The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 1 (June 2003 - May 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i just loved the whole outfit. judging by the first pictures it seemed boring, but now the whole looks so so good. i think it's weird to see her all in black, but dark colours really suit her. the hat is lovely, but i think the problem is that it's too pushed up. marilene looked gorgeous as well, really elegant combining black and white. it's also very nice to see they both have a good relationship. i wonder why marilene accompained maxima, does marilene have patronages? if so, any patronages have to do with art?

carlota said:
wow, i just loved the whole outfit. judging by the first pictures it seemed boring, but now the whole looks so so good. i think it's weird to see her all in black, but dark colours really suit her. the hat is lovely, but i think the problem is that it's too pushed up. marilene looked gorgeous as well, really elegant combining black and white. it's also very nice to see they both have a good relationship. i wonder why marilene accompained maxima, does marilene have patronages? if so, any patronages have to do with art?

Marilene also was involved in promoting the so-called 'vriendenpas' of the Rijksmuseum. She went to an art fair in the south of the Netherlands to promote it too. There are some pictures of that event in the Maurits & Marilene thread, I think. :)

purple_platinum said:
1 more of Marilene with Maxima from ANP

Thanks for that one, purple! I was secretly hoping you would post it without the watermark. ;)

Maxima looks great! I think that when she woke up she was missing a little bit Argentina because the whole outfit reminds me of tango, specially the hat.

Yes, she does look great. I don't care so much for the boots though. love her hat!

What a great treat to see Maxima and Marilene out together. This is a rare pairing of the two Dutch M princesses aside from entire Dutch royal family gatherings or occasions (like Queen's Day)!

Maxima usually performs royal duties alone if not with her husband. And the rare occasions Marilene does perform royal duties, she is with her husband or with her van Vollenhoven sisters in law. I hope we'll get to see more pairings like this one in the future such as Laurentien with Annette or Laurentien with Marilene.

wow! this is a rare treat indeed. it

so rare to see her with Marilene. they seem to get along which is great.

marilene is the most popular princess in holland after maxima so its cool to see them "combine forces."

marilene still has a very special place in many hearts (mine included) because she was the first princess.

Maxima looked great. Her boots are to die for. I personlly love black no matter what the occassion and she looks great in it.

Larzen said:
She looks like Inspector Gadget in mourning:p

:D Yeah, I agree!

Except for the boots (very stylish indeed), Maxima's outfit is too dramatic for the occasion, IMO. I also hate the hat. She looks happy and relaxed.
Marilene is very elegant, I like her white coat a lot.

from DPA (without watermark)

HRH Princess Maxima on Wednesday March 15 , 2006 , at the National Museum of Amsterdam Rijksmuseum because Princess Maxima got the first vriendenpas a pass to become a friend of the museum.

photos by Albert Nieboer

Attachments

• 051201_4.jpg
    051201_4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 052601_4.jpg
    052601_4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 053001_4.jpg
    053001_4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 053301_4.jpg
    053301_4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 053501_4.jpg
    053501_4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 054001_4.jpg
    054001_4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 055401_4.jpg
    055401_4.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 136
Princess Marilene Left and Maxima leave the National Museum of Amsterdam Rijksmuseum on Wednesday March 15 , 2006 , after Princess Maxima got there the first vriendenpas a pass to become a friend of the museum.

from DPA, photo by Albert Nieboer

Attachments

• 2499408-ANP-max-groot.jpg
    2499408-ANP-max-groot.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 113
  • AP678948.jpg
    AP678948.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 111
  • AP678949.jpg
    AP678949.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 130
  • AP678950.jpg
    AP678950.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Do you think that Laurentien is rubbing on Maxima? *shudders* I love Laurentien but her choices of attire are...well...creative (to be kind), I wish it could have been the other way around (Maxima rubbing on Laurentien);) :D

I'm not sure about Maxima's hat but I do like the rest of the outfit.

Maxima looks great :D !!!!!! Is a charming princess ;)

Why oh why doesn't she (Maxima) learn that long, lose hair and hats don't work together??? The boots are horrible as well.

Marilene looks ok, but typically 'Pauw' (a shop where society ladies buy clothes).

Anyway, it is nice to see that Maxima supports the initiative of Princess Marilene (in becoming a 'friend' of the Rijksmuseum). I believe Marilene works for the musueum now btw, 3 days a week.

Good news: Palace Soestdijk will be opened for the public this summer, according to Minister Dekker. AND it is said on the Benelux Royals MB that the palace will remain the royal status afterwards!!!! Let's keep our fingres crossed!

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Good news: Palace Soestdijk will be opened for the public this summer, according to Minister Dekker. AND it is said on the Benelux Royals MB that the palace will remain the royal status afterwards!!!! Let's keep our fingres crossed!

What do you mean that the palace will remail royal status afterward?
Could you please explain this.
Thank you,
Linda 85:)

Well, it could (not the uncertainty there) mean that a member of the RF will move in there. At least it means they won't make it a horrible conference building/ hotel etc etc.

Marengo said:

Is this the first time the palace has been opened up for tours?

Yes, before it was a private residence of Queen Juliana. As she and Bernhard lived in seperate wings the entire palace was used, so not much space left for visitors ;)

The Queen, the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima will attend the 60th birthday of the King of Sweden in Stockholm :)

I just heard on the Dutch news that Soestdijk palace will be open for public for at least the next 3 years. After that, its future is still uncertain, since they royal family isn't likely to go and live there as the minister on tv said... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom