The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:omanflag::dutchflag:

Tonight will see the opening of the exhibition "Oman" by TRH of what promises to be yet another wonderfull display of arts,
history and beauty in the Nieuwe Kerk here in Amsterdam.

Over 300 objects from museum collections in Oman are on display making the long history and exceptional cultural traditions
of the country visible.

The exhibition has 5 major themes:

The earlyest civilisation (archeological excavation objects,pottery & jewelry)

Religion: 17th century Koran's with geometrical and floral patrons

Trade and seamen:Old maps,contacts with Europe:portuguese,British and Dutch trading partners had settlements in Oman in
the 16th & 17th century

19th Century Court life of the ,still Reigning,Al Bu Said Family,(private furniture,clothing and jewelry)

This exhibition is in line with previous,stunning,exhibitions on Afghanistan,Morocco,Istanbul and Mexico held in the Nieuwe Kerk.

TRH have payed an official visit to Oman from january 15th till january 20th.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=15-10-2009%20Amsterdam

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?productionjobid=35157&flush=1

Last edited:
One of the brideschildren at the wedding of Alexander and Máxima,Johann - Casper Freiherr von dem Bussche Haddenhausen
passed away aged 12 due to cancer on october 20th.

He was the son of Freiherr Boris and Freifrau Susanne von dem Bussche Haddenhausen,a cousin twice removed of the late Prince Claus.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Bruidsjonker (12) huwelijk PWA overleden

courtesy hja

How immensely sad,so young.What incredible grief.

That it incredibly sad news. My thoughts are with his family

Thank you Lucien for letting us know- this reminds me what a gift each day is that we have here on Earth, especially with our beloved children. May little Casper's soul rest in the peace of the Lord.

According to this article in Spanish, the prince and princess hired a new nanny from Argentina, who is 26 year old. She apparently spent the new years eve with the RF in Germany:

Diario EL LIBERAL - Santiago del Estero

very interesting article, it is a new nanny for the joungest girl, so i wonder do they have 3 nanies??? one each?
and for what i read the girl is so inteligent speaking already, spanish, english, french and dutch she has so many qualifications more than a nanny needs! incredible!!!!!

Speaking all of those languages will serve her well in her new job, and she can help teach it to the girls.

I would like to know how Maxima handled the nannies, when i was 21 I had an offer from somebody who was working in an embassy in europe to take me as a nanny, she would paid me 1000 dolars a month, 15 years ago it was maybe a lot of many for argentina but not for europe, a contract 2 years that i could not leave before that otherwise i was going to be sued, work in the morning prepear breakfast for the kids taking them to school and pick them up from school and taking care of them until bed time, after when they were in the school i have to be her secretary, it was a 24 hour job and i can not remeber days off, i was so glad that i did not accepted! I belive Maxima is a person with a big heart and would offer better to a nnani who take care of her most precios jewells which are her 3 beautifull daugherer

very good news that maxima found an argentinian nanny who is proficient in dutch culture and speaks english, french and spanish. certainly the right person for the job! i wonder how the nanny must be feeling, to change from being at home in a country so far away to suddenly realise that she is the nanny of one of the daughters of an argentinian who will happen to be the queen consort of the netherlands. it must be hard to think about it as i believe maxima should behave like another argentinian next to her, not as the princess of the netherlands as it wouldn't mean much to an american. it must be quite interesting to imagine how she felt when being picked up by the couple's assistants at the airport to take her to the palace.
the story is also rather interesting, how she found her. i hope we will get some pictures of her and ariane.

Last edited:
very good news that maxima found an argentinian nanny who is proficient in dutch culture and speaks english, french and spanish. certainly the right person for the job! i wonder how the nanny must be feeling, to change from being at home in a country so far away to suddenly realise that she is the nanny of one of the daughters of an argentinian who will happen to be the queen consort of the netherlands. it must be hard to think about it as i believe maxima should behave like another argentinian next to her, not as the princess of the netherlands as it wouldn't mean much to an american. it must be quite interesting to imagine how she felt when being picked up by the couple's assistants at the airport to take her to the palace.
the story is also rather interesting, how she found her. i hope we will get some pictures of her and ariane.
I agree with you 150% Oviusly she is a very clever girl, I wonder how does she looks, and certenly it is a very inteesting story, she was already a year in Holland with a scholarship to learn dutch so I think she probably feel very familiar with Holland

19-01-2010 The Hague Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander arrives, with a sling due to his ice skating accident where he broke his shoulder, at the Kanjerlunch at palace Noordeinde in The Hague. Invited are people who have received an award last year for their special achievement. PPE Agency

19-01-2010 The Hague Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander arrives, with a sling due to his ice skating accident where he broke his shoulder, at the Kanjerlunch at palace Noordeinde in The Hague. Invited are people who have received an award last year for their special achievement. PPE Agency

Was this a lunch or just a meeting and when was this award given last year? Is it an annual thing?

