The Prince of Orange, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wub: Really two wonderful pics. I just love Catharina-Amalia's smile, she'll surely be a great Queen one day...

They are lovely but i wish we could see Ariane better. I love how Amalia is leaning into Queen Beatrix it is so sweet. Alexia is gorgeous she always looks annoyed to see the camera:wub:

Special site to mark the 40th birthday of HRH The Prince of Orange

The Royal House has launched a special website, which will extend in the coming period.

See this link.

Hopefully an English translation will follow soon.

I have a question for a native speaker of Dutch. On the link that Henri provided to the Prince's web site there is a section called Felicitatieregister. What does it mean is this a place where I can send a birthday message or something else? Also if it is a place where I can send a message can I write in English or would that be frowned upon? :ermm: I hate not knowing the language.

This is a congratulations book, so to speak. Yes, you may wish him a happy birthday here. And yes, you certainly may write in english. The dutch are a very open people, and accept pretty much anyone and everything within reason, and know that unless you were born in or lived in, or have ties to the Dutch, you will not speak the language. I am sure that they will be thrilled to recieve congratulation in any language.

There was also a "felicitatie register" for the birth of each of the princesses, and people wrote in English, French, Dutch, Spanish and any number of other languages!

Empress said:
This is a congratulations book, so to speak. Yes, you may wish him a happy birthday here. And yes, you certainly may write in english. The dutch are a very open people, and accept pretty much anyone and everything within reason, and know that unless you were born in or lived in, or have ties to the Dutch, you will not speak the language. I am sure that they will be thrilled to recieve congratulation in any language.

There was also a "felicitatie register" for the birth of each of the princesses, and people wrote in English, French, Dutch, Spanish and any number of other languages!

Thank you very much, Empress.

Felicitatie register

The Dutch verb feliciteren comes from the latin word felicitatem (nom. felicitas) which means "wishing happiness".
This is a derivation from felix (gen. felicis) "happy, fortunate"

The Dutch expression 'hartelijk gefeliciteerd!' means: '(my) heartfelt wishes for (your) happiness!'

:flowers:

So the word felicitatie register means: 'registry with wishes for happiness'

Last edited:
Yes, it was a success, I sent my birthday wishes to the prince. Although I must admit I needed a little help from a translator at dictionary.com

Thanks for the link, although I see that it is only in dutch. I tried converting it to enlish but it hasn't been updated. Can anyone say what kinds of questions were asked?

I will do two, maybe the other dutch members will do a few too.

28 what does the prince like the most about his job?
The prince finds it a privilage to meet different people and organisations.

37 What time does the prince have to go to bed according to his mother?
The prince is 40 years old, He therefore descides himself what time he goes to sleep. When you do not have to go to school anymore you are allowed to descide for yourself

Kelly said:
Thanks for the link, although I see that it is only in dutch. I tried converting it to enlish but it hasn't been updated. Can anyone say what kinds of questions were asked?

susan alicia said:
I will do two, maybe the other dutch members will do a few too.

28 what does the prince like the most about his job?
The prince finds it a privilage to meet different people and organisations.

37 What time does the prince have to go to bed according to his mother?
The prince is 40 years old, He therefore descides himself what time he goes to sleep. When you do not have to go to school anymore you are allowed to descide for yourself

Questions 31 to 40 are from kids:

31 Which is the favorite childrens book of the Prince?

The Prince loves to read to his daughters,but they determine the choice.Nijntje ( little rabbit),Gruffalo and (dutch author)Annie M.G.Schmidt are the girls favorites and have to be read over and over again..:wub:

32 When will he become King?

The only one who knows the answer to that question is The Queen.

33 How many swimming certificates does the Prince have?

He has A and B,and skill certificate 1 and 2 as well as a 3 star CMAS diving/rescue license.

34 Does the Prince ever ride a bicycle?

The Prince and Princess Máxima love outings on their bikes while taking Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia along,but mostly in weekends only,they love the nearby kids animal farm.

35 What's the Princes lucky number?

He doesn't really have a lucky number but if he had to name one it would be 2 because he got married to Princess Máxima on 02-02-02.

36 Could the Prince come and visit us at home some day?

The Prince would love to visit all the children,but with sooo many in the Netherlands,that will not work,unfortunately.

38 Which annimals does the Prince like best?

He loves horses most of all,and like his mother The Queen,loves riding them.

39 How many children would the Prince like to have?

The Prince and Princess have 3 beautifull daughters now and they are very happy with them.The Prince strongly believes one always has to cherish what you've got....:rolleyes:

Thanks susan alicia and lucien for translating some of the questions.
The questions from the kids were cute, especially the one about his bedtime :wub: Though it does give one a funny image of Queen Beatrix checking on the prince to see if he is in bed ;)

It reminds me of one of the threads in the Norwegian forum, can't remember which one, but Princess Martha Louise answered some questions from kids after the birth of Leah (I think it was Leah), and they were just as adorable questions.

But thanks again guys!

by the birthday of Willem-Alexander there are photos other years?
It is by knowing if we will return to see the children

As this thread has reached 10 pages, it will be closed. Thank you for all of your posts, and enjoy posting information in the new therad, which can be found here.

Happy Posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom