The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to see thread about prince's day .because i am looking for dutch royals
events there is no thread and photos
just this link from hello magazine

High pomp as Dutch and Swedish royals open their parliaments
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
that's all if you find video or new photos
like dresses from royal princess in prince's day

Hi duchess of egypt, there is currently a thread - the one you are looking for is: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/prinsjesdag-2008-a-18182.html :flowers:
Enjoy.

According to Marc van der Linden in www.royalty-online.nl the Make a Difference Day of 2008 has been postponed from November to March 2009. This is done as the organisation will be working together with the Orange-fund ánd because the weather in March is usually somewhat better. MADD expects that the royals will turn up in March, as they did the last years when the event was organised in November.

Queensday/Koninginnedag 2009 will be held in the city of Apeldoorn. It will be a special day as it is the 100th birthday of the late Queen Juliana and the 70th birthday of Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven.

The NOS yesterday broadcasted a 45 minutes broadcast with the review of the royal year. The presenter must have mentioned abdication rumours, how WA is ready for it all, etc etc. 20 times at least. Bloody annoying IMHO. Anyway, the clips they show are nice to watch and it gives a somwhat different impressin of HM the Queen. This time we are able to hear a few things what she is saying i conversations with people that she meets, she is quite funny and charming.

Player omroep.nl

Queen Beatrix, the Prince of Orange, Princess Maxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia, Princess Ariane, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Countess Luana and Countess Zaria attended a performance of the Great Christmas Circus on the Malieveld in The Hague this saturday. The royals were there on the invitation of the 'Friends of the Juliana Childrens Hospital', who made sure that 1 euro of each sold ticket will go to the hospital.

Picture: www.telegraaf.nl - fotovenster

Article in Dutch: Circus voor prinsesjes - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]

What a pity that there are not more pictures of them! It would be so nice to see the children together again.

Prince Friso - CEO of TNO Space and Aeronautical Engineering in Delft
Princess Mabel - director of The Elders in London
Prince Constantijn - Head Information and Politics Team RAND Europe in Brussels
Princess Laurentien - Independent communication adviser in Brussels

Gossip magazine Prive has an article on the cover that Queen Betrix and her sons lost half their fortune due to Bernhard Madoff. Apparenlty some mroe serious media copied the information, which made the RVD to comment the following:

'Usually the RVD does not comment on the private fortune of the Royal Family. But now serious media like firtsly the Algemeen Handelsblad copy the lies of Prive, including insunuations related to people, the RVD needs to say that the article was a lie from A to Z.'

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Commoners Welcome to Marry Into Dutch Royal Family, First in Europe to Allow Women to Ascend to Throne

When Her Majesty Queen Beatrix "by the Grace of God Queen of the Netherlands" celebrated her 70th birthday earlier this year, the Dutch press was feverish with speculation about whether she would abdicate.
However, the birthday came and went and there's still no sign that the monarch is going to retire, thus giving her oldest son, Prince Willem-Alexander, and her daughter-in-law, Princess Maxima, more time to prepare for their eventual takeover of the throne.
ABC News: Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals

Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Commoners Welcome to Marry Into Dutch Royal Family, First in Europe to Allow Women to Ascend to Throne

ABC News: Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals

Thank you for posting this link, Al_bina! I had no idea that the Dutch Royal Family were featured in an American media website. I am so pleased to see that ABC featured a story about them. I know so many people in the US who have no idea that there is even a royal family in the Netherlands. I have a friend who moved to the US from Argentina 8 years ago, who has never heard of Maxima, and didn't believe me when I told her that the Crown Princess of the Netherlands was from Argentina. This was a very nice article.

well I've learnt something - I didnt know the princesses are not going to be addressed as "royal highness" until they're 18.
Nor did I know that the Dutch were the first to allow women on the throne.

Well, the article is wrong about women on the throne. There were women on thrones long before the Netherlands actually existed as 1 united country (Elizabeth I of England for example), and our fiorst female reigning monarch would be Queen Wilhelmina, under the regency of her mother Emma in 1890, long after Queen Victoria, Queen Anne, Queen Mary etc. of the UK, Isabel I and II of Spain, Christina of Sweden, etc. etc.

I suppose van der Linden could mean that in 1983 equal succession laws were implemented for males and females, but this was only after Sweden passed such a law in 1980.

About the HRH: that the PoO and princess Maxima don't want their children to be adressed as HRH now is hardly something new, I have a hard time imagining if the Norwegian courtiers adress Ingrid Alexandra as HRH when speaking to her for example. The website of the RH does use HRH for them though.

Since the article is based on an interview with the editor of a gossip magazine these mistakes were to be expected. I guess the mistakes were meant to illustrate their main point., which is how close to the people, down to earth, democratic etc. the Dutch monarchy is? The commoner-thing is also a bi bogus considering most commoners entered the royal families in the generation of the current monarchs.

Last edited:
According to royalty-online HM and the prince of Orange DID attend the funeral of Caspar Graf von Oeynhausen. They flew to the airport of Paderborn, so the family was not snowed in.

HM the queen has been wearing that small diamond and sapphirre necklace a lot recently. Maybe something she just re-discovered? She wore it in the 60-ties but after that the first time we saw it again was when she visited Fürst Wittikind of Waldeck-Pyrmont in Bad Arolsen, a year ago or so. A nice ceremony, the first new knight since WWII I think (though a Polish regiment received one recently). Nice that HM is wearing the small pin of the Willems order. AFAIK she only wore the Willems order once, during her enthronement.

It looked like a very lovely ceremony. Has Willem-Alexander received this order as well (it is difficult to see if he is wearing it or not)?

It looked like a very lovely ceremony. Has Willem-Alexander received this order as well (it is difficult to see if he is wearing it or not)?

No, king Willem II (while still crownprince), queen Wilhelmina (after her abdication) and prince Bernhard were the only royals to receive the order. The order is only handed out to those who have shown braveness during a war and such. The prince of Orange has never been actively fighting in a war, so... He will be able to wear the order when he is king. The same counts for Queen Beatrix at the moment, she can wear it as she is the grand master of the order.

Deeply impressed not about Maxima's hat , but about this ceremony I saw on TV.
He is the youngest knight who receive the Willems Order, the highest Dutch military order. I saw tears on his face . Are they pictures when he put his hands on the old other knight's shoulder ?
Congratulations to her Majesty and all the Dutch , I admire the way you celebrated this.
Is there a video ? thanks a lot

Marengo, thanks for the many videos ans this of princess Wilhelmina.

Posts about the visit of the royal family to the Juliana exhibition at palace Soestdijk should be posted in this thread.

28-10-2009 The Hague Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima, Prince of Orange, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attended the openings performance of the Holland Dance Festival, 50 Years of Challenging Dance of the Dutch Dans Theater at the Lucent Danstheater in The Hague

PPE Agency

Maxima in her grey-tweed Prinsejsdag dress and jacket, Laurentien in a lovely new emerald-green dress, Queen Bea in shiny dark blue.

Queen Beatrix looks wonderful tonight.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom