The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal family members were wearing white at the funeral, because it was a wish from Prince Bernhard.I believe that it was said during the ceremony it was in order to celebrate the "birth" of the late Prince to the eternal life...

(If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct.)

Anyway, last March for Princess Juliana's funeral, I think HM Queen was dressed in black.

Well, it must be some kind of tradition or so, mostly since all the ladies(or most of them) were wearing white jackets over black clothes!
We think Maxima looked very nice, the jacket looks great :) And maybe a bit like a detective, but the hat is nice if she wanted to hide some of the sorrow in her face(that has been done at funerals before you know)!

It's my hazy recollection that "white" funerals are something of a tradition with the Dutch royals, and I think within the bounds of good taste and the fact that she's Princess of Oranje, that Maxima looked very appropriately dressed. Nothing flashy or attention-getting, but subdued and fitting for the occasion.

ladybelline said:
The Royal family members were wearing white at the funeral, because it was a wish from Prince Bernhard.I believe that it was said during the ceremony it was in order to celebrate the "birth" of the late Prince to the eternal life...

(If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct.)

Anyway, last March for Princess Juliana's funeral, I think HM Queen was dressed in black.

For her mother's funeral the Queen and her sisters and Queen Juliana's granddaughters wore white with accents of black, while the granddaughter-in-laws wore black with accents of white.

Queen Juliana requested a white funeral to represent hope and eternity.

Prince Bernhard had orginally requested purple be one of the colours used at his funeral, but later changed his mind for a white funeral to honour his late wife. Queen Beatrix wore a purple dress underneath her white jacket to honour this request.

Guess Who said:
I think she could of looked better if she wore a white skirt or nice white pants.I just dont like the look of the jacket and stockings.
you really could not wear pants to this particular funeral as a woman and let alone a princess, it is still, and probably always will be, a traditional environment.

Guess Who said:
I think she could of looked better if she wore a white skirt or nice white pants.I just dont like the look of the jacket and stockings.
I disagree. Princess Maxima's choice of clothing for the funeral was wholly appropriate. I would expect most ladies to wear black to a funeral and it made Maxima look extremely elegant and solemn.

Although what she wore at the funeral was pretty, it was very inapproproate for the occasion. Maybe it would have been all right with a different hat?

Laurentien was very elegant IMO.

carlota said:
for argentinians, maxima is also their princess... the 'princess' of argentina.
For the ones who supported Videla?

Hannelore said:
Although what she wore at the funeral was pretty, it was very inapproproate for the occasion. Maybe it would have been all right with a different hat?

your opinion is totally clueless

It was appropriate for Maxima to wear this outfit, since Bernhard wished his familymembers to come in white or clothes with white accents. Everyone honoured that wish (Laurentien has small white motives weaven in her outfit, etc. etc.).

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion here, and part of what makes discussions interesting is that everyone does hold different opinons about various subject matter.

Let's refrain from saying anyone else's opinon is "clueless" or otherwise just because we do not agree with it.

Pics from Fotomarktplatz and Anp...

Princess Maxima attended a pressconference of the Commision PaVEM in The Hague. PaVEM is a commission of participation of women from ethnic minority groups.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 8,816
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 600
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9,595
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 674
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 679
Hannelore said:

I thought that Maxima looked nice. It was one of her better recent fashion choices, IMO. I liked Laurentien's suit as well. However, as you believe that Maxima's hat was inapproriate, I believe that Laurentien's shoes were really too sexy for a funeral. I loved them, but I don't think that I would wear them to a funeral.

Alexandria said:
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion here, and part of what makes discussions interesting is that everyone does hold different opinons about various subject matter.

Let's refrain from saying anyone else's opinon is "clueless" or otherwise just because we do not agree with it.
stand by my email and by the way it was put.

Did not mind when Hannelore attacked me personally by calling me childish (in stead of for instance calling my behaviour childish. It said more about her than about me.
But there was no moderator comments on that.
At least I have the good sense to call someones opinion clueless.

pdas 1201
thanks for the pictures, i think she looked good but in some pictures with when she is wearing the coat, she looks big and i dont think it didnt suit her.

Hannelore said:
For the ones who supported Videla?
that's a cruel thing you said. many people in argentina love maxima... not only the ones who supported videla.

Colourpress-- The Hague - Crown Princess Maxima attended this afternoon a pressconference of the Commision PaVEM in The Hague. PaVEM is a commission of participation of women from etnic minoritygroups, they presented to the Ministers mrs. Verdonk and Mr. De Geus an actionplan, together with Mr. Rosenmuller.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 204
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 197
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 212
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 216
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 204
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 204
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 220
Guess Who said:
pdas 1201
thanks for the pictures, i think she looked good but in some pictures with when she is wearing the coat, she looks big and i dont think it didnt suit her.
when it is cold she has to wear a coat, seems logical to me.

As you can see in the pictures above she is a radiant, healthy woman, not obese, just not skinny. It is more important to be healthy and fit than to diet so much that you become too skinny for your body type and harm yourself.

carlota said:
that's a cruel thing you said. many people in argentina love maxima... not only the ones who supported videla.
you can never blaim a child for whatever their parents did. Read an interesting article in the daily telegraph about how the french are sorry about how they treated the children of french women with german soldiers, conceived during the ww II. The children often had to move to different villages and were bullied and humiliated by their teachers for no fault of their own.

the only thing maxima did wrong (in my opinion) is when she said that she believes her father when he says he knew nothing about the wrong doings (to put it mildly) of the videla regime. I have young collegues of the age of maxima who are conservative to dutch standerds (they vote VVD) and heard them joking "yes, zorregieta (maxima's father) thought that when the army threw young people out of helicopters in the middle of the ocean, they were going on swimming excercise.
Maxima could have found a way, with all those wonderfull advisers she has around her, to say something better, more decent.

Looking at the recent pictures of Maxima, I really wish she would do something with her hair. I like it when she wears it up or puts a bit of a curl in it. But in today's picture it just looks so stringy and unkept.

Ennyllorac said:
Looking at the recent pictures of Maxima, I really wish she would do something with her hair. I like it when she wears it up or puts a bit of a curl in it. But in today's picture it just looks so stringy and unkept.
I wish the same too.I think if she has dark blonde hair it would really suit her.

BIG NEWS:

Next Tuesday pressconference Willem-Alexander and Maxima. They have to bring important news, allthough the family is still mourning.

Royaltywatcher says it means only one thing: they will announce the expected birth of a second child!!!

Yes for me this is the only reason why they should held a pressconference.

Would be very happy for them!:)

liv said:
Yes for me this is the only reason why they should held a pressconference.

Would be very happy for them!:)
Nothing is sure till the press conference!

susanstotz said:
when it is cold she has to wear a coat, seems logical to me.

As you can see in the pictures above she is a radiant, healthy woman, not obese, just not skinny. It is more important to be healthy and fit than to diet so much that you become too skinny for your body type and harm yourself.
AMEN and sing it sister. Her makeup in the above photos is also just lovely (sometimes I think she gets a bit nuts with the mascara clumps) and the outfit is somber and fits both the occasion and the fact that the family is in mourning.

I do agree with posts about her hair, though. It's lovely and seems thick, but it would look much better if she evened it up a bit, the ragged ends might make her feel like it's growing out faster or that it's longer...but it does look unkempt and unprofessional. As a business woman (and basically that's what a CP is nowadays) she should straighten it up a bit...

But I do adore her...she's the most "normal" built of the CPs, I think. One of us...And here's hoping the press conference is good news. A baby would rock.

Last edited:
KSDiva said:
AMEN and sing it sister. Her makeup in the above photos is also just lovely (sometimes I think she gets a bit nuts with the mascara clumps) and the outfit is somber and fits both the occasion and the fact that the family is in mourning.

I do agree with posts about her hair, though. It's lovely and seems thick, but it would look much better if she evened it up a bit, the ragged ends might make her feel like it's growing out faster or that it's longer...but it does look unkempt and unprofessional. As a business woman (and basically that's what a CP is nowadays) she should straighten it up a bit...

But I do adore her...she's the most "normal" built of the CPs, I think. One of us...And here's hoping the press conference is good news. A baby would rock.
(I even like the stringy and unkept hair on those pictures, it balances the black clothes with pearls. On formal occasions her hair is done beautifully, so when the occasion warrants it, she is able to deliver)

royal_sophietje said:
BIG NEWS:

Next Tuesday pressconference Willem-Alexander and Maxima. They have to bring important news, allthough the family is still mourning.

Royaltywatcher says it means only one thing: they will announce the expected birth of a second child!!!
Great! :D :eek:

does anybody else think that in the conference they will give shortly they will announce the second pregnancy of maxima?
i really really think so...

Uhmmm... I posted a message some minutes ago, but I can't see the message.

Strange :confused:

Edit: Ah, now I can see the message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom