The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the family is already back from Italy, will they be going somewhere else this summer?

I wonder if the family is already back from Italy, will they be going somewhere else this summer?

They usually do,yes.But its never disclosed where that will be unless a photographer takes a snapshot of 'm somewhere.:)

great, i can't wait til the photoshoot. when was the last one?

Alexander and Máxima attended the U2 concert at the Amsterdam Arena last night,
they watched the concert from a skybox,but were visible before the start of the concert.
The couple also got a welcome by Bono as he read out a list of people he especially wished to thank for coming :

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: U2 krijgt in Arena ook koninklijk bezoek

courtsy hja

Bono salutes the princely couple before singing "I still havent found what Im looking for". The video can be found in YouTube (search for "U2 Amsterdam Arena 2009 - I Still Haven't Found What I Am Looking For")

I know that W-A and Maxima will be in New York next week for a wedding and then an event they are doing the following week, do you think the press will be allowed to take pictures?

Goodness, Catharina-Amalia, haven't you grown... :) I think its a difficult situation at moment...

On saturday the royal field hockey association (KNHB) sent out a press statement saying that the visit of the prince and his family was private and photographs were not allowed to be published. Now, the press wrote angry articles about it immidiately because in the past attending sport-things were allowed to be published. fter this the RVD woke up and said they never asked the KNHB to send out this release, that the picture were allowed to be published etc. On sunday this the KNHB send out another statement, apologizing for the mess ton the members of the press.

Why the prince did allow pictures on this private visit is unclear to me, esp. since he stated in a letter to the court that it weas all so traumatising for him as a child to be pictured. So why he allows these pictures of his daughters is unclear, esp. since the last court case. Maybe the couple needs some good press after the recent week (which due to the KNHB did not work).

I was just thinking the same thing!

the communications between everyone sound :lol:

On saturday the royal field hockey association (KNHB) sent out a press statement saying that the visit of the prince and his family was private and photographs were not allowed to be published. Now, the press wrote angry articles about it immidiately because in the past attending sport-things were allowed to be published. fter this the RVD woke up and said they never asked the KNHB to send out this release, that the picture were allowed to be published etc. On sunday this the KNHB send out another statement, apologizing for the mess ton the members of the press.

Why the prince did allow pictures on this private visit is unclear to me, esp. since he stated in a letter to the court that it weas all so traumatising for him as a child to be pictured. So why he allows these pictures of his daughters is unclear, esp. since the last court case. Maybe the couple needs some good press after the recent week (which due to the KNHB did not work).

TRH hosted another `Kanjer`luncheon at Noordeinde Palace yesterday,hosting 27 dutch men and women who
are exemplary in the fields of sports,culture,journalism,science and the corporate world.

All guests had-have recently won a prize,award or were highlighted significantly.With these luncheons the Couple expresses their acknowledgement and appreciation for the achievements of them all.
There is no list of the guests,but it is free to the guests themselves to mention they were there if they feel like doing so.

The Prince and Princess thoroughly love the interaction between the guests,and them,during these occasions,
as most do not know the others.For example,who knows who the dutch champion Sudoka is?See.

Last edited:
After one week at home, WA and Maxima are returning to New York for a few days next week. More info:
Het Koninklijk Huis

From sunday the 20th The Prince of Orange,Chair of UNSGAB,will participate in several meetings related to UNSGAB
and the summit on climate change.This summit,on the 22nd,will be presided by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon.

The Princess will have talks with Ban Ki Moon on Financial Services on monday.
On september 22nd HRH will speech during the annual Clinton Global Initiative.

A lot of preparations and a lot of work for both,no fun meetings.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2009/09/willemalexander-m%C3%A1xima-return-to-nyc.html

courtesy hja

The Prince will leave for New York on saturday,the Princess has an engagement here with Scouting on saturday,and the opening of the new municipal Museum "M" in Leuven,Belgium on sunday afternoon with CP Mathilde before she flies to NYC on sunday evening.

Last edited:
More about princess Máxima and her new role as UN advisor developing financial services can be found here.

TRH will open the exhibition on Oman on october 15th at the Nieuwe Kerk,Amsterdam.

The Prince and Princess have been on a official visit to Oman last january.
Het Koninklijk Huis

An interview in Vanity Fair with the couple:

Being a prince or princess isn't all tiaras and Tatler. In fact, it's a stage you can't exit. "You’re in this function and with this responsibility 365 days a year," the Dutch throne’s heir apparent, Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange, told VF Daily’s Royal Watch.
"Twenty-four hours a day," emphasized his wife, Princess Máxima.
Maintaining a sane work-life balance isn’t a cinch for anyone, let alone Willem-Alexander and Máxima, who are your average working parents—they just happen to hold the job titles of prince and princess. This was one of our revelations when we recently caught up with the royals as they were, err, holding court in New York City’s Battery Gardens Restaurant, having just unveiled the New Amsterdam Plein and Pavilion. They were in New York as part of their week-long visit celebrating 400 years of Dutch-American relations, a bond that began with Henry Hudson's arrival in New York, and continues today with American and Dutch soldiers serving together in Afghanistan. After waiting for various news crews to clear the restaurant, we were invited to join the Dutch duo (unfortunately our enterance wasn't met with a 21-gun salute and greeting by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, like the Prince and Princess's arrival to New York had been), where we chatted about what it means to be a young royal couple in the 21st century.

read more here.

TRH will open the exhibition on Oman on october 15th at the Nieuwe Kerk,Amsterdam.

The Prince and Princess have been on a official visit to Oman last january.
Het Koninklijk Huis

:omanflag::dutchflag:

Tonight will see the opening of the exhibition "Oman" by TRH of what promises to be yet another wonderfull display of arts,
history and beauty in the Nieuwe Kerk here in Amsterdam.

Over 300 objects from museum collections in Oman are on display making the long history and exceptional cultural traditions
of the country visible.

The exhibition has 5 major themes:

The earlyest civilisation (archeological excavation objects,pottery & jewelry)

Religion: 17th century Koran's with geometrical and floral patrons

Trade and seamen:Old maps,contacts with Europe:portuguese,British and Dutch trading partners had settlements in Oman in
the 16th & 17th century

19th Century Court life of the ,still Reigning,Al Bu Said Family,(private furniture,clothing and jewelry)

This exhibition is in line with previous,stunning,exhibitions on Afghanistan,Morocco,Istanbul and Mexico held in the Nieuwe Kerk.

TRH have payed an official visit to Oman from january 15th till january 20th.

Mazregno, I am so excited about his article in Vanity Fair, thanks for posting it. It was a great article, and I especially agree with the last sentence, "Ah, so normal, but so elevated. In fact, perhaps that’s the best way to sum up the Dutch royal couple altogether." Dont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom