The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By 0.01 am do they mean 1 am? Why would they send or give the suprise at that time if indeed it is Dutch time? Anyhow here in the US east coast it will arrive around 8-9 pm. Which is great!!!

I can't think of anything else the surprise might be besides pictures? Although when they say "arrive" it makes it sound like it will be something big, like a new house or a new car or something like that, but I doubt that's what it is. And if it is pictures, 1 am is an odd time to be releasing them.

If they release pictures 00:01 AM, it is possible for the newspapers to publish the pictures in the morning.

But probably the media already knows what the "message" and "surprise" is, but are not allowed to release it before wednesday.

ps. arrive was not a word www.royalblog.nl used, release is perhaps a better translation.

Kelly said:
By 0.01 am do they mean 1 am? Why would they send or give the suprise at that time if indeed it is Dutch time? Anyhow here in the US east coast it will arrive around 8-9 pm. Which is great!!!

They don't mean 1 am, I'm not sure how to explain it so I'll just do it like this: it's 59 minutes before 1 am.

Well, they sure have me intrigued. Are we sure this source is reliable? Or is it also been said by the official side of the royal house? I sure can't wait. I hope it's a nice photoshoot of the girls. But why at this hour?

princess leonor said:
Well, they sure have me intrigued. Are we sure this source is reliable?

Yes, he is the royalty journalist of a large Dutch news agency.

princess leonor said:
Well, they sure have me intrigued. Are we sure this source is reliable? Or is it also been said by the official side of the royal house? I sure can't wait. I hope it's a nice photoshoot of the girls. But why at this hour?

This source is veeery reliable,one minute after midnight....talk about midnight suspense.:D :wub:

Princess Robijn said:
They don't mean 1 am, I'm not sure how to explain it so I'll just do it like this: it's 59 minutes before 1 am.

Is that 0.01 am in the Uk or in the Netherlands? IS it maybe 23.01 in the UK?

crm2317 said:
Is that 0.01 am in the Uk or in the Netherlands? IS it maybe 23.01 in the UK?

Yes,the latter.:flowers:

Thanks Lucien I shall sit up and wait and see. Will the news be on the royal page at that time?

lucien said:
This source is veeery reliable,one minute after midnight....talk about midnight suspense.:D :wub:

I;m considering staying up for it, bacause I'm just way too curious to wait until tommorrow morning to find out. :flowers: Thanks all for the warning about it. I just hope it isn't a very late 1st of April joke or something :eek: :lol:

What time will that be in the U.S.?

acdc1 said:
What time will that be in the U.S.?

That depends on in which part of the US you are. But it can be 6, 7, 8 or nine hours of difference (counting from Amsterdam, Paris and Madrid, not Greenwich) , so that would be 6pm, 5pm, 4pm or 3pm. (I hope I'm saying it right and not confusing everyone in the US :ROFLMAO: )

My guess: the two daughters together with baby Ariane in a spoken video message to say 'thank you so much' for all the well-wishes for papa's 40th birthday and the birth of Princess Ariane.

:flowers:

dazzling said:
the only thing i can think of is that it might be a casual photoshoot of the CP family.I hope they will also announce a baptism date. Cant wait!!

I agree to dazzling. The re-entreé of Máxima, thank - you - messages and baptism date. Amalia doing the talking (now that she is 4, she might now speak more clearly), could also be.

Another options we definitely should not be considering:

- Beatrix's abdication ... no way :glare:

- A new pregnancy... highly improbable ;)

That's nice! That cradle she's sleeping in sure is huge. Is this an older picture? It's good to see them again, but I wish we could see Ariane a little bit better. W-A and Maxima look very good and so happy!

Aww that is a lovely I was hoping for Amalia and Alexia too but this is lovely too

I don't speak Dutch, but I tried to do an online translation so I could get the jist of what it was saying. It didn't work. I'm going to keep trying unless somebody who speaks Dutch or has a great translator translates it instead.

I will translate it and post it in this post in full later: However the gist of the note is that they are extrememly thankful for the outpouring of warmth and well wishes not only at the birth of their new daughter, but also during the time that she was in the hospital.

When was the picture taken?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm using a translator, but I'm getting that they're giving thanks from both them and Ariane for all of the kindness given at her birth and her time in the hospital.

that crib reminds me of the one that QEII was pictured with when Prince Charles was born.

LadyK said:
that crib reminds me of the one that QEII was pictured with when Prince Charles was born.

The crib is in use since the birth of Princess Juliana,1909,and was subsequently used for Princesses Beatrix,Irene,Christina,and Princes Willem-Alexander,Friso and Constantijn,Countess Eloise and Princesses Amalia and Alexia.The crib was not used for Princess Margriet as she was born in Canada during WWII.

To Florencia,the picture is probaby from the same photo shoot as this one,soon after the birth of wee Ariane,the outfits worn by TRH are the same.
Het Koninklijk Huis

:)

Last edited:
Did the other children use the crib as well? I like it, it's very fancy. Of course, we wouldn't expect anything less for a baby who has been through as much as little Princess Ariane has in her two months of life.

I translated it, and it basically says that they are grateful for everything that the people were kind enough to give for Ariane's birth, and how Ariane got sick and they were very worried, and they had good doctors and got care early. At least that's what I got from it, sorry if I'm wrong.

Great photo! Was this taken at the same time that the other family photo was taken. Maxima seems to be wearing the same orange outfit. Although with less weight. Would have liked to see Amalia and Alexia as well. But they all look wonderful. The note seems to say that they are grateful for all the flower gifts, drawings, etc received after the birth of the little Ariane and they give thanks on her behalf as well. They are also grateful to the team at Bonovo hospital and those who took care of the little one when sick. They give another great thanks for the well wishes of the public during this difficult time.

Last edited:
Did the couple take a photo of Princess Alexia in this crib too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom