The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
wow!, in such a short time another flight to Argentina, is a long trip to do!!!!! i know they use to travel a lot! but I tell you what it is like 16 hrs. flight????and with the 3 girls!!!

Yes, thats why I dont think they are in Buenos Aires

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Yes, thats why I dont think they are in Buenos Aires
maybe the girls stayed in argentinia with their grandparents and their nanny...

Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course .
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course .
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).
Ireally would be very surprise if they went to argentina withoutthe girls in such a family ocassion. anyone knows for how long did they go to argentina?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.
it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go, it is certenly a familly affair and I am sure the father would love to celebrated with her grandaughters, specially becasue i am sure he doesn't see them so often.
I agree it is a lot of people moving for some days , nannies, body guards, etc... but they use to that
Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

It was just a theory, "perhaps".
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
yes, they could have an early celebration but, don't forget he has several kids some living in the US another in patagonia, so I am sure it is not easy to combine everybody at the same time and Maxima has probably the most hectic shedule but I am glad she is there and I take my hat off for her being in a flight so often and so many hours!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?
A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.
do you know or anyone else know how long they were in Argentina in this last trip??
Old 01-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
do you know or anyone else know how long they were in Argentina in this last trip??
Less then a week.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Isn'T the acual birthday on 28. january. So it was an earlier celebration. Perhaps the arranged it this way that it will give no collision with Beatrix birthday who is only 3 days later as both have round birthdays.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Are you sure Amalia went to Argentina too, lucien? She would be missing a 2nd week of school for something that ´normal´ children would never get days off for.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Besides, Princess Amalia is not a "normal" girl.

Vanesa.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go,
Well. I remember not going to grown up events during my childhood; all depends of the level you are in. The Argentinean upper class doesn't fuss over family.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Vanesa.
Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.
In The Netherlands, compulsory education starts at the age of 5. Amalia is 4 years old, so it is not a problem yet.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post

Vanessa,
You must be from "the new generation" of the education in Argentina. I also went to school in Buenos Aires...but when one day of absence required a doctor's note and to have the homework -for the day a student was absent- ready to be handed to the teacher / professor.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

This is really interesting- the discussion of schools around the world. I think there is also a thread about this in the member's forum, which has more about schools in the US, where I'm from, and about other members' schools. It would be interesting to continue this conversation there, so we can discuss all sorts of schools, and school policies, not just Dutch and Argentinian schools.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, maxima, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, willem-alexander