The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
wow!, in such a short time another flight to Argentina, is a long trip to do!!!!! i know they use to travel a lot! but I tell you what it is like 16 hrs. flight????and with the 3 girls!!!

Yes, thats why I dont think they are in Buenos Aires
__________________

__________________
Reina Máxima
  #242  
Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Yes, thats why I dont think they are in Buenos Aires
maybe the girls stayed in argentinia with their grandparents and their nanny...
__________________

  #243  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,640
Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course .
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #244  
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course .
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).
Ireally would be very surprise if they went to argentina withoutthe girls in such a family ocassion. anyone knows for how long did they go to argentina?
__________________
Ashelen
  #245  
Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #246  
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.
it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go, it is certenly a familly affair and I am sure the father would love to celebrated with her grandaughters, specially becasue i am sure he doesn't see them so often.
I agree it is a lot of people moving for some days , nannies, body guards, etc... but they use to that
__________________
Ashelen
  #247  
Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
It was just a theory, "perhaps".
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #248  
Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It was just a theory, "perhaps".
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
yes, they could have an early celebration but, don't forget he has several kids some living in the US another in patagonia, so I am sure it is not easy to combine everybody at the same time and Maxima has probably the most hectic shedule but I am glad she is there and I take my hat off for her being in a flight so often and so many hours!
__________________
Ashelen
  #249  
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?
  #250  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?
A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.
  #251  
Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.
do you know or anyone else know how long they were in Argentina in this last trip??
__________________
Ashelen
  #252  
Old 01-21-2008, 03:49 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
do you know or anyone else know how long they were in Argentina in this last trip??
Less then a week.
  #253  
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It was just a theory, "perhaps".
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
Isn'T the acual birthday on 28. january. So it was an earlier celebration. Perhaps the arranged it this way that it will give no collision with Beatrix birthday who is only 3 days later as both have round birthdays.
  #254  
Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,640
Are you sure Amalia went to Argentina too, lucien? She would be missing a 2nd week of school for something that ´normal´ children would never get days off for.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #255  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Besides, Princess Amalia is not a "normal" girl.

Vanesa.
  #256  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yonkers, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go,
Well. I remember not going to grown up events during my childhood; all depends of the level you are in. The Argentinean upper class doesn't fuss over family.
__________________
Duchesssa
  #257  
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Besides, Princess Amalia is not a "normal" girl.

Vanesa.
Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #258  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 AM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.
In The Netherlands, compulsory education starts at the age of 5. Amalia is 4 years old, so it is not a problem yet.
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
  #259  
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yonkers, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Besides, Princess Amalia is not a "normal" girl.

Vanessa,
You must be from "the new generation" of the education in Argentina. I also went to school in Buenos Aires...but when one day of absence required a doctor's note and to have the homework -for the day a student was absent- ready to be handed to the teacher / professor.
__________________
Duchesssa
  #260  
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
LadyK's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,968
This is really interesting- the discussion of schools around the world. I think there is also a thread about this in the member's forum, which has more about schools in the US, where I'm from, and about other members' schools. It would be interesting to continue this conversation there, so we can discuss all sorts of schools, and school policies, not just Dutch and Argentinian schools.
__________________

__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, maxima, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, willem-alexander


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Stephanie Current Events Part 11 : Nov.2007 - Nov.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 195 11-26-2008 11:49 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 346 11-11-2008 04:39 PM
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events Part 12 : Nov.2007 - Jan.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 199 01-18-2008 05:07 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007) pdas1201 Current Events Archive 379 01-08-2007 12:44 PM
Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima Picture Thread, Part 1 (Nov '02-Jan '06) Julia King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 205 01-30-2006 05:34 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail farah diba fashion and style fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena jewels kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week power prince bernhard prince charles princess charlotte of cambridge princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises