The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - September 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Maxi and Alex really missed Amalia during their statevisit in Turkey. They just moved forward to Jordany. Is Amalia also flying over there?

From the Benelux Messageboard
posted by Dick

Article from AD:
The European Crownprinces have known each other for years now. But after the recent marriages, a new close network has grown of future queens. Together with Mette Marit, Mathilde, Mary and Letizia, Princess Maxima has given the international royalty a new fresh image. The princesses get along very, told Maxima yesterday in Istanbul.
The princely couple talked on their last day of their visit to journalist. Maxima feels at home at the European courts. The princesses meet especially at royal weddings. “We see a lot of each other and we talk about several subjects”, says Maxima. She also gets along very fine with the newly wed wife of the Spanish crown prince. She finds it ‘very nice’ to talk in Spanish with Letizia.

According to Willem-Alexander the newly weds ask Maxima for advice. In the recent years all crown princes have married non royal brides. They are not yet familiair with royal protocol, so can need some advice. “Maxima has some experience now” says Willem-Alexander. Maxima is more modest about her advices: “Every Royal House is different and every person is different”.

Maxima has big plans with her ‘future queens’ club. “I do not rule out, that in future we are going to do something together” she says. The princesses are also starting to give each other nick names. Letizia is been called ‘Metizia’ because all the names of the other princesses start with a ‘M’.

During the three days visit. the couple is impressed by quick changes the country is going through. The Turks are looking forward to joining the European union. William Alexander did not want to comment on that, because of his position. “But we talked with several people about this. With the Prime Minister, but also with the young people from Anatolië”. Says the prince.

The couple went on this trip for the first time without Princess Amalia. “I miss her enormously, and I call a lot” tells Maxima. However, Willem-Alexander and Maxima will have to go on more trips without their little daughter in future. Especially the young mother ‘does not look forward to that’. But Willem-Alexander said that is was better to leave her at home. “It’s no use in taking her from hotel to hotel and can not see her anyway”.

many thanks for the article! it's great to know that letizia and maxima get along well...

Yes. Excellent article. I like that. Metizia. Funny they named her that. It works. After all, Letizia itself was a misspelling.

He he ... That's not fair to Letizia. How come the others - beginning with Maximia - didn't name themselves with "L/s" ?

As anside, you figure WA would have connected with Maxima, if her name had been 'Minima' ?

Beginning with the L's
- Lette Marit, or Lette-Lerit
- Lathilde,
- Lary
- Letizia naturally, and
- Laxima

Yeah ... I can 'see' them having laughed themselves silly about what I just presented. Imagine they would all think Mary is then a guy, and I wonder if they would have picked up on Laxima being too close to a laxative? ;)

Originally posted by royal_sophietje+May 28th, 2004 - 12:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (royal_sophietje @ May 28th, 2004 - 12:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@May 28th, 2004 - 4:27 pm
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I have heard rumors that Maxima is not happy in her marriage to Willem?? Is there any truth to this??
You live in Germany perhaps?? Don't believe that magazines. There is nothing going on. They love each other. [/b][/quote]
No, I live in the USA. I had heard from some that Maxima, was unhappy during a royal show here on TV. That is why I asked.

Thank you for clearing up the misconception! ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@May 30th, 2004 - 2:17 am
and I wonder if they would have picked up on Laxima being too close to a laxative? ;)
:lol: yes "laxative" was my first thought, when I read Laxima. Metizia sounds nice anyway...nice to see that these crown princesses have such a great and silly humour ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 9:17 pm
He he ... That's not fair to Letizia. How come the others - beginning with Maximia - didn't name themselves with "L/s" ?

As anside, you figure WA would have connected with Maxima, if her name had been 'Minima' ?

Beginning with the L's
- Lathilde,
- Lary
- Letizia naturally, and
- Laxima

Yeah ... I can 'see' them having laughed themselves silly about what I just presented. Imagine they would all think Mary is then a guy, and I wonder if they would have picked up on Laxima being too close to a laxative? ;)
Laxima! Ha ha ha. That does sound like a laxative product. Lette-Marit is good though. But Larry does not sound good. Latthilde is a good name. I mean I had not heard of it before but it sounds reasonable.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 8:17 pm
He he ... That's not fair to Letizia.  How come the others - beginning with Maximia - didn't name themselves with "L/s" ?

Beginning with the L's
- Lathilde,
- Lary
- Letizia naturally, and
- Laxima

Yeah ... I can 'see' them having laughed themselves silly about what I just presented.  Imagine they would all think Mary is then a guy, and I wonder if they would have picked up on Laxima being too close to a laxative? ;)
'Lathilde' wow i love that name :heart: It's unique- and its very nice to hear especially that I can picture the sweet Mathilde with it. Thanks King Christian :flower: Im gonna name my baby Lathilde :flower:

nouwrein  Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 9:41 pm

'Lathilde' wow i love that name It's unique- and its very nice to hear especially that I can picture the sweet Mathilde with it. Thanks King Christian Im gonna name my baby Lathilde
You're welcome !
When I mouth the word "Lathilde", a nice caffee latte comes to mind. :)

Maxima looked fantastic in Turkey! WOW! I love her in red!

Originally posted by Naz@May 31st, 2004 - 1:19 pm
Does someone know what happened to Maxima Message Board? :blink:
It's back online now :flower:

In the video it looked much better than in the photo, where it just looked like it should be a bit looser for that style.

I can't find the vanity fair foto's (2) from Prince Willem-Alexander and Máxima big, who, can help me????? ;)

Originally posted by royal_sophietje+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 5:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (royal_sophietje @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 5:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Naz@May 31st, 2004 - 1:19 pm
Does someone know what happened to Maxima Message Board? :blink:
It's back online now :flower:[/b][/quote]
Can you tell me the address for it??

I'm new and don't know all the good sites and message boards out there for royals :ermm:

Originally posted by patje@Jun 7th, 2004 - 6:13 am
who is that baby??
Not a royal baby, the child of someone active in the board (the founder?)...

Mesmerised by Istanbul

On their last day in Turkey Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima visited some of the touristic places of the city before a tour of Bosphorus by boat and talked to the press.

At their first stop Haja Sofia, the prince placed his finger in the wish stone and mada a wish. He turned to the princess and joked: 'I wish after making this wish, I'll still be a prince.' When the press asked what he wished for, the prince said 'I won't say that!'

Then the prince and princess visited Sultanahmet Mosque. (Before entering inside a mosque, one should take his/her shoes off and women should cover their heads with a scarf.) Both the prince and princess took their shoes off. Princess Maxima's Emma Hope's shoes were put aside. The princess covered her head with a beige headscarf she brought. They examined the mosque's architecture and the various motiffs on the walls. As they left the mosque, the mosque's imam presented the royal couple with a plate with tulip motiffs. (As you know, tulips were a present from the Ottoman Empire to the Dutch.)

The royal couple was cheered loudly by the Dutch tourists present in the places they visit. Then they went to Rahmi Koç's Technology Museum. The prince said Princess Maxima knew more about Istanbul than he did, since she visited Istanbul before. He said they were both mesmerised by Istanbul.

Prince Willem-Alexander was asked:' You will be King. But do you want to be the King? ' He replied : 'The idea of becoming a king gives me an enourmous strength to strive. The chance to serve the Dutch public in the 21st Century , is a beautiful chance to have.'

He also talked about his impressions of Turkey, Turkey's possible(?!)EU membership, and he was also asked about Van Hoidonk, a Dutch football player who plays in a Turkish team.I ommitted these parts since I thought they aren't really the subject of this board.

This is from the Princes Maxima Board.

Appearently Maxima was somewhere, with a tiara on her head, at some place where I don´t know where it was, and when it was==>>
Maxima´s tiara/necklace
Can somebody tell something about this event?

I believe it was a reception of some sort during their visit to Turkey.

No,

The dress she wears in the picture is the picture she wore to Sweden in 2001, where she broke her ankle. (25th anniversary of?????? marriage or reign, I can't remember.)

It has to be this event, because she never wore that dress again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom