The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!

Kisses!!!

Old 08-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!
This isn't a matter of disrespecting Máxima and no one here is inventing false stories. This is simply just clarifying information. As I have previously stated numerous articles have been written in the press saying that the couple had a relationship and that they lived together and shared an apartment in NY, there was even a photo showing their names on their mailbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal _sophietje
Do you have read my post ??

I wrote in that post that Maxima herself issued an statement in may or june this year, denying that she and Dieter had an relationship.

I did read your post, but again you haven't provided a source as to where I can read or see that statement. If Maxima had issued a statement of any kind I am sure I would have read it at the Princess Maxima board or the benelux royals message board and I haven't.

While you may be right that Maxima has never had a relationship with Zimmerman I would like to see or read the proof for myself, as I have seen evidence that suggests the contrary.

Old 08-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

I am also interested in reading this statement by Maxima.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Here is a link where you can be SURE that Máxima did NOT lived with Zimmerman.
Enjoy it!

http://www.humano.ya.com/zorre/anuncio8.htm
Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Courtier

If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Of course this all just my opinion!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Thank you for your sensibility lucys. I totally agree with you. What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?

I can't believe that anybody would be naive enough in the year 2004 to believe that someone who got married in her late twenties/early thirties might still be a virgin or that she has had no experience with men until Willem came around.

And whatever Maxima's past, her past is what got her to where she is today: A happy life with Willem, a healthy daughter, and life as a Crown Princess of the Netherlands.

And really, she had to issue a formal and public statement about whether or not she lived with some guy? How insane is that? Whose business is it that she did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy? It's nobody's business but hers and this guys. Obviously if she did, it did not bother Willem or make him think that she would not be a good Crown Princess or future Queen because of it.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?
Personally, it isn't a big deal if she did or didn't live with him.That's not an issue for me,it may be for others or the Zorreguietas.

***I just wanted some clarification as whether I should alter information I have on the couple.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

Honestly, what irks me is people making moral judgements.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys

thank you for this email....

We do not know who the people are who write on this board but re virginity I was beginning to think they must be amish, mennonites, very conservative catholics (opus dei), mormons, muslims, gypsies, orthodox jews.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

WA - Maxima and little princess

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2004...ima_guillermo/
Old 08-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Susan, why are you against amish, mennonites, very conservative catholics (opus dei), mormons, muslims, gypsies, orthodox jews????

If you want to be respected, please respect the other, because no one had insulted you!

Thank you!!
Old 08-28-2004, 12:59 PM

PLEASE, MODERATOR:

Susan... had offended many people in her last message. Can't you do something about it?
It isn't fair and correct that someone come hear to enjoy this forums and this persons attack our beliefs!
Old 08-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Susan, why are you against amish, mennonites, very conservative catholics (opus dei), mormons, muslims, gypsies, orthodox jews????

If you want to be respected, please respect the other, because no one had insulted you!

Thank you!!
I am not at all against any of the religious groups I mentioned. In fact they all interest me.

I would never consciously hurt anyone,

kind regards
susan
Old 08-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_JANE
PLEASE, MODERATOR:

Susan... had offended many people in her last message. Can't you do something about it?
It isn't fair and correct that someone come hear to enjoy this forums and this persons attack our beliefs!
Thank you for your concern. This matter is already being looked into.

We hope that everyone will be more considerate of other religions, cultures and lifestyles, etc. when making their posts. While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinons, respect of others is absolutely required as well.

If there are further concerns about this matter, please direct them towards an administrator or moderator. For now let's get back on track with News and Pictures of Willem and Maxima.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 08-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Maxima, W-A and Amalia in 'La Angostura'

A very very little picture of Maxima, W-A and Amalia in 'La Angostura'. :)

Link to article (spanish): http://www.rionegro.com.ar/arch200408/26/v26g07.php

Old 08-28-2004, 04:59 PM

Thank you very much Alexandria! Ok Susan, I'm sure you didn't with intention!!

I think Máxima is a wonderful mum, and Amalia will be a wonderful Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

goes to show do not talk (email) about religion. (it was meant slightly funny too, because the amish and the mennonites are not likely to have computers)
Old 08-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Where are Willem, Maxima and Amalia now? Back in the Netherlands or in Argentina still?
Old 08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

in argentina, still...
they'll go soon to the netherlands
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Courtier

So I guess those rumours in mid-July of Maxima announcing her pregnany in "three weeks" were just that, rumours after all huh? Afterall it has been a month and a half now since those rumours.