The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Nobility

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hjfoto/AA%20Pv...%2029-10-2004/

Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Nobility

Máxima looks beautiful here!!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:45 AM
Nobility

Old 10-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Nobility

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx

For more type... maxima... :)
Old 10-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Someone posted that she looked like a Barbie doll, and she did!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Courtier

The dress is very nice, elegant. Only her hair again. She really needs a new hairdresser :o
Old 10-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Courtier

The color was nice on her complexion but I didn't like the design of the top. She would have looked elegant for me when her hair was kept so that the full design of her outfit would be clear to the viewer's eyes.

But nevetheless, she looked good for me.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Nobility

I think the top overwhelmed her - big, baggy and not fitting well, and alot of pattern for something that size. The oversized top with the ruched skirt didn't work well, because it made too much to look at.

I like the new hairstyle. Maybe it would have looked better up, when she already had so much going on the top part of her?

Overall, I think Laurentien looked much better: beautiful color, nice emboidery, and she figured out the fancy/simple ratio (simple bottom, fancy top). I liked her outfit better than Maxima's.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Nobility

pics from colourpress:

Old 10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
Maxima nominated for 'dumb fur' award

The organisation said people such as Maxima and other celebrities should be role models and not support the commercial fur industry.
Well it's obviousl these people don't think through what they say. CP Maxima IS a princess & her job is to represent the country & all of it's industries. She can't go around talking bad about the fur industry no matter what her real opinions on it are. Besides how do they know that she is wearing real fur & not faux??? The fake stuff these days are very real looking & some top end designers make them.

I've discussed this with a biologist friend of mine & we agree that things are not so simple as "don't buy fur, don't kill cute fuzzy animals". People fail to realize that in some parts of England foxes are a pest, killing farm animals (chickens etc.) & endangering the livelihoods of farmers (poor people). If people bother to do research before they go on the attack they might be amazed to find out that certain animal populations need to be kept under control in order to keep a safe balance. I'm not saying I like the idea of killing but I can understand that in certain cases it neds to be done.

On the flip side I think it's nasty to display heads of animas on one's wall or to wear their dead bodies. Unless you're like an eskimo or something there's no need to wear a dead animal. If you like the look, why not wear the fake stuff?

Oh & a reminder, once upon a time the rat population got out of control & caused a nasty little plague that killied thousands if not millions of people. Now I know rats aren't cute fuzzy animals but how is killing them any different than say a fox ? That kind of makes me mad, if you're against killing animals that should mean all of them not just the cute ones.

Reminds me of the lines in "Pulp Fiction"..............

Jules: "Pigs sleep & root in sh*t, that's a filthy animal."

Vincent: "How about a dog, a dog eat's it's own feces."

Jules: " I don't eat dog either."

Vincent: "Yeah but do you consider dog to be a filthy animal?"

Jules: "I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but it's definately dirty. But dogs got personality, personality goes a long way."

Vincent: "So by that rational if a pig had better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?"
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Prive is a gossipmag, I don't think it is true. They are already two weeks back in The Netherlands and now there was suddenly a crisis because they walked not together, when W-A was playing golf. Such a nonsense.

Because this pictures:
The man is playing golf, what do the press think Maxima is going to stand right next to him with the baby while he's swinging around a golf club??? I'd stand back too.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
I found this article through a yahoo link:

Royals fight gossip over 'marriage troubles'

20 September 2004

AMSTERDAM — Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are investigating whether legal action can be taken against gossip magazines in the Netherlands and Germany after they published articles suggesting the royal couple was having marital problems.

The gossip magazines honed in on the royal couple after the Olympic Games in Athens, where a photo was taken of Prince Willem-Alexander and star Dutch swimmer Inge de Bruijn arm-in-arm in the Holland Heineken House.

The prince attended a function at the venue on invitation and several gossip magazines later ran stories suggesting there was more to the hug than met the eye. They also suggested that there was a strained atmosphere in the Wassenaar mansion of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.

A spokesman for the government information service RVD dismissed the suggestion as nonsense, news agency ANP reported on Saturday.

[Copyright Expatica News 2004]
Here is the photo.....

Old 10-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Nobility

I like Maxima, i think she is different from the other crown princess. I see her as always trying something new, like in cloths, example is the skirt, i would never expect or see another crown princess in it.It isnt nice but she did it. The only think in maxima she is trying to do something different, but she does not do it right.I think her hair color should change, go a bit darker.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Nobility

New pictures from Maxima's visits to Continental Sports and the Raad van State at Peter Smulders site :
http://fotosmulders.com/
Old 11-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Nobility

from the Maxima messageboard posted by Mirjam:

Maxima will visit the city Groningen next week. November 10 and 11 she will be present at the EU conference of the ministers of justice (9-11 november). During the conference also topics about minorities and integration will be discussed. No information about were she will spend the night.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Gentry

German Television said, that Maxima is pregnant again...so rumouring starts again
Old 11-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Courtier

I heard it too but they said that the baby will be born in March that´s not really likely because the Palace would already have announced it.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Gentry

That's true. I'm wondering about that they believe what a gossip magazine write.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Nobility

Today's pix:
I like the suit but she looks a little pear-shaped in it.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Nobility

The lovely smile we all love