Maxima looked quite relaxed in the pictures and W-A looked like he was couping with his arm. Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden hebben vandaag in Paleis Noordeinde een lunch aangeboden aan een selectie van Nederlanders die zich hebben onderscheiden door een bijzondere prestatie en daarmee onlangs in het nieuws zijn geweest.
De ongeveer 27 genodigden hebben recentelijk allemaal een prijs of een andere onderscheiding ontvangen voor hun prestaties in diverse sectoren zoals sport, cultuur, journalistiek, wetenschap, horeca en bedrijfsleven.
De Prins en Prinses willen door het aanbieden van een lunch hun erkenning en waardering uitspreken voor de mensen die zo'n bijzondere prestatie hebben geleverd.
A lunch for the Dutch people.. :)

Was this a lunch or just a meeting and when was this award given last year? Is it an annual thing?

Maxima looked quite relaxed in the pictures and W-A looked like he was couping with his arm. Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

No no,this sort of lunch event happens 3 to 4 times a year to highlight people with a special achievement that hit the news in the past few months.

Can be anything,from a champ in sports to a local hero who saved someone from drowning in a pond.That sort of thing if you catch my drift.Anyway,all people,many if not most are ordinary dutch,but also tv personalities,celeb's etc etc.Excellent way of really meeting people from all kinds of walks in life and TRH are very very enthousiastic about it.So are their guests.:)

TRH have established these events to get in personal contact with these people and to show their appreciation for what they've done.

"Alex,could you pass the peanutbutter please?"....

Also people who somehow excel and received an award/prize in culture, journalism, volunteering and business were invited. According to royalblog the owner of Chocelaterie 'Fanny' in the Utrechtsestraat in Amsterdam (I cycle by that one every day, but helas, I can not eat anything these days) were invited as they won the ING Retail Prize for best 'starter'.

Other people invited were the coach of the national ladies soccer team, and the most popular radio DJ, Edwin Evers. I believe that Linda de Mol (television presenter) was also invited but that she had to decline as due to prior engagements.

---

I like the idea of these luncheons, maybe they can expand it and invite other people too. I know that these days 'success' is the most important thing in many people's lives, but it wouldn't hurt to invite less succesfull people and talk to them during a lunch either. There are a lot of mediocre people (like myself) who would also like to have lunch with the prince and princess, there is no need to reserve them just for the more fortunate & successfull only ;).

Also people who somehow excel and received an award/prize in culture, journalism, volunteering and business were invited. According to royalblog the owner of Chocelaterie 'Fanny' in the Utrechtsestraat in Amsterdam (I cycle by that one every day, but helas, I can not eat anything these days) were invited as they won the ING Retail Prize for best 'starter'.

Other people invited were the coach of the national ladies soccer team, and the most popular radio DJ, Edwin Evers. I believe that Linda de Mol (television presenter) was also invited but that she had to decline as due to prior engagements.

---

I like the idea of these luncheons, maybe they can expand it and invite other people too. I know that these days 'success' is the most important thing in many people's lives, but it wouldn't hurt to invite less succesfull people and talk to them during a lunch either. There are a lot of mediocre people (like myself) who would also like to have lunch with the prince and princess, there is no need to reserve them just for the more fortunate & successfull only ;).

It is not just for the succesfull or most fortunate only."Mediocre's" like vous are invited too,just rescue someone out of a canal twice ..
or tackle EdRvZ into one on a rainy day....et voila...

Oh,you never know what's on your road ahead....chances are that maybe you get invited due to being the most excellent historian the
UvA delivered in decades.That will get you a seat.;)

And you're not mediocre,silly boy..

Last edited:
Oh it's a shame he broke his shoulder. Ouch! :sad:

The Prince and Princess will attend the start of the celebration on 50 years Duivenvoorde Castle Foundation,
Duivenvoorde Castle wednesday afternoon april 28th.

The Foundation came to being by the last inhabitant of the castle,Ludolphine Henriëtte baroness Schimmelpenninck van der Oye
as she decided to bring the whole castle and its contents in a Foundation to keep it all together as a cultural monument.

homepage - Kasteel Duivenvoorde

Nice that they arrived with their bikes. I remember some criticism on various boards when they went to the city hall of Wassenaar with their car, a few years ago. Castle Duyvenvoorde is close to Villa Eikenhorst, the weather is nice and so is the (short) trip. I like the princess summer-like outfit. Let's hope we will keep this weather for the next days, although they are predicting rain for Queensday.

One of the hightlights of the evening has been that Princess
Maxima played some scenes of "Romeo and Julia" with the
actor Pierre Bokma. She obviously had a lot of fun on stage :)

Here's the ppe gallery.

very nice pictures. what I love about the pictures is that you can see the girls´ bicycle seat. They didn´t take it off for this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom