The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the 1st time that Princess Margriet take part in the Veterans Day, lucien? I could only remember seeing pictures of her husband did before, but never see the Princess.

Yes it is indeed.HRH wishes to emphasize the importance and recognition of the Veterans and supports her nephew in this too.The bond between the Princess and the Veterans is a special one,as you know she was born in Canada during WW II,and has,together with her husband,a keen interest in matters concerning the Veterans,just like her father did.

With I think the only difference being that WWII veterans could call Prince Bernhard from his bed even at any time if in need of whatever sort of help from officials but didn't get it,anything.He,Bernhard,would personally see to it that matters were solved correctly.And it always was.The Veterans thought the world of him,and vice versa,and that never changed.They would bluntly call him at Soestdijk Palace,and he would personally see to everything,all of 'm,anytime.

Queen Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended the concert ''LIFE: a Journey Through Time'' at the Concertbuilding in Amsterdam today, August 25, 2012.
LIFE is a combination of nature photos by Dutch photographer Frans Lanting and music of the American composer Philip Glass. The concert was held at the conclusion of the celebrations of the 50th anniversary of the Dutch branch of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

** dpp gallery: Queen Beatrix, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien at concert 50th anniversary WWF **

Last edited:

Queen Beatrix and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander have received Dutch austronaut André Kuipers as well as the austronauts Oleg Kononenko and Don Pettit at the Huis ten Bosch Palace today, September 19, 2012. Kuipers had stayed 193 days at the International Space Station and returned on July 1.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Prince Constantijn is a member of the board of supervision of the museum. He acted as our guide for a tv programme about the re-opened Stedelijk, broadcasted today.

Prince Constantijn and Princess Marilene attended the opening of the digital archive of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam today, October 30, 2012:

I have never seen this picture before, must be summer of 2011 in Tavarnelle, any thoughts?

tumblr_m7l633oKKQ1ryoyrho1_1280.jpg

Crown Princess Máxima has given a speech at a symposium on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Prince Claus chair in Den Haag today, November 28, 2012. The 'Prince Claus Chair in Development and Equity' is a rotating chair in the field of development issues.

Queen Beatrix was present as well!

The Royal Family will have their annual winter holidays in Lech again as they do for the past 6 decades.

The Mayor of Lech told to the national tv station NOS that there has been contact on their next stay this winter.
The RVD does not comment on the statement nor on if Princess Mabel will join in too.

I wonder if Mabel or her children will join the rest of the family for their annual holiday at Lech?

Queen Beatrix,Princess Mabel and her daughters as well as Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien and their offspring went to see the Christmas circus at the Royal Theater Carré shortly before Christmas.

Princess Margriet and Pieter as well as Prince Pieter-Christiaan went to see the circus a few days prior too.

HM the Queen will host a new years reception for the dutch corporate world as well as dutch institutions and civilians who made significant contributions to Dutch society as well as globally on tuesday January 15th,Royal Palace,Amsterdam

On wednesday January 16th HM will hosts the New Years reception for the Corps Diplomatique as well as the International Institutions that have their HQ in The Netherlands.Royal Palace,Amsterdam.

Besides HM The Queen TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima
and Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will be in attendance on both occasions.

HM Queen Beatrix,TRH Princess Mabel,Prince Constantijn,Princess Laurentien and Mrs.Wisse-Smit,Princess Mabels mother and the Princesses sisters celebrated Christmas Eve together and attended a Christmas Service in the village of Blaricum that evening.

HM Queen Beatrix,TRH Princess Mabel,Prince Constantijn,Princess Laurentien and Mrs.Wisse-Smit,Princess Mabels mother and the Princesses sisters celebrated Christmas Eve together and attended a Christmas Service in the village of Blaricum that evening.

What is this Blaricum..Is this a traditional village like Sandringham or do they go randomly to different villages each year for Christmas? I know the Queen does to different towns each year for Koninginnedaag..

So Princess Mabel was not in the UK over Christmas. This is very interesting as I would have thought she would want to be near PRince Friso. An interesting decision to be in Holland, but it would give her daughters a sense of "normality" at least.....

What is this Blaricum..Is this a traditional village like Sandringham or do they go randomly to different villages each year for Christmas? I know the Queen does to different towns each year for Koninginnedaag..

Blaricum is just a village not far from Amsterdam,just that.
The RF doesn't do different villages or such each Christmas,no.
It had to do with celebrating Christmas Eve with Mabel and her
family.A good ,warm family gettogether in the festive season.
So,just the eve of the 24th,I didn't say all of Christmas.

I am from Singapore and wondering is there any visit schedule release for the State visit to Singapore by HM The Queen and The Prince and Princess of Orange from 24 to 25 January 2013?

I like to take leave from work to see them so any information will be appreciated. In Singapore, we do not get any prior info about Royal visit from our government except last year, when British High Commission here decided to release information for public to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when they were here on behalf of HM Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee.

HM hosted the annual Ambassadors conference at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam with most,if not all,ambassadors representing The Netherlands as well as Consul-Generals and the Foreign Office.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima as well as Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven were in attendance.

Royal Palace Amsterdam,monday january 14th.

The Royal Family attended a celebration for Queen Beatrix' 75th birthday with the ballet of Introdans in Utrecht today, February 1, 2013:

How nice to see Mabel with the Queen.

Great to see princess Mabel laughing. And also nice that all the van Vollenhovens attended (except prince Floris). This is the first time since ages that we see princess Anita again, so her health must have improved.

Is the Queen wearing the same outfit as she wore forthe abdication announcement?

--
A video of the arrival of the prince of Orange and princess Máxima. Willem-Alexander also said that it is an honour to suceed his mother and to serve the country.

http://www.rtl.nl/xl/#/u/c8d3291d-e268-4a27-9696-ce1697727e68

Last edited:
Great to see princess Mabel laughing. And also nice that all the van Vollenhovens attended (except prince Floris). This is the first time since ages that we see princess Anita again, so her health must have improved.

Lovely photo's of what looks to have been an enjoyable family gathering,really nice to see Princess Mabel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom