The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen
Harper pose for official photos at Palace Huis ten Bosch, in The Hague,
Friday, May 7, 2010. Harper is in the Netherlands for a three-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga/anp **

Queen Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen
Harper pose for official photos at Palace Huis ten Bosch, in The Hague,
Friday, May 7, 2010. Harper is in the Netherlands for a three-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga/anp **

Nice photos! Thanks for posting, Iceflower! It's good to see them looking so relaxed. Sometimes PM Harper seems a bit stiff in his photos, but not so in these pics. Gotta love the boyish grin! :)

Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem Alexander attended the presentation
of the Four Freedom Awards in the Nieuwe Kerk in Middelburg, May 29,
2010. The awards were presented to the European Court of Human
Rights, the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, Dr. Asma Jahangir from
Pakistan, Maurice Strong from Canada and Gareth Evans from Australia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Máxima wasn't there.. that's strange.
I don't know why.

Princess Máxima wasn't there.. that's strange.
I don't know why.

It is strange that the RVD did announce her presence at the ceremony and that she didn´t show up without a reason for her cancellation. The RVD has not commented so far.
On several Dutch internetsites there is speculation about the reason why Princess Máxima did not attend the Four Freedoms Awards in Middelburg. There is speculation about a possible fourth pregnancy and morning sickness...
Last year the Princess could not attend a public function because princess Ariane was taken to hospital in Apeldoorn. The RVD was very open about that. Now there is no comment but it can not be serious because the Queen and Prince Willem Alexander were smiling all the time.
Maybe I am reading too much into it, but a fourth pregnancy would not come as a complete surprise to me.
I do not want to speculate, but when it proves to be true I can at least say; I told you so! ;)

You can certainly say that when a 4th child wqill be on the way. Let's hope that is the reason indeed. It is rather odd that the RVD did not say anything about it though, I think this must have been the first time in recent years that a royal was absent without any comment from the RVD.

-
On a different note: I always enjoy seeing Carla Peijs (governor of Zeeland) and the Queen together. Both looking radiant btw.

Queen Beatrix and Princess Maxima attended the world premiere of
the dance opera "Pygmalion" at Carre theatre in Amsterdam, June
13, 2010. The opera is performed in the framework of the 63rd
Holland Festival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

i'm glad to see beatrix and maxima at this opera! i was going to go see it myself with the same company. now i'm even more encouraged!

I think you couldl class this as a whole family event.

PPE Agency Shopping

Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Princess Amalia went shopping in Stockholm.

Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander attended
the SAIL 2010 in Amsterdam today, August 22, 2010.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Koningin Beatrix is the best. In the dress military uniform, the Prince of Oranje looks somewhat overdressed in the context of such a small boat.

Thank you for the explanation....LOL!

Today,the last day of Sail 2010 HRH The Prince of Orange took the salute of the fleet from the "Groene Draeck",
Her Majesty and Princess Máxima were on board as well.It was hilarious as HM catched lettuce that was thrown,
she's a great catch..:D...and she deserved some fresh air after a difficult week and another one ahead.

http://english.sail2010.nl/

There have been 1,5 million people visiting the event these past 4 days that was held simultaniously with the annual Prinsengracht concert,the traditional concert along the Prinsengracht canal.

http://cultuurgids.avro.nl/front/detailklassiek.html?item=ab89c1d99c133e584a340c6cd4951781

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation....LOL!

Explanation?
If you're referring to the "Amsterdam" after the PPE Agency link, that always happens and I didn't remove it.

They all seemed to be enjoying the fresh air especially the Queen who looks really happy.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Princess Irene,Princess Margriet and Prof,mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven as well as
TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel as well as TH Prince Maurits,Prince Bernhard,
Prince Pieter-Christiaan,Prince Floris and Princess Aimée will attend the funeral of HRH Prince Carlos Hugo de Bourbon de Parme
on saturday august 28th at the S.Maria dell Steccata in Parma,Italy.

Princess Amalia and Princess Ariane visited the Breda Hippique at the Prinsenhoeve estate in Breda together with Queen Beatrix.

PPE Gallery

HM will attend the Breda Hippique Concour at the "Prinsenhoeve" estate,Breda today
and will also attend part of the "Farewell Moment" ,a festive event honouring the dutch
top partcipants of the World Concour Hippique in Kentucky USA this september.

This morning HM received informateur Ivo Opstelten at Huis ten Bosch Palace as he
gave HM his concluding report on the talks to form a cabinet.That collapsed thursday,
so,HM has to start all over again with appointing and/or talks with each fraction leader.

the cutest!!!:lol:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

What a brilliant idea to bring two of her granddaughters with her and
the cute girls behaved so well - these pics are really great to see! :)

Here are two nice big ones: ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** source **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom