The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JULY 11: Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands and Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands enjoy the atmosphere ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Final match between Netherlands and Spain at Soccer City Stadium on July 11, 2010 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Daylife gallery

It was wonderful to see WA and Maxima at the game, the BBC showed them quite a lot but didn't have any idea who they were to be honest.

I hoped Holland won the World Cup. It's sad they didn't win (again) But the best team won yesterday.
Here are some other pics of the royals.
ANP Beeldbank

I was surprised that Maxima and Letizia didn't seem to interact at all. Do they not like each other? Leti seemed to talk only to Felipe, while Maxima either turned to talk to WA or spoke to no one. (Of course, they only showed a few minutes of them during the entire game, so appearances may be deceiving.)

Well we don't know honestly what the relationship is between them.
But the camera only focused on them at different points, and to be honest they would be concentrating on the football.
I can understand them not interacting during the game, but afterwards perhaps.

The silver medal is equally important, so congratulations to Holland!!! :dutchflag::flowers: They didn't lose, they just took the 2nd place - we mustn't forget that!;) The CP couple looked great - they seem to be very warm and pleasant people! I liked the way CP WA greeted the Dutch coach (he put his hands on his shoulders) - beautiful moments!

Well, considering they are for opposing teams it is logical they don't talk too much. And since they are there to watch a game they might have preferred to watch instead of chatter too much ;).
And apart from that, Maxima was seated closer to the prime minister so was probably talking to him more often. Still, the only time that I saw the couples together on tv (before the match), they were hugging each other.

Well, considering they are for opposing teams it is logical they don't talk too much. And since they are there to watch a game they might have preferred to watch instead of chatter too much ;).

I guess my American bias is showing -- I'm not into soccer, so I would have been talking to someone (or reading a book) through the whole game. ;)

I thought Maxima seemed kind of lonely sitting below WA and a few feet from Letizia. I was also a little surprised that the two women weren't interacting more (from what I saw). They share a native language, are both commoners who married into royal families, are both crown princesses, and both have young daughters. That's a lot of common ground to base a conversation on!

Maxima did make me laugh at the end of the match. She's so emotive, you'd have thought she had just witnessed a major tragedy when Spain won. Clearly she's a lady who gets into soccer, so I'm sure you're right about her wanting to watch the game.

I saw a lot of the royals on TV here in the US. The look of misery of CP Maxima's face was so sad, especially when compared with CP Letizia, CP Felipe, and King JC's joyful reactions after Spain's goal.
Queen Sofia and CP W-A weren't shown sitting next to their families. Perhaps they were somewhere else with the other medal presenters throughout the match? When it came time for medals, Queen Sofia and CP W-A got to shake all the players' hands and wish them well. It was a nice moment and I'm glad they were included. :)

It was wonderful to see WA and Maxima at the game, the BBC showed them quite a lot but didn't have any idea who they were to be honest.

That's funny. ABC News world cup (US) coverage showed them a lot too and knew exactly who they were. I was impressed. And they knew the Spanish royals too, the queen and prince felipe. I don't think they mentioned letizia by name.... but they mentioned the Crown Prince of the Netherlands. They even called him Prince of Orange once and they mentioned Maxima and her Argentine background.

During the ceremony after the game, I noticed that Prince WA got a little teary eyed. He touched his nose once and I really thought he was very sad. I felt so badly for the Dutch team but honestly, I was quite happy for Spain to win. It was a crazy game.

TRH will attend the funeral of their uncle,the late Duke of Parma,on saturday august 28th in Parma,Italy.

Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane will attent this event too.

Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane will attent this event too.

That was the surprise for today,not telling in advance,but like grandmama last saturday taking them unexpedtedly gives something spontanious to it all and,it grooms the little Princesses for their public life ahead a little,bit by bit they get used to all the attention.:)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=11-09-2010%20Tiel

courtesy ppe

http://wwww.fruitcorso.nl/

Video,after about two minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj7Fo62ro3Y

:)

Last edited:
Another link from Hello!

It obviously wasn't a good day for the photographer as some of the pics (top of Maxima's head?) aren't great.

TRH are at Neighbour Day festivities in the Province of Utrecht today,and are swinging along...:)

I love Maxima's wrap and purse.

TRH have visited the NOS- and RTL News tv studio's in Hilversum this morning.The first is our national station,the second the largest commercial station.TRH got a tour on the floor and were informed on how it's decided what news makes news and gets on the telly
within the time frame,and how both stations try to get young people involved with both as a target group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom