The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.royal-naturepress.nl/beel...2_itemId=20202

Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The pair are in Cape Town watching the Netherlands V Uruguay match.
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...y-Images-Sport

More Pictures.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Thumbs up Willem-Alexander & Máxima; Current Events, Part 8

Yes, I saw them in Radio-Canada (french equivalent of CBC) just after Netherlands scored!!!

Isabelle.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some pics without watermarks:

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima enjoy the
atmosphere ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Semi Final
match between Uruguay and the Netherlands at Green Point Stadium
on July 6, 2010 in Cape Town, South Africa.

** Uruguay v Netherlands: 2010 FIFA World Cup - Semi Final **
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations for their victory I am delighted !
Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I'm delighted too! I'm a huge fan of the Netherlands National Team. Ihope they could be champions at the World Cup competition. However, if they are not champions, they should be sub-champions, that is great too!

I've seen the match this evening with my heart pounding loud, since I jst wanted "the Oranges" to win. I like Uruguay as a country very much, but as monarchist, I wanted the victory of a monarchist country...and if the crownprincess is Argentinian I would like to see the Netherlands champions more than anything! I also likes Germany - my two nephews are half-german, half-argentinian - but I must admit that I wish two monarchist countries as champion and sub-champion. Spain-Netherlands, or Netherlands-Spain would be all right!

Fanatic? Me? Of course NOT!

Vanesa.

P.D: I just loved the way Princess Maxima and her husband celebrates every single goal their team did, and how they seemed very worried when Uruguay did those two goals.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thanks for the pictures. Great seeing the both supporting the team.
Are they staying till the finals?

A part of the couple cheering
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I hope they stay until the final, it would be wonderful to see them again.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Nobility

I think they said during the photosession that they will stay/come back to the final. But they definitely will be there =)

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Gentry

WA and Maxima were shown very briefly on ESPN Sportscenter, during World Cup highlights. After showing one of the goals, the camera cut to the princely couple for a split second, but I caught sight of the black and white jacket and thought it looked familiar. (WA was standing up and seemed to be readjusting his orange scarf.) The announcer didn't mention them, so probably very few people noticed them, but I was one.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Nice pictures. I saw them yesterday on TV cheering.
Spain is playing tonight. Are there any Spanish royals present in SA?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Nice pictures. I saw them yesterday on TV cheering.
Spain is playing tonight. Are there any Spanish royals present in SA?
Queen Sofia.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

It was great to see Willem-Alexander and Maxima they were really into the game. Arms around each other cheering quite loudly!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

They showed them many times during yesterday's match. Both looked to be having a ball.

Pun not intended BTW...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Princess Máxima

Flickr Photo Download: Our lovely future-queen Maxima
Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The visit of the prince and princess has been appreciated a lot by the players. Apparently the prince held a speech int he dressing room and several players wanted to be in a picutre with WA and Maxima.

According to the Dutch ambassador in SA, the prince and princess are not in South Africa but went to Mozambique. They will be in Johannesburg for the final against Spain.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 AM

It was great to see Alexander and Maxima supporting the national team. Too bad Maxima got a lot of bad press in South America. The press called Southamerican Maxima a traitor and barbaric because she was supporting the Dutch like that and not Uruguay.
I think we couldn't wish for a more fantastic Princess. She doesn't deserve to be critized like that.
The Southamerican press obiviously forgot that our Princess is now Dutch as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Again...Princess Maxima COULDN'T support Uruguay, nor Argentina, nor any other team than the Netherland's one, since she is the future consort Queen of the Netherlands. May people understand basic ideas as these ones?

Other bad things: I've also noticed that cameras wouldn't show Queen Sofia at the match "Spain-Germany". Every time she appeared, they cutted her image off... It seems that they just wouldn't want to show any Royal just for they are Royals.

But, oh, wait...this very Sunday, there will be two monarchist countries who should be playing the final match to see who of them two should be the champion of the World Cup 2010. One of them will be the winner and they MUST show the Queen or the Princes of Orange receiving the players. I'm waiting for this day to have my sweet revenge...

Vanesa.

P.S: I love both teams and I will be happy if one of them become champion. But I admit I would like to see Spain to become the new champion for it will be the FIRST time this country will win a World Cup Championship!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well tbh, the whole point was the football match not the royals attending.
And she could have supported those two teams in the comfort of her own home, just because she's going to be Queen Consort of The Netherlands, doesn't means she cannot support her home countries.

They don't have to show the Queen or Princes Of Orange, the day is about the football and the players, not the royals attending.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

You've got to be kidding me!!

Maxima can't catch a break when it comes to the World Cup it seems. The last one, she got crtiicized for forgetting herself and appearing to cheer for her native Argentina when they played the Netherlands. This year, this happens.

2006 I could understand her being conflicted and forgetting herself to cheer when Argentina scored. That's the land of her birth after all and it's only natural IMO. However, the other day it was not Argentina playing the Netherlands and therefore no conflict, so you'd think she'd be allowed to cheer for her new homeland w/no problem at all.

I should never underestimate the stupidity of the media to try and stir up a hornet's nest.

Has this happened concerning Crown Princess Mary whenever Denmark plays Australia in something sporting or does both Countries' media have a bit more common sense?

Tags
crown prince willem alexander, maxima, prince of orange, princess maxima, willem-alexander