The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely photo. Great to see them all together.

It's great to see this event happening and to get to see a picture of it! Over these years that I have followed maxima, her friendship with Mathilde, letizia, mette marit, Victoria, Mary and the HGDuke, just to name a few, seems obvious, so it's very becoming that as the first heirs to rise to the throne they organise a get-together with their counterparts. I'm sure WA bonds equally well with them also or otherwise Maxima wouldn't be so close. There's obvious friendship between them.

I wonder if we will get to know more about the meeting and if so hope so!

I'm also happy to see letizia and Felipe there. They are not usually keen on attending these kind of gathering but clearly their friendship with their hosts made them reconsider.

Shame about MM and Frederik but surely they must have had other business to attend to. (I don't think flying is an issue to MM nowadays anymore, so I think the reason for her not to attend is more "official")

Wonderful picture, too bad that Frederik and Mette-Marit weren't able to attend (and I would also, secretly, have liked for Mary and Haakon to stand together now that their spouses couldn't attend). It's also really lovely to see Guillaume and Stéphanie there. Too bad Charles and Camilla weren't there either, I know they're a great deal older than the majority of these couples, but it still would have been great to see Britain represented.

Great picture and a lovely gesture by all. So nice to see Letizia and Felipe there together. Miss seeing Frederick and MM though. For some reason I just find it weird to see the HGD there. Don't know why since they are their country's heirs. Just not used to it I guess. Nice that they were there though. I'm sure years from now they will look back on this with fond memories. I can only imagine what their children will say about it!

Thanks for the picture. Is this a yearly event that the couple host? & what is the purpose of it? Also, how many days and where do WA & Maxima host the Crown Princes?

Not an annual event no,but the CP couples meet several times a year just because they are friends too...And because they all are in the same position and face the same in most regards and exchange their experiences as only they can as they're all in the same boat.That is the main reason for these meetings too,besides the friendship.
They meet either here,or in Stockholm or anywhere where either one of them lives really.

But this weekend they host at Het Oude Loo castle,adjacent to Het Loo Palace.HM met all of them there too yesterday,after she visited an exhibition on her at the Palace.They're here for the weekend,most that is.

And this time ofcourse is a bit special as Alexander will be the first of the present generation to ascend the Throne.Most will be back on april 30th btw.:flowers:

Last edited:
Not an annual event no,but the CP couples meet several times a year just because they are friends too...And because they all are in the same position and face the same in most regards and exchange their experiences as only they can as they're all in the same boat.That is the main reason for these meetings too,besides the friendship.

I think, this is a really, really great step..... I remember, Queen Silvia once had this cushion next to her in one interview: "It is not easy being a Queen"..... and having this position is not easy for anyone, as there is no "Handbook for being a Royal" in any of their libraries. So sharing information and talking about common issues between those equals is the perfect way to do it.

Great, that Felipe and Letizia joined as well, even if they had to leave earlier.

BYe Bine

I forgot to mention, but can this indicate that that Crown Princely Couples will attend the Investure Ceremony? I think right now, it seems likeable.
Perhaps it indicates that the crown prince couples will NOT attend the Investure Ceremony?
From what I have read so far it is going to be an event with very little royal splendor (bus instead of golden coach etc.) Perhaps there will be no foreign royals present and they were invited to this private weekend event instead?

I never before read of a gathering of so many cp couples without a special reason. So I doubt this is some sort of a club-meeting which happens/happened regularly.

Haakon på fest i Nederland - uten Mette-Marit - Side2
Translation

Maybe the heirs and their spouses have had these gatherings before but they haven't published any photos? The times change and also the information policies of the courts. I assume many of the royal pairs are good friends with eachother. When prince Pieter-Christiaan visited the World Water Week in Sweden last year, he said at an interview in Kungliga magasinet, that the Dutch royals have good relationships with the swedish royals, and that Willem-Alexander, Maxima, Victoria and Daniel are extremely good friends.

We know of private meetings between singular royals (through media reports) and we know of friendships between royals (through interviews). And I have no doubt they are all getting on well with each other, you can see it in the pictures and videos.

But I doubt that so many well known royals can meet privately at any place without the media taking notice of it at least once in a while over the years (I am member of this board since 2005).

I think, with today's technology it is possible to establish or maintain friendship or at least stay in contact without meeting each other regularly.

Last edited:
Perhaps it indicates that the crown prince couples will NOT attend the Investure Ceremony?
From what I have read so far it is going to be an event with very little royal splendor (bus instead of golden coach etc.) Perhaps there will be no foreign royals present and they were invited to this private weekend event instead?

I never before read of a gathering of so many cp couples without a special reason. So I doubt this is some sort of a club-meeting which happens/happened regularly.

They WILL attend the ceremonies.never the Monarchs,always the CP's and other Royals.like fi in 1980 there were CP harald and his Sonja,Henri of luxembourg still solo,and Charles of Wales,to name a few.

These CP gatherings with the bunch you see take place since several years and at different locations.Always at a palace or castle and always out of public view...even out of view for TRF...haha...Great!No,no special reason other then I already explained really,it happened all the time,it's just it will be the last time for Alexander and Máxima.That's all:)

They WILL attend the ceremonies.never the Monarchs,always the CP's and other Royals.like fi in 1980 there were CP harald and his Sonja,Henri of luxembourg still solo,and Charles of Wales,to name a few.
If any foreign royals attend I am sure it will be the CP couples. And I hope they will attend.

These CP gatherings with the bunch you see take place since several years and at different locations.Always at a palace or castle and always out of public view...even out of view for TRF...haha...Great!No,no special reason other then I already explained really,it happened all the time,it's just it will be the last time for Alexander and Máxima.That's all:)
I am sorry, but I simply don't believe it. :flowers:
I don't believe that all those couples can gather and there is no mentioning at all in any media of any country in all those years. I don't mean pictures or so, just mentioning (the arrivals, the departures,.. someone must have seen someone at some time etc.)
I can't speak for all couples but I am pretty sure the Danish media would have mentioned it if any such gatherings really happened. E.g. The CP couple of Dk attended a hunt in the Netherlands in 2004. It was not official, there were no pictures as proof, but still the media reported it.

Last edited:
If any foreign royals attend I am sure it will be the CP couples. And I hope they will attend.

I am sorry, but I simply don't believe it. :flowers:

Then,that is your problem.These meetings have been going on ever since they couples got to be couples,before that the boys and Victoria also met on a regular basis for the heck of it and to be on equal terms in experiences et tout.Nothing special...an dthat the holy press never knows.well,the press is neither holy nor omnipotent in all cases,not even in todays hyped-up over nothing world...grin...as now,and as on numerous occasions before.:flowers:

Believe you me,they've happened all the time for at least the past 11 years.It is,fe,Queen Margrethe who stated not that long ago that the present generation of Heirs have such great contact and soo totally different from what was the norm in her days with her generation of CP's.They have all sorts of up to date pods & pads like everybody else...and they know how to find eachother fast.Both on the web and as is this weekends case...

These things do happen and these meetings are earnestly in all privacy.Always.

This is such a nice gesture. The crown prince couples say "good luck" to their dutch counterparts. I love this idea. I think Willem-Alexander and Maxima will make a great regent couple. But I am a little sad that the group as it is, is starting to fall apart. A new era.

Haha..maybe they have very exclusive Royal Heirs private group set-up on FB!!

There are most likely much more interactions between the royal couples than the press finds out about. I remember CP Victoria mentioning in an interview in connection with Felipe and Letizia's visit to Stockholm that she had visited them in Spain shortly after the engagement. There was certainly no press coverage of such a visit.

There are most likely much more interactions between the royal couples than the press finds out about. I remember CP Victoria mentioning in an interview in connection with Felipe and Letizia's visit to Stockholm that she had visited them in Spain shortly after the engagement. There was certainly no press coverage of such a visit.

Similarly the King of Sweden said something about Silvia visiting Highgrove in early 2012 when Charles and Camilla made an official visit to Sweden last year.Again no press reported it at the time

Of course there are interactions and visits we never know about or only hear about later.
But this discussion is about the heirs of 7 different countries who according to Lucien meet privately "several times a year".
And no mentioning of it since more than 10 years, neither by themselves nor by the media!! How very discrete :D

yes we can see that some of the royals are really happy and very unrestrained...

I have no idea how often these HRH guys meet, but ... I'm certain that there are ways of bypassing the paparazzis and others prying eyes at the airports. They get the full VIP treatment, with officials at the gate and cars waiting on the tarmac, next to the aircraft. They're whisked away without many seeing them!
For the sake of argument lets say I'm on board a flight to Amsterdam and get a glimpse of -say- the Danish crown princely couple in the front rows. All I can deduce that the HRHs may be going to Amsterdam, and that they may be visiting Dutch royals. There is no way I can start speculating on a secret CP summit ! Yet I'm certain that they can get together without the general public finding out!

Last edited:
I have no idea how often these HRH guys meet, but ... I'm certain that there are ways of bypassing the paparazzis and others prying eyes at the airports. They get the full VIP treatment, with officials at the gate and cars waiting on the tarmac, next to the aircraft. They're whisked away without many seeing them!
For the sake of argument lets say I'm on board a flight to Amsterdam and get a glimpse of -say- the Danish crown princely couple in the front rows. All I can deduce that the HRHs may be going to Amsterdam, and that they may be visiting Dutch royals. There is no way I can start speculating on a secret CP summit ! Yet I'm certain that they can get together without the general public finding out!

and in this day and age you don't think people would be twittering and putting out pics from their cell phones of royals on their planes and limos on the tarmack?

Who is saying that they take the airplane everytime? They could drive, you know :p:p:p

Who is saying that they take the airplane everytime? They could drive, you know :p:p:p

Rather a long drive to get from Madrid or even Amsterdam to Oslo should Haakon and MM host the next gathering :whistling:but perhaps the continental royals live a lower profile life when not undertaking official engagements while some of us are just so used now to the general public, not just the paps, tracking every move of our own royal family. It seems they cannot stop at a gas station or pick up a cup of coffee without some member of the public tweeting about it.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that the European Heirs are in good contact and meet from time to time in private, however, with this meeting I get the feeling it has something to do with WAX becoming Kings since it ended up on the royal houses' official events site which would never have happened if it was only one of the likely royal social gatherings.

and in this day and age you don't think people would be twittering and putting out pics from their cell phones of royals on their planes and limos on the tarmack?

NGalitzine - I'm sure that some of them do - 'starstruck', bad mannered types spring to mind! I'm afraid I don't take kindly to people who have little or no respect for the privacy of royalty. If they're 'performing' - fine, take all the pictures you want, but what's the point of having a 'shot' of prince NN disembarking a plane or queueing up for the toilet? Even royalty go to the toilet - so what? ;)
I was once in the same pew as Queen Margrethe at a service in a church in Copenhagen. She was there as a 'private' person - as private as can be, and taking pictures what the last thing on my mind. Besides, I'm sure that her very discreet protection officers had intervened if I - or anyone else - had tried to!

viv

Last edited:

Yesterday, March 11, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Máxima attended the farewell meeting for the outgoing director of the Social and Cultural Planning Office SCP Paul Schnabel in Den Haag.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** scp.nl **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom