The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninhas
Mathild has no affairs after her marriege, Mary just have one but Maxima had a loto of men in her life, so there's no big difference between her and Letizia!
Just because a woman has many male friends doesn't mean that she's cheating on her husband! I don't even follow the thinking on this theory!

Maxima worked in finance and Letizia worked in journalism before their marriages -- both industries that are generally dominated by men. So I find it very natural that as Maxima and Letizia worked in these industries for several years they would have naturally befriended their colleagues, even if they were male.

And there have been not a single published report I have read that says both women have had affair since their marriages. (Letizia especially, who is still a newlywed and the press who have followed her every step of the way since her wedding. She'd be mighty adept at hiding and sneaking around if she was having an affair! )

Old 08-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

this is a very funny & silly forum, makes me laugh.

none of the "new" princesses have had affairs since their marriages, they are still in love & they are expected to have babies.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mary is much better than Maxima. Maxima does Nothing for netherland, just smile and shop!! Mary is much more serious and elegant!
I don't think you are Dutch, otherwise you would have know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishas
Mathilde is what I call a Perfect Princess: she's beautiful, elegant and with control. She's doing a lot for Belgium and fans number grows all the time. Maxima smiles like a chicken, she has no class!

First, I have never see a chicken smile in my whole life. And maybe you think she has no class, but a lot of other people have a different opinion (see http://www.hola.com/casasreales/espe...rincesasestilo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishas
Mathild has no affairs after her marriege, Mary just have one but Maxima had a loto of men in her life, so there's no big difference between her and Letizia!

Affairs after marriage, of all crownprincesses none have had an affair after her marriage
Old 08-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Courtier

WA in Athene

Back on-topic

Two pictures of Crownprince Willem-Alexander today in Athene, giving an interview. And a picture of Crownprincess Maxima and princess Catharina-Amalia.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

She is adorable:)

Thanks
Old 08-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

maxima also is in the top of the most elegant ones.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Courtier

I think Maxima is great--fashionable and elegant--but let's not take that hola poll too seriously. A person could vote 500 times if they wanted to!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:24 PM
aninhas

I want to say that I'm not asking for your opinion about if Maxima works a lot or not. I think that she prefers to travel around the world than do something really useful for Netherland. This is my opinion and I'm free to write it. If you dont't like it, please don't read me. I gave my opinon for the ones who want to read, not for you who don't accept different ideas.

For the one who said that I should write in Mathilde's forum: who told you that I cant't write hear if I don't like Maxima?? If you are democratic (and you aren't) you have to acept that I prefer Mary to Maxima.

And now I do not have more interest in participate in this with you, so I leave you with the words in the mouth! Netherlands, a country that is only known in the world for the worst reasons (free drugs, free abortions and free euthanasic, etc) is very well represented with Alex and Maxima. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I want to say that I'm not asking for your opinion about if Maxima works a lot or not. I think that she prefers to travel around the world than do something really useful for Netherland. This is my opinion and I'm free to write it. If you dont't like it, please don't read me. I gave my opinon for the ones who want to read, not for you who don't accept different ideas.

For the one who said that I should write in Mathilde's forum: who told you that I cant't write hear if I don't like Maxima?? If you are democratic (and you aren't) you have to acept that I prefer Mary to Maxima.

And now I do not have more interest in participate in this with you, so I leave you with the words in the mouth! Netherlands, a country that is only known in the world for the worst reasons (free drugs, free abortions and free euthanasic, etc) is very well represented with Alex and Maxima. Good luck!
Thank you for this 'nice' discussion and good bye....
Old 08-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

TO EACH HIS OWN, ANINHAS.
it was your opinion, but you said it quite hard. we did not tell you to post in mathilde's thread or in this one as long as you did it with respect. here, everyone has his own opinion, but what i don't see really clear is that you have posted you dislike maxima, but you didn't post anything in mathilde's or mary's thread. it's not like that, in my opinion. i prefer to post in the forums of the royals i like and to avoid posting in the ones i don't like too much or dislike. it's really stupid to post not so good things about people you dislike, i think it's better and a more honest action to post for the ones you like and not disturbing the people who like w-a and maxima.
i don't know what people think about the netherlands. i really admire this country because of its practical economic and political basis and because of being one of the most powerful and whealtiest countries in europe.

"And now I do not have more interest in participate in this with you, so I leave you with the words in the mouth"

and imo, this was very childish from your part.
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I agree in some points with aninhas. maxima's smile sounds theatral to me. Has she drunk problems?...
There are rumors that she lived with several men before (not AFTER) W-A. That's not good for a future Queen.
But she's nice, she's a very strong woman, she cares about people, that's good!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

but what a difference between your post and aninha's! you are being polite at least...

i think it's not bad to live with men before. nearly all the future queens did it... mary, letizia, maxima, mette marit...
Old 08-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think it's not bad to live with men before. nearly all the future queens did it... mary, letizia, maxima, mette marit...
In the days of Sonja, Paola, Silvia, etc. to have lived with a man before marrying would've been a great bigger deal than it is now.

And as carlota pointed out, many of the present Crown Princesses not only had relationships prior to their royal marriages, they each also lived with their boyfriends. In this day and age it is not surprising. Gone are the days of virgin brides as Diana was. The present Crown Princesses are a different "breed" than what was expcted of Diana and even Sarah Ferguson (for better or worse) -- they all had careers, long-term relationships, had live in relationships. Also, these women were in their late twenties/early thirties when married -- I don't know many women in that age group who have not had relationships. I think the present Crown Princesses are a good reflection of the times: educated, well-travelled and educated, worldly, had bad and good personal relationship, etc.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Alexandria don't forget please that the Church (Catholic, Prostestant, ...( do NOT approve relations pre-wedding!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Commoner

How Old is Ines?

She looks quite young!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Ines is the same age as me, 20 :)
Old 08-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Does anyone knows what is the adress os Princess Maxima?? I want to write her so pleeeeeeeease, someone give me the adress.....

Thank you!!
Old 08-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Courtier

You will have to write to Paleis Noordeinde then I think....
Old 08-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Commoner

I am sure Ines

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje
Ines is the same age as me, 20 :)
was quite the suprise to her parents. She does not look like she likes the attention.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Does anyone knows what is the adress os Princess Maxima?? I want to write her so pleeeeeeeease, someone give me the adress.....

Thank you!!
You have to write to:

HRH Princess Máxima
Noordeinde 66
2514 GL The Hague
The Netherlands