The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 1 (June 2003 - May 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marianne provided the information on the benelux royals MB, with a link about the year, which I attach here as well. She informed us about the visit, I assume she found it in this link (she is usually very correct in these things), however I am unable to do the same.

link: http://www.nederland-australie2006.nl

Thanks for all the info. Marengo!! :) What would we do without you keeping us informed of the latest happenings with the Dutch RF?

I'm looking forward to all of these state visits - it's so nice to see the tiaras and gowns and maybe a glittering jewel or two.

It's been a long time since there's been a visit from England I think?

Queen Elizabeth II was here for the William & Mary year in 1988, which was quite spectacular for dutch standards (I remember a picture of the royal party sitting on the terrace of Palace het Loo, watching fireworks). Her last statevisit, I believe was in the days of Juliana, when Beatrix was around 20 y/o (don't know the exact year). So thats a long time ago. I remember Juliana put on her best jewels for QEII, which looked quite spectacular (the Stuart diamdeme especially).

I am especially looking forward to the belgian one. Hopefully the crownprince and princess Maxima will join the Queen in Brussels.

i just found this pics in http://www.fotovantellingen.nl/ database of maxima and laurentien together going out of huis ten bosch palace some days before christmas (the 18th of december to be exact). i personally love to see that they have such a good relationship and love maxima's skirt... :)

Thanks for the nice pics Carlota! Laurentien seems to get along well with everyone by the sounds of it - both in the Dutch RF & in royal families from other countries. I think that speaks volumes about the kind of person she is.

Prior to joining this Forum, I had very little knowledge of the Dutch Royal Family but they are quickly becoming my favorite family!

Marengo said:
Queen Elizabeth II was here for the William & Mary year in 1988, which was quite spectacular for dutch standards (I remember a picture of the royal party sitting on the terrace of Palace het Loo, watching fireworks). Her last statevisit, I believe was in the days of Juliana, when Beatrix was around 20 y/o (don't know the exact year). So thats a long time ago. I remember Juliana put on her best jewels for QEII, which looked quite spectacular (the Stuart diamdeme especially).

Can you find a picture (if it's not too much trouble)? I never can find the good ones like other members can!

Well I have the same problem, couldn't find it on Corbis, so...:( But sometimes they post it on one of the message boards, so I will keep my eyes open and when they do, I will repost it here...

Here's a couple of pics...

Queen Juliana and Queen Elizabeth II
courtesy Royal Images (Capital Photos)

QJulianaEIIR.jpg

Queen Juliana and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
courtesy AFP Getty Images

QueenJulianaTheQueenMother.jpg

Princess Maxima reacts in front of Dutch master Rembrandt van Rijn's painting the Night Watch, after she was presented with the first issue of a special pass by R. de Leeuw, unseen, director of the Rijskmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Wednesday March 15, 2006

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
another picture from today's event from anp :)

AMSTERDAM - Prinses Maxima ontvangt woensdag voor de Nachtwacht een Vriendenpas uit handen van Ronald de Leeuw, hoofddirecteur van het Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. De prinses is hiermee de eerste Vriend van het Rijksmuseum. Cultuurliefhebbers krijgen door een Vriendenpas aan te schaffen extra voordelen rond toegang en activiteiten van het museum. ANP PHOTO BENELUX PRESS LEX VAN LIESHOUT

and (offtopic) in case someone is interested here is a better picture of the painting of rembrandt maxima is standing in front: http://www.epdlp.com/fotos/rembrandt9.jpg

and an analysis of it (spanish): http://www.selectividad.tv/S_A_1_2_2_S_la_ronda_de_noche_de_rembrandt.html

i think rembrandt is great. it's nice that they chose that picture to pose at. i wonder if all the photos taken won't damage the quality of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
:) larzen, you made me laugh with inspector gadget...
i kind of like the hat. i really appreciated it didn't have big flowers in it, lol. i think these kind of simple hats suit her a lot more and they are much more elegant. i really want to see a full picture of the rest of the outfit! :)

the hat is a bit high on top. making that part of it look like a smokestack but for the rest I think its a lovely hat. the line of the edge is very elegant.

the suit is great too.

Bruno Press & Polfoto

Last edited:
more from PPE

th_31801_06031513.jpg

i don't know what to say about Maxima's outfit.. she's been wearing black way too often these days. at 1st glance, i thought she looked like a funky witch.. :D

I love her boots. However, I do agree that it's weird seeing her all in black.

i love maxima's clothes because they are fun and unusual and she has the style to pull it off. I was wondering if someone in her family died and she's in a mourning period because this is the second "event" she's been all in black, remember the christening. I think she looks beautiful but just seems unusual for her bright personality.

I like her style for today so much..the boots are gorgeous ;)

Thanks for the pictures, all! I love her outfit (especially the boots) but I still think the hat is weird. ;)

like maxima's alphet....dont like the hat....also like marilene.

from PPE

15-03-2006 - Rijksmuseum
Princess Marilene accompany Princess Maxima, who received vriendenpas out of the hands of Ronald de Leeuw of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
And here are three new ones from ANP! I especially like the one with Marilene (who looked great, btw)!

(Thanks to purple_platinum for the pics without watermark! :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom