The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My translation

Wassenaar,
June 11th 2007

The continuous stream of wonderful flowers, beautiful drawings, sweet cadeaus, personal letters and well-wishings we might receive from so many since the birth of Ariane was heartwarming. The enormous amount makes it necessary to express, on behalf of Ariane, our gratitude to You in this way, despite the fact we would like to have done it in a more personal manner.

After an advanced start with the for us so trusted team from Bronovo Hospital, three weeks later Ariane appeared to have a virus and various bacterias. To our deep concern she needed to be admitted in Leyden Universitary Medical Center. Thanks to adequate action and excellent handling, also for the parents, the tide could be turned quickly and we are very grateful towards the nursing staff and the doctors. After a few days in the hospital we could, intensely happy, enclose Ariane again amidst our family, fully recovered and blossoming as before.

This short but so heavy period in the yet still so short life of Ariane caused a new flood of sweet and heartwarming reactions which have been a great support for us. Your sympathy has touched us so deeply and we feel an intense gratitude for that.

[signed] Máxima

[signed] Willem-Alexander

Last edited:
Thanks for providing a translation Henri.
I believe the couple received 30.000 letters to congratulate them with the birth of their daughter, which is quite a lot IMHO :)

the message was adorable. it's a sweet detail to release such an intimate, personal statement, rather than the usual.

the photo is as well really cute. do you believe it was taken the same day they took the family photo with amalia, alexia and beatrix?

I believe so, WA & Máxima are wearing the same outfits and Ariane (so far we can see it) doesn't look bigger..

It is quite a nice thank you note and the pic is nice (my complaint ,that Maxima could and should have run a quick comb thru her tresses, is old and prolly everlasting).
However, why such a big advertising for a mere thank-you note and a pic that was taken weeks ago?
The whole thing was probably done without Maxima and WA being personally involved. Their staff could easily do that themselves. After the announcement on monday (or was it even sunday?) I expected them to show up in person....

I believe it wasn't the court who advertised it as a big surprise, but a royalty blog who talked about a nice surprise. We over excited posters might have wished for more though :).
-
They only showed up in person to thank the people for the congratulations upon the birth of their first daughter. I don't recall what they did after Alexia's birth though.

Marengo said:
I believe it wasn't the court who advertised it as a big surprise, but a royalty blog who talked about a nice surprise. We over excited posters might have wished for more though :).
-
They only showed up in person to thank the people for the congratulations upon the birth of their first daughter. I don't recall what they did after Alexia's birth though.

HJA on his Royalblog explains how he thought the idea wonderfull enough to dub it a surprise,that is where it originates from,not from the RVD or any member of the RF.

I wish we could see more of the little princess. We got good shots when she was first born, and at her presentation, but the next two official shots with the family, it's hard to see her.

I wrote to Willem-Alexander & Maxima, Fred & Mary, and Felipe & Letizia, congratulating them all on their baby girls. I'm a little sad that they didn't have time to reply personally (but honestly, 300,000 is a TON of mail, so i don't blame them) I did get cards when I wished Christian and Leonor happy birthday, so maybe I'll try that this October, since I am guess Felipe and Letizia probably got a ton of mail too :)

fee said:
It is quite a nice thank you note and the pic is nice (my complaint ,that Maxima could and should have run a quick comb thru her tresses, is old and prolly everlasting).
However, why such a big advertising for a mere thank-you note and a pic that was taken weeks ago?
The whole thing was probably done without Maxima and WA being personally involved. Their staff could easily do that themselves. After the announcement on monday (or was it even sunday?) I expected them to show up in person....

I am quite dissapointed as well. I expected at least a video, or some kind of announcement, i.e Ariane's baptism date. Honestly, since Ariane was born in April and the hole sickness episode lasted a week in May... well this could have been done earlier. :huh:

Guys, at least a new picture!

It was nice of them to send that message, sounds written from their bottom of their hearts. However, I was expecting some familiar photos, including Amalia & Alexia, something like Mary & Frederick did with the little baby girl.
Anyways, glad to hear that Ariane is doing better.

after thinking it was a suprise, id had expected something a little more, but after reading a few posts on this thread saying the someone on the blog said it was and not the royal house, than i think its sweet, but id like it if Maxime or Williem were holding the little princess in thier arms. Its a sweet way to say thank you though, but it has been done before, i mean very similar picture with their first born

lucien said:
The crib is in use since the birth of Princess Juliana,1909,and was subsequently used for Princesses Beatrix,Irene,Christina,and Princes Willem-Alexander,Friso and Constantijn,Countess Eloise and Princesses Amalia and Alexia.The crib was not used for Princess Margriet as she was born in Canada during WWII.

To Florencia,the picture is probaby from the same photo shoot as this one,soon after the birth of wee Ariane,the outfits worn by TRH are the same.
Het Koninklijk Huis

:)

Thank you very much Lucien.

:flowers:

While the picture and note are very nice I am kind of dissappointed because I had gotten my hopes up for a picture of the entire family. I would have at least liked a new picture and not one taken from the last photo session. Oh well...guess we will just have to wait until Alexia's birthday until we get new pictures.

Considering that the mediacode is rather strict and the press seems to stick to it (apart from a few incidents), it are only these official moments that show us the princesses. If one compares it to the exposure of Leonor, Christian and the Norwegian little royals it isn't very much indeed. But on the bright side, triple-A can grow up in a protected environment without being afraid of people prying into their lives too extremely.

Of course IMHO it wouldn't hurt the Prince of Orange, his wife and his daughter to release 4 pictures instead of just 1 or 2 from such a private photoshoot ;)

-
For those who are disappointed: the summer photosession will be soon and we will probably get loads of pictures and filmfootage. I believe it is in the gardens of Villa Eikenhorst this year, so that would be before they are going on holiday. If the prince wants to spoil us he will release a picture (or 2) on Alexia's birthday too, though my hopes for that aren't too high (or they will combine it with the holiday photoshoot).

i somehow knew they weren't going to release a video, as they released one not long ago with ocassion of willem-alexander's 40th birthday, and i knew they weren't going to create such a big fuss just to announce the date of the christening. i was expecting something like this to be honest... although i would have loved to see more photos, but even if they release a hundred of them, i'd still would love to see more. :)

they also have already released a family picture shortly after ariane's birth, so i would say that will be the only family picture we will get until the christening. i also think they have done extremely well in terms of releasing information and pictures: we saw ariane just hours after her birth, a day later with her dad at the presentation, some days after she was released from hospital we saw the family picture and they kept us very well informed during her hospitalisation. now they are releasing a very personal (imo) press statement, rather than the usual "we are overwelmed by the wishes sent to us" or so. i don't think we can ask for more. they seem to be keeping their promises in order to be able to ask the press to respect their privacy.

Last edited:
I didn't excpected a new video. We had had one not so long ago and quite nice..However, I supposed that we'll have a new set of photos. I was excpecting to see not only Princess Ariane (who is still too young) but Princess Alexia, whose little face is not too known for us.

The fact that the Crownprince family seems to be hidding in such a way, we may think that Princess Ariane is not so well as they are saying she is...Hope I'm wrong! :neutral:

Vanesa.

The pic is really nice.... but I was expecting something "bigger"

I just hope for new pics of Amalia, Alexia and Ariane for Alexia's birthday :)

Former nanny of the princesses begins own bureau

Ms. Johanna ('Hansje') Görtz, a former nanny of the Princesses Catharina-Amalia and Alexia, starts her own bureau. It will educate and deliver well-educated and excellent nannies, especially for noble families and for people in the Quote 500 (the Dutch equivalent of Forbes).

The bureau will educate nannies to 'supernannies' and intermediate for them, in all descretion, to privileged families. According to Ms. Görtz: "I have often been asked by upper class families if I maybe knew good nannies for them. People trust me. I have a lot of top jobs in my files."

She looks for well-educated and well-mannered women and men of 22 years and older: "It is a demanding job because you travel a lot, you sit between the family and the staff, you are often left alone with the children. You need to have a firm personality, but it is a challenging job with never a dull moment."

There are different rules in the upper class, so experienced Ms. Görtz: "I did not know how to address and to behave in front of The Queen. I had no idea what to do when the media is hunting the children. And what to do with the security around."

Ms. Görtz wants to educate 20 nannies, who will -amongst other topics- be educated in etiquette, security, psychology, children's sicknesses, etc.

Source (with picture)

I wonder if the Prince and Princess will be 'amused' with this. Usually the Orange-Nassaus really have a deep dislike for people who commercialize their close position to the royal family.

I can understand her anyway. There is no better recommendation imagineable than when you have on your curriculum vitae that you were a nanny or governess to the future Queen...

Last edited:
It is understandable that she would want that as a resume builder, but I can completely understand why the royal family would dislike it. I dislike it. I think that it is opportunistic and wrong. I think that she would have been better served to stay away from the media, and advertise her bureau by word of mouth. I would imagine that she has done herself a world of hurt and a disservice to her future nannies by going to the media. The people that she supposedly wants to place nannies with will likely value discretion and will not look kindly or think it a good refference that this woman is exploiting her relationship with the royal family. Furthermore, were I in their position, I would think, "well if she feels she can run her mouth about the royal family, what will she use my family for".

No, I do not think the people in the "upper echlons" of society will be best pleased with this. A good reccommedation will go a long way with these types of people who aremore interested in personal reccommendations than people who promote themselves. Certainly while the telegraaf is not the tabloid journal, it is also not the top of the heap when it comes to journalisitic writing.

And futhermore, why did she leave the employ of the royal family to begin with?

Henri M. said:
Ms. Johanna ('Hansje') Görtz, a former nanny of the Princesses Catharina-Amalia and Alexia, starts her own bureau. It will educate and deliver well-educated and excellent nannies, especially for noble families and for people in the Quote 500 (the Dutch equivalent of Forbes).

The bureau will educate nannies to 'supernannies' and intermediate for them, in all descretion, to privileged families. According to Ms. Görtz: "I have often been asked by upper class families if I maybe knew good nannies for them. People trust me. I have a lot of top jobs in my files."

She looks for well-educated and well-mannered women and men of 22 years and older: "It is a demanding job because you travel a lot, you sit between the family and the staff, you are often left alone with the children. You need to have a firm personality, but it is a challenging job with never a dull moment."

There are different rules in the upper class, so experienced Ms. Görtz: "I did not know how to address and to behave in front of The Queen. I had no idea what to do when the media is hunting the children. And what to do with the security around."

Ms. Görtz wants to educate 20 nannies, who will -amongst other topics- be educated in etiquette, security, psychology, children's sicknesses, etc.

Source (with picture)

I wonder if the Prince and Princess will be 'amused' with this. Usually the Orange-Nassaus really have a deep dislike for people who commercialize their close position to the royal family.

I can understand her anyway. There is no better recommendation imagineable than when you have on your curriculum vitae that you were a nanny or governess to the future Queen...
Is a curriculum vitate similar to a resume?

Certainly while the telegraaf is not the tabloid journal, it is also not the top of the heap when it comes to journalisitic writing.

She only did an interview with the magazine Kinderopvang (Day care). Other media (like Telegraaf) used this interview for their own article.

Curriculum Vitae

Is a curriculum vitate similar to a resume?

Yes, in Europe a curriculum vitae (Latin for 'course of life') needs to be attached to your application form.

It contains you personal data, your educational backgrounds and your career so far, with references etc.

When you can state in your curriculum vitae that you have worked for the children of the Prince and Princess, and can show a nice credential letter with a crowned intertwined 'W' and 'M' (like this), then you will understand all doors will open immediately.

Last edited:
No, I do not think the people in the "upper echlons" of society will be best pleased with this. A good reccommedation will go a long way with these types of people who aremore interested in personal reccommendations than people who promote themselves. Certainly while the telegraaf is not the tabloid journal, it is also not the top of the heap when it comes to journalisitic writing.

And futhermore, why did she leave the employ of the royal family to begin with?

I agree with you. High Society doesn't like nanies who talk too much.

According RTL Boulevard there will be a photoshoot coming tuesday. 26 june is the birthday of princess Alexia :flowers:

According RTL Boulevard there will be a photoshoot coming tuesday. 26 june is the birthday of princess Alexia :flowers:

Hear, hear! :flowers: I will be glued to my computer all day Tuesday.:D

Last edited:
She only did an interview with the magazine Kinderopvang (Day care). Other media (like Telegraaf) used this interview for their own article.

Nanny Görtz comments on Royalblog,besides not knowing much of the defenition of discretion,THE first golden rule,she's to teach others good manners?Not very chic.

Prince and Princess to visit gay organization

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands apparently have plans to visit the headquarters of COC.

C.O.C. means Cultuur en Ontspannings-Centrum, or Centre for Culture and Leisure, a reminder of the pseudonym the organisation initially adopted after its foundation in 1946. COC is the oldest Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender organisation in the world.

Often the Court has a bit been criticized for 'neglecting' gays. It is undoubtedly true that there are many gays working in the royal household service as true and most loyal servants to The Queen and other members of the Royal House. It is also known that -for an example- Princess Máxima's closest aunt and godmother Marcela Cerruti Carricart is lesbian and living together with a partner for almost 2 decades.

It is also known that the Prince of Orange's most important teacher and The Queen's most important advisor and confidant, Herman Diederik Tjeenk Willink, the vice-president of the Council of State, is openly gay and living with his partner.

There have been rumours that The Queen would have been opposing the opening of marriage for same sex couples. Her Majesty is rumoured not to have had objections against equal rights but she thought it should not be in the same 'format' as the traditional marriage. Anyway, as The Queen's views and opposition against Cabinet plans belong to the constitutional 'Secret of Noordeinde (Palace)', no one knows exactly what the Queen thinks.

To make an end for once and for all about any assumptions, The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have the intention to bring an official visit to the COC-organization and with this show their 'royal approval' and openly support for gay rights. To show that there is more than plenty of space, also for gays, under the gentle Orange sun.

This intended visit has been leaked in a newspaper and the Court was 'not amused'. To show their discontent there is a threat to cancel the princely visit, but it is believed this is only meant as a sign of royal disapproval that the so valued confidence has been broken.

Source: GK.nl

Last edited:
Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands apparently have plans to visit the headquarters of COC.
(...)

Often the Court has a bit been criticized for 'neglecting' gays. It is undoubtedly true that there are many gays working in the royal household service as true and most loyal servants to The Queen and other members of the Royal House. It is also known that -for an example- Princess Máxima's closest aunt and godmother Marcela Cerruti Carricart is lesbian and living together with a partner for almost 2 decades.

(...) To make an end for once and for all about any assumptions, The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have the intention to bring an official visit to the COC-organization and with this show their 'royal approval' and openly support for gay rights. To show that there is more than plenty of space, also for gays, under the gentle Orange sun.

Source: GK.nl

I don't recall reading (at least in the local Argentinean media) anything about Mrs. Marcela Cerruti Carricart's lesbian condition. Has this been reported in the Dutch media? :ohmy:

Regarding the visit itself, if true, I guess it shares its purpose with those 'private dinners' the princely couple usually held with those remarkable/succesful/highly influential Dutch individuals they are willing to know better, as future monarchs - I believe you posted and translated that article for us some time ago. :flowers: They're making the path easier, and that's WISE.

Last edited:
Yes, that was reported in the Dutch media, though not much importance was given to it, just background information.

there is a difference, the dinners are held at their own home, it is an honor to be invited, it is private and personal.
The visit to the COC building is official and not intimate as the dinnerinvitations.
Marengo if two women live together can it not be for the company, in other words are you sure of the "condition" as verde esmiralda calls it.

I don't recall reading (at least in the local Argentinean media) anything about Mrs. Marcela Cerruti Carricart's lesbian condition. Has this been reported in the Dutch media? :ohmy:

Regarding the visit itself, if true, I guess it shares its purpose with those 'private dinners' the princely couple usually held with those remarkable/succesful/highly influential Dutch individuals they are willing to know better, as future monarchs - I believe you posted and translated that article for us some time ago. :flowers: They're making the path easier, and that's WISE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom