The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbert@Nov 18th, 2003 - 7:26 am
And the cradles are so expensive because of the cloth that is used to cover it, it's the most expensive silk in the entire world!
I hope the baby (or babies) will appreciate it :P
I think I would deny it too, if I would expect twins. Just imagine the wooooooww-effect, if there would be really two babies. And imagine, how great it would be, if they would really get identical twins. One would be crown prince(ss) and one not.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

If one has the money, two cradles doesn't seem unreasonable; one could be for them, one for the parents, or their vacation house, or even one upstairs and downstairs. Most people I know don't buy a cradle because the baby outgrows it in just a few months. They just go for the crib.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Hmmm...twins...could be interesting when this birth occurs...

I think if it were me (as it is I'm the oldest twin) and I were the youngest twin born into a royal family, to a CP I would feel kind of jipped...I think it would just be simpler to be born a year or two later, rather then being the same age, born the same day, quite possibly look the same and not receive the title CP simply because I was born a minute or so later then my sibling.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Hi!

Is Princess Maxima really expecting twins, or is it all gossip?

The poor lady did look rather big at the opening of parliament...

What does the headline on your magazine say please, Linda?

:flower:
Old 11-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Nobility

i think this is all big fabrication by the media, very hasty to draw conclusions now.

remeber: twins have to already be in your family (unless one is on fertility drugs). has maxima got twins in her family? not to my knowledge. beatrix' sister's case doesnt have any influence what so ever.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Twins are commonly determined from the father's side of the family to be passed on; so even if there were twins in Maxima's immediate family - like two of her siblings are twins - that wouldn't have as much of an effect as Willem's family having twins.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Nobility

alexandra, thank you for clearing this up, how embarassing, i was convinced that it had something to do with female ability to seperate eggs in early state etc...but then, i am not a doctor at all, so please accept my appology and thanks for clarfying it for everyone else.

also, hadnt paid attention to maximas family all that much, should rather keep quiet and read more... :(
Old 11-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
What does the headline on your magazine say please, Linda?
I'm not linda but I can translate it for you. It says "How the dentist of the court seduced Maxima". It has nothing to do with the twins story, but with the scientology stuff.
Let this never happen again!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Although commonly determined by the fathers side of the family, I am a twin, and my father's family has no history of it...my mom's does, but it was years and years ago...the doctors told my mom before we were born, that the length of years between her previous ancestor and her was to far away for it to even be considered history, so we were just a little surprise with no "historical" reasoning...so it could be possible, although I would think the Palace would have announced that earlier, when they announced that Maxima was pregnant.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Alexandria are you 100% sure, that the man is the determining part? Because I think it´s rather a question of genes, which can be "inherited" of both sides. So you have one chromosome set of each parent, and one can outweigh in the twin or non-twin question. I mean probably every woman has cycles in which two or more eggs mature (right word??), but it happens more often women, who have twins in the family.
My mother is a twin, and siblings of my grandma are twins too, and my great-grandmother has twin-siblings too. And doctors I ask say, that there is a far more higher likelihood, that I get twins too (aaaaaaaahhhh, two at once )
And as far as I know, the identical-twin-formation is far more independent from your genes.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Oh dear ... Lena with twins. Hard to imagine ! :flower:
Old 11-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 18th, 2003 - 3:45 pm
Alexandria are you 100% sure, that the man is the determining part? Because I think it´s rather a question of genes, which can be "inherited" of both sides.
Well, I am not a hundred per cent sure, but I do recall distinctly the lesson in highschool biology class on DNA and figuring out genetic pre-dispositions, and I think there was a recent study released about the inheritence of certain genes, including twins, published sometime this summer.

I think predominantly it is men's sperm which carries the information that determines the sex of the baby and also twins tend to be inherited on the father's side of DNA. That is not to say that some twins don't occur "randomly" or by "fluke" when there is no history of twins on either the father or the mother's side of the family, or in the case of your mom's family where twins are so dominant that that gene dominates. It is like brown hair is a more dominant gene than blonde hair, but that's not to say that if everybody in your family and your husband's family has brown hair you couldn't have a child with blonde hair.

I just think that scientifically the twin gene is carried by fathers, but "mutations" could of course occur.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

you think Maxima have TWIN!

i dont think so! if she had one baby with carry or she would carry with twin!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the translation, Robbert!

:flower:
Old 11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Helena@Nov 17th, 2003 - 5:12 am
wasnt it about a dentist of Maxima who is one of the foremen of the dutch branch of the scientology-cult (which is even forbidden in Germany and regarded with much sceptisism through Europe.
Maxima has remained catholic btw, although her children will be raised as dutch reformed (calvinists)
The Dutch press is indeed ruthless although not as bad as the German press. And no she is not a Scientologist. As far as her knowing one I have no idea about that but I don't see the big deal in it either.

I know a few Scientologists which are very lovely and very normal people inluding some well respected doctors. I don't like to talk about people's religion unless I have first hand account of it myself & I can honestly say that I did not see anything wierd or bad about Scientology. I took some life enhancement type classes there to learn how to deal with stress & manage my time better. I learned a lot and it was all very normal & useful.

I honestly don't know how or why that religion has gotten such a bad rap. Perhaps because they are new & approach religion differently. It's a shame because I did not come across anything strange or bad & they all seemed very eager to simply help people. Of course with every religion you are going to have some who are "too eager" and seem fanatical but as long as no one is doing any harm I don't see what's so bad about it.

And they do have a very strict policy that any member of the Church who is involved in anything illegal is no longer accepted there. With that said, people are people & I'm sure there might be members who are not following the rules etc. but I don't think an entire religious institution should be blamed for the actions of a few especially since the Church does kick them out. I mean look at the Catholics, no one is banning Catholicism jut because a bunch of Priests molested some kids, and with them it's worse because the Church itself protected the priests!! It just sounds like such a double standard. I hate to see injustice.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Very well said Angel S. I think Scientology as a religion has indeed gotten a very bad wrap for not a whole lot of good reasons. Perhaps because it seems new age or new period, and people don't like big changes or resist it.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 18th, 2003 - 9:27 pm
Very well said Angel S. I think Scientology as a religion has indeed gotten a very bad wrap for not a whole lot of good reasons. Perhaps because it seems new age or new period, and people don't like big changes or resist it.
I just like to be honest you know. I'm very much against racisim & I think everyone should have a chance to be heard. If someone stops talking to you because a few people see your religion as taboo, that is discrimination. If an idea is good & it works what does it matter where it came from.

I hope the story is not true & although that religion is taboo I would hope that a royal house would have the class to hear a person's ideas & not dismiss them simply because they are a Scientologist. i would hate to think they were discriminating against anyone.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 11-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Artillery practises tribute to royal baby
THE HAGUE - the 11th department driving artillery of the royal army has practised Friday morning on the Malieveld in The Hague for the saluut which is brought soon to the baby of prince Willem-Alexander and princess Máxima. The 11th department driving artillery, will fire 101 shots after the birth of the new heir(ess). In former days a little girl had to do with 51 shots, but since 1983 the constitution has made no more distinction between abdiction by a man or a woman .

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel...anon_klein.jpg
Old 11-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Courtier

What's this Egoland thing? A children's show? I'm sorry, I've never heard of it...
Old 11-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Courtier

They are already practicing for the arrival of Maxima's child/ twins.
Well, I am excited to hear the news when she would deliver her child!

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Closed Thread