The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skiing is so dangerous. Just before the news about Princess Alexia, a very prominent American hotelier/chef was killed in a skiing accident. I don't understand the sport and am quite happy no one in my family is a fan.

I hope the little Princess recovers quickly without any permanent damage.

This family sadly knows better than most that skiing can be dangerous. Thankfully it was a broken leg and she will recover, she is young and has the best care.

It's also easier for a kid to heal a broken bone quicker than an adult. My friend's had a spiral fracture of his leg when he was 11 and the doctor said if adult had the same type of injury it would take a long time to recover but he got off with just a cast and didn't need pins or plates put in.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Children's broken bones heal faster because their bones are still growing (lengthening). Their bones continue to grow until they 'cap,' which for girls is about age 20-21. For guys it's around ages 23-25.

Oh no! A thigh bone is a very hard bone to break to it must have been a very serious accident. Poor baby.
I still have two pages to catch up on this thread, but this post expresses my first thought exactly. Hope the Princess makes a good recovery.

https://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalbl...ss-alexia-staying-in-hospital-in-austria.html

Princess Alexia staying in hospital in Austria

Princess Alexia has just been discharged from hospital and her parents left the hospital. She's doing well. Princess will now continue to work on her rehabilitation. They will walk on crutches for the next time.

Prinses Alexia breekt been (3) | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis

https://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalbl...ss-alexia-under-assumed-name-in-hospital.html

Princess Alexia under assumed name in hospital.

https://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalbl...s-alexia-unsure-for-this-years-kings-day.html

Princess Alexia unsure for this year's King's Day

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Good to hear. May she have a swift recovery. :)

Great to hear! Hope she gets well soon.

Happy she is home. She will be much happier and more comfortable at home then in a hospital. And that should help her recover faster. She will of course have the best medical/rehab care possible.

The Princess broke her leg on the last day of her vacations. This means that most likely the King, the Princess of Orange and Princess Ariane were in the Netherlands, the past few days.

in Austria Princess Alexia was probably joined by her mother Queen Máxima and her grandmother Princess Beatrix. Luckily all went well.

I would be surprised if she wasn't part of it. 2 months to recover. She may not be fully recovered but she should be doing much better. And its not a strenuous physical event. I think she will take part even if just for some:flowers:

Princess Alexia had a surgery today to remove plate and screws that were previously implanted after the fracture suffered last February while she was skiing in Lech.
The surgery went well.

Prinses Alexia geopereerd

Wonderful pictures. So to see the photoshoot was organized at the tea pavillion and the bath house in the park of Het Loo Palace (picture). I think Princess Catharina-Amalia is going to be a beautifil ravissante blonde!

Bath House and Tea Pavillion

Last edited:
Woudn't be a dutch look with blue eyes?

That is more a Nordic look: blond and blue eyes. Think of Mette Marit. While you bump against countless blondes in Scandinavian streets, in the Netherlands it is not thát blonde. Especially not in the big cities, where original Dutchies are more and more outnumbered by fellow citizens with foreign roots.

I love that they are not in matching dresses! They look great

That is more a Nordic look: blond and blue eyes. Think of Mette Marit. While you bump against countless blondes in Scandinavian streets, in the Netherlands it is not thát blonde. Especially not in the big cities, where original Dutchies are more and more outnumbered by fellow citizens with foreign roots.
I had been in all The Netherlands between 1994 to 1996 and I remember the really blond blue eyes like KWA but as you said now may be changed with so many foreign citizens!

Lovely Princesses and they are all grown up. The pictures are sweet.

Love photos of these three sisters. Very attractive. There is just something about the youngest that just makes me smile. I just bet she will be the one in future years that will enhance the Dutch citizens. She has a bit of the imp in her eyes which I think makes her fun to be around. I look forward to watching them develop and the track their lives take.

Love photos of these three sisters. Very attractive. There is just something about the youngest that just makes me smile. I just bet she will be the one in future years that will enhance the Dutch citizens. She has a bit of the imp in her eyes which I think makes her fun to be around. I look forward to watching them develop and the track their lives take.

Of the three girls she resembles her uncle Constantijn and her late grandfather prince Claus the most.

Those are beautiful photos of the AAA's, they have grown up so much! It's nice to see them wearing different dresses too. I think Alexia looks a lot like Maxima, especially when she smiles; whereas Amalia and Ariane look more like WA (but Ariane also has some resemblance to Maxima, IMO).

I have a question concerning Katharina Amalia; yesterday I was on tube and spottet a man reading a (german) newspaper. I saw there was an article that the P of Orange would be mobbed at school due to her overweight. Anyone heard this is true?!

I have not read or heard any such articles yet in Dutch media. After King's Day 2016 (last April) there were some nasty tweets about the appearance of the Princess but that was the usual trolling all public persons seem to have to endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom