huiswerk bleek belangrijk, maar ook het bespreken van problemen die jongeren ondervinden en waar ze thuis niet mee terechtkunnen. De toeloop werd zo groot dat er uitgeweken is naar een grotere ruimte in de wijk. Tot nu toe hebben ongeveer 100 leerlingen van groep 7 en 8 van de basisschool en de brugklas gebruikgemaakt van het project. Zij worden begeleid door 18 vrijwilligers. De leerlingen die begeleid worden stromen door naar hogere typen onderwijs dan voorheen en zijn daar ook succesvoller. Naast huiswerkbegeleiding worden onder meer ouderavonden georganiseerd om ouders op de hoogte te houden van de voortgang van hun kind en hen te informeren over de schoolsystemen. Ook vinden discussieavonden plaats voor middelbare scholieren over actuele maatschappelijke onderwerpen. Iedere zondag wordt een sporthal afgehuurd om in leeftijdsgroepen een sport naar keuze te beoefenen. Het Oranje Fonds is binnen het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden het grootste fonds op sociaal gebied. Het Fonds streeft naar een samenleving waar het goed samenleven is en waar mensen tot hun recht komen. Het Oranje Fonds keert ieder jaar ongeveer 14 miljoen euro uit aan vele projecten en organisaties. Het Appeltje van Oranje is een jaarlijkse prijs voor heel bijzondere, innovatieve of succesvolle projecten op sociaal gebied. Dit jaar was het thema 'Jongeren in de buurt'. De drie winnende projecten dienen als voorbeeld voor andere organisaties.

[/font]

So we can see a pregnant Princess Again! :D

from BRMB:

Willem Alexander and Máxima are going to Poland in April. The programme has not been announced yet, but on April 26 they will re-open the Dutch pavillion in Auschwitz.

xxLindaxx said:
from BRMB:

Willem Alexander and Máxima are going to Poland in April. The programme has not been announced yet, but on April 26 they will re-open the Dutch pavillion in Auschwitz.

Will it be okay for Maxima to travel at that time? She will be about 6 months pregnant (if she is really due in July) but if she is due a month or so earlier she'll be 7 months pregnant. I think it is safe to travel until your last month, but considering the problems from the first pregnancy (in which Maxima was ordered bed rest for several weeks until her delivery) isn't such a program a bit "ambitious."

if she has problems then she can always cancel & the prince of orange will go on his own. But I think this makes clear that she will make an efford to be there, which is good.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Thanks alot,Maxima is very beautiful.
I think Maxima is attractive but not beautiful...just my opinion...

I think it may actually just be the way she is standing...she's hunched over, making everything look slightly more dumpy. I have to say Maxima is a very attractive pregnant woman, she glows in every sense. Not every woman can pull that off!

it's amazing how maxima can wear that dress and even look wonderful! i think she is one of those women who know how to combine complements, i mean... the dress itself is not particularly nice, imo, but she looks wonderful on it because she knows how to carry it without loosing elegance.

SpiffyBallerina said:
hmmm...perhaps it is the shawl, but this outfit looks a bit dumpy...:(

-Kathleen
for me it is the colour of her boots, they do not look dumpy they look :eek:

Maxima really needs to work on her hair. Even though the wind seems to have done a bit to it, it couldn't have caused this much "damage" if it had been styled properly in the first place.

This seems to have been the case at the arrival of the New Year's reception, too.

Maybe Maxima needs to go with a shorter, more styled look.

Attachments

• max4.jpg
    max4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 258
from GREMB- photos from the banquet for the president of Latvia's visit

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 423
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 384
Lyonnaise said:
from GREMB- photos from the banquet for the president of Latvia's visit
I never saw this tiara ...is it new ??!!

Amira said:
I never saw this tiara ...is it new ??!!
i look pictures of Maxima at banquet with Queen Beatrix and her husband with president of Lativia but i think its new! yes! but its really confuse for me to look pictures of new tiara.

like Sophie,Countess of Wessex who have new tiara wore at Prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson's wedding dinner festival and Crown Princess Merit-Marit have also new tiara at Crown Prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson's wedding dinner festival.

Sara Boyce

would have to say that I was choosing or commissioning a new tiara, I would not have gone with this design. the sharp angles on it are rather unattractive and it doesn't look particularly classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom