The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchess of egypt View Post
i want to see thread about prince's day .because i am looking for dutch royals
events there is no thread and photos
just this link from hello magazine

High pomp as Dutch and Swedish royals open their parliaments
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
that's all if you find video or new photos
like dresses from royal princess in prince's day
Hi duchess of egypt, there is currently a thread - the one you are looking for is: Prinsjesdag 2008
Enjoy.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to Marc van der Linden in www.royalty-online.nl the Make a Difference Day of 2008 has been postponed from November to March 2009. This is done as the organisation will be working together with the Orange-fund ánd because the weather in March is usually somewhat better. MADD expects that the royals will turn up in March, as they did the last years when the event was organised in November.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Queensday/Koninginnedag 2009 will be held in the city of Apeldoorn. It will be a special day as it is the 100th birthday of the late Queen Juliana and the 70th birthday of Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Administrator

The NOS yesterday broadcasted a 45 minutes broadcast with the review of the royal year. The presenter must have mentioned abdication rumours, how WA is ready for it all, etc etc. 20 times at least. Bloody annoying IMHO. Anyway, the clips they show are nice to watch and it gives a somwhat different impressin of HM the Queen. This time we are able to hear a few things what she is saying i conversations with people that she meets, she is quite funny and charming.

Player omroep.nl
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Queen Beatrix, the Prince of Orange, Princess Maxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia, Princess Ariane, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Countess Luana and Countess Zaria attended a performance of the Great Christmas Circus on the Malieveld in The Hague this saturday. The royals were there on the invitation of the 'Friends of the Juliana Childrens Hospital', who made sure that 1 euro of each sold ticket will go to the hospital.

Picture: www.telegraaf.nl - fotovenster

Article in Dutch: Circus voor prinsesjes - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]
Old 12-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a pity that there are not more pictures of them! It would be so nice to see the children together again.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Friso - CEO of TNO Space and Aeronautical Engineering in Delft
Princess Mabel - director of The Elders in London
Prince Constantijn - Head Information and Politics Team RAND Europe in Brussels
Princess Laurentien - Independent communication adviser in Brussels
Old 12-31-2008, 04:42 AM
Royal Highness

Book claims Aitken is of royal blood
Book claims Aitken is of royal blood | Mail Online
Old 01-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Book claims Aitken is of royal blood
Book claims Aitken is of royal blood | Mail Online
Oh,that filanderer,he would wish.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Dutch royals wish Obama "all the best"
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Dutch royals wish Obama "all the best"
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Gossip magazine Prive has an article on the cover that Queen Betrix and her sons lost half their fortune due to Bernhard Madoff. Apparenlty some mroe serious media copied the information, which made the RVD to comment the following:

'Usually the RVD does not comment on the private fortune of the Royal Family. But now serious media like firtsly the Algemeen Handelsblad copy the lies of Prive, including insunuations related to people, the RVD needs to say that the article was a lie from A to Z.'

Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Commoners Welcome to Marry Into Dutch Royal Family, First in Europe to Allow Women to Ascend to Throne

Quote:
When Her Majesty Queen Beatrix "by the Grace of God Queen of the Netherlands" celebrated her 70th birthday earlier this year, the Dutch press was feverish with speculation about whether she would abdicate.
However, the birthday came and went and there's still no sign that the monarch is going to retire, thus giving her oldest son, Prince Willem-Alexander, and her daughter-in-law, Princess Maxima, more time to prepare for their eventual takeover of the throne.
ABC News: Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Old 02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Commoners Welcome to Marry Into Dutch Royal Family, First in Europe to Allow Women to Ascend to Throne

ABC News: Modern Monarchs: Meet the Glamorous Dutch Royals
Thank you for posting this link, Al_bina! I had no idea that the Dutch Royal Family were featured in an American media website. I am so pleased to see that ABC featured a story about them. I know so many people in the US who have no idea that there is even a royal family in the Netherlands. I have a friend who moved to the US from Argentina 8 years ago, who has never heard of Maxima, and didn't believe me when I told her that the Crown Princess of the Netherlands was from Argentina. This was a very nice article.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

well I've learnt something - I didnt know the princesses are not going to be addressed as "royal highness" until they're 18.
Nor did I know that the Dutch were the first to allow women on the throne.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Well, the article is wrong about women on the throne. There were women on thrones long before the Netherlands actually existed as 1 united country (Elizabeth I of England for example), and our fiorst female reigning monarch would be Queen Wilhelmina, under the regency of her mother Emma in 1890, long after Queen Victoria, Queen Anne, Queen Mary etc. of the UK, Isabel I and II of Spain, Christina of Sweden, etc. etc.

I suppose van der Linden could mean that in 1983 equal succession laws were implemented for males and females, but this was only after Sweden passed such a law in 1980.

About the HRH: that the PoO and princess Maxima don't want their children to be adressed as HRH now is hardly something new, I have a hard time imagining if the Norwegian courtiers adress Ingrid Alexandra as HRH when speaking to her for example. The website of the RH does use HRH for them though.

Since the article is based on an interview with the editor of a gossip magazine these mistakes were to be expected. I guess the mistakes were meant to illustrate their main point., which is how close to the people, down to earth, democratic etc. the Dutch monarchy is? The commoner-thing is also a bi bogus considering most commoners entered the royal families in the generation of the current monarchs.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator

According to royalty-online HM and the prince of Orange DID attend the funeral of Caspar Graf von Oeynhausen. They flew to the airport of Paderborn, so the family was not snowed in.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Dutch Royals attended the ceremony of the Militaire Willems-Orde, The Hague, 29-05-2009.
PPE Agency

Pics from Belga
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ge/967951.html

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ge/967936.html
Old 05-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

HM the queen has been wearing that small diamond and sapphirre necklace a lot recently. Maybe something she just re-discovered? She wore it in the 60-ties but after that the first time we saw it again was when she visited Fürst Wittikind of Waldeck-Pyrmont in Bad Arolsen, a year ago or so. A nice ceremony, the first new knight since WWII I think (though a Polish regiment received one recently). Nice that HM is wearing the small pin of the Willems order. AFAIK she only wore the Willems order once, during her enthronement.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?m...=13654&flush=1
http://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=363
Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It looked like a very lovely ceremony. Has Willem-Alexander received this order as well (it is difficult to see if he is wearing it or not)?

Tags
crown prince willem-alexander, pieter van vollenhoven, prince bernhard jr., prince constantijn, prince floris, prince friso, prince maurits, prince pieter-christiaan, princess aimee, princess anita, princess annette, princess christina of the netherlands, princess irene (1939 - ), princess laurentien, princess mabel, princess margriet, princess marilene, princess maxima, queen beatrix