The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I actually wonder, do normal fathers have any days of maternaty leave here in The Netherlands? I wouldn't have minded him to stay at home for a few days. Must be dangerous for him to go away so quickly. I read some funny articles in newspapers about people who have several daugheters. Apparently they are already forming new coalitions against him . And then Carmen Cerruti is at Eikenhorst to, which shouldn't help the case of this (self-claimed) 'cockerel'.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Courtier

27 april will W-A celebrate his 40th birthday. NOS Actueel will broadcast the program "Portrait of a prince, Willem-Alexander 40" (Portret van een Prins, Willem-Alexander 40). It will focus on the prince as father, crown prince and water manager. The NOS followed the prince with the camera during 1 year. They even filmed in the garden of Villa Eikenhorst, with the prince playing with his daughters.

Picture of W-A, Maxima, Amalia and Alexia in the garden: http://www.vorsten.nl/img.db?9894

Portret van een Prins, Willem-Alexander 40
NOS Actueel
Nederland 1
27 april 2007, 20.30 - 22.30

Info + picture: NOS

Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Thanks!!Look forward to it.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the info The Watcher! Do you know if they will put the program online?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

anp

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

The Crownprince looks great! It seems he likes to be father. His smile is really bright every time that his wife gives birth!

Vanesa.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Administrator

And he obviously enjoyed he sunshine of last weekend, a modest tan makes one look much more healthy...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Courtier

The RVD announced today, that the prince will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and members of foreign royal houses at Palace Het Loo on saturday 1 September 2007.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The RVD announced today, that the prince will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and members of foreign royal houses at Palace Het Loo on saturday 1 September 2007.
Absolutely great news indeed!

Reason for the belated birthday gala is the birth of wee Ariane,as the Prince celebrates his 40th birthday next week friday april 27th,but he will celebrate that day within his family circle.

Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

HRH The Prince of Orange opens a Wind Farm

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange has opened a Wind Farm with 36 turbines in the North Sea, opposite the beach of Egmond aan Zee (province North-Holland). The turbines generate electricity.

The Prince with children during the opening ceremony 1

The Prince with children during the opening ceremony 2

The Prince blows in a little windmill

The Prince in front of two little windmills

Artists performing on the beach 1

The Prince watches the performance and poses for photographers

Artists performing at the beach 2
Old 04-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

Palace Het Loo

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange will celebrate his 40th birthday (April 27th) on Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn (province Guelders, east of the Netherlands). This will happen 5 months after his birthday actually: September 1st.

The location is this beautiful palace: see picture (click on the picture for bigger size).

The palace has a museal function these days, but can be used by the royal family whens requested. But large royal gatherings usually always have taken place in Amsterdam or The Hague. Two exceptions were the visit of Queen Elizabeth II in 1988, the Queen's 60th birthday in 1998 and now the coming grand celebration of Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday. The Queen uses the medieaeval castle on the same estate (hidden in the woods) as a weekend retreat.

In 1986 Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Palace Het Loo for a diner and fireworks in the style of William & Mary.

Group picture: (click on the picture for bigger size) Pieter van Vollenhoven - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - HM Queen Beatrix - HM Queen Elizabeth II - HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands - HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands - HRH The Prince of Orange

At the table: (click on the picture for bigger size) Premier Ruud Lubbers - unknown lady - HRH The Prince of Orange - HM Queen Elizabeth II (with blanketing powder on her face) - HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

Reconstruction (click on the picture for bigger size) of a fireworks displayed for William & Mary (note that the large park was illuminated by thousands of candles!)

The diner company enjoying the fireworks on the palace's steps
Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Courtier

Wow! those are amazing pics!!! I haven't see the Het Loo Palace...Is absolutelly amazing!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Is there anything else made public about this celebration? I assume it will be a private one, but will any foreign royals be invited? I wonder if they will give a ball there, I believe the present restaurant used to be a ballroom, before the restauration.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Courtier

That is sooooo exciting! Lots of royals, tiaras, dresses, jewels, hopefully all the kids... wonderful news indeed! I can't wait!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

Cadeau to the Prince of Orange

We never ever have seen images of a birthday to the Prince of Orange. Yes, guests entering and leaving, but never how it looked inside.

In this picture you see one of the rare pictures of a cadeau: the Prince receives his 1985-birthday present, a 4,5 years old gelding, called 'Zender'. The location is the Royal Mews at the Crown Estate Het Loo. (see picture).
Old 04-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Is there anything else made public about this celebration? I assume it will be a private one, but will any foreign royals be invited? I wonder if they will give a ball there, I believe the present restaurant used to be a ballroom, before the restauration.
Yes,members of Reigning- and non Reigning Houses have been invited as well as family and friends.The restaurant used to be a ballroom,build during the Reign of Queen Wilhelmina,but was still used as such several times,one I know off was the (costumed-)wedding ball of Maurits and Marilène,HM made an entrance as the Fairy-Queen,all in blue and gold and a magic stick in her hand... .

I'm sure there will be a Ball again,but probably in the Audience Hall on the first floor.No further details are known yet,it's still early day.I've posted the announcement of the RF website on the calendar.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I'm waiting for this event! I imagine how wonderful it ill be. Specially for I love Royal Balls' .

And of course, I suppose that the Orange girls will be there...As well as their lovely cousins, I hope!

Vanesa.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

New portrait of the princely family!

Two wonderful portraits on ANP, I don't know the location where the picture was made.
Most likely it was made on the royal domain De Horsten, where the Prince and Princess live in De Eikenhorst.
Or it was made on the Queen's weekend retreat, Het Oude Loo.

Both pictures show:
HRH the Hereditary Princess of Orange
HM the Queen
HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Ariane of the Netherlands
HRH the Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands

Picture 1

Picture 2
Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Two wonderful portraits on ANP, I don't know the location where the picture was made.

Picture 1

Picture 2
Are these the first photos of the family? Lovely ones indeed; thank you Henri. Amalia reminds me of Princess Beatrice at that age.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
Are these the first photos of the family? Lovely ones indeed; thank you Henri. Amalia reminds me of Princess Beatrice at that age.
Yes. The first official pictures of the Queen with the Oranges with their newest sprout.

I like it how close the Queen is to her grandchildren. Like on this unforgettable picture (with Lady Joanna Zaria & Lady Emma Luana)

Closed Thread