The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,223
I am not sure if she is a lesbian or not, but I am sure that some of the Dutch media, including the NOS (state channel) labelled her as such.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #182  
Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
there is a difference, the dinners are held at their own home, it is an honor to be invited, it is private and personal.
The visit to the COC building is official and not intimate as the dinnerinvitations.
Marengo if two women live together can it not be for the company, in other words are you sure of the "condition" as verde esmiralda calls it.
Dear Susan Alicia,

I understand the difference between the private dinners and the visit to the COC, what I meant is that it is clear that through different methods, the princely couple is willing to show themselves as open and prone to dialogue with diverse spheres, taking into account that they will be monarchs in (a possibly near) future.

As for the term "condition" that I chose is concerned, it is a mere translation of Spanish (we do use the term "condición sexual" - sexual condition) when speaking of these matters, and it is considered to be neutral. That's why.
__________________

__________________
  #183  
Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Anyway, I think that the average gay person (and I know I'm stating an assumption) is generally attached to The Queen and the royal family. I'm sure that The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima will find a warm and a cordial welcome in the COC headquarters. When you visit gay bars, restaurants or shops which attract a gay clientèle, you often see portraits of The Queen in the etablissement.

But the same can be said for many non-gay shops as well. Especially in Amsterdam and The Hague you will find a portrait of The Queen hanging in a shop. Usually of the better segment (Focke & Meltzer, Bonnetterie, Slot Couture, Bonebakker Jewellers, etc.)

A visit by Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima is also a strong sign to the outside world, including certain (ethnic and religious) groups in the Netherlands, of an outspoken support to gay rights by the future King.
__________________
  #184  
Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
rockon210's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Graz, Austria
Posts: 50
German TV Channel ZDF wil air next Tuesday 25 July, a documentary about Willem Alexander and Maxima.
This is part of a 6 part documentary called " Die Königskinder".
More information on ZDF.de - Die Königskinder
__________________
  #185  
Old 07-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 6
on 24th July
__________________
  #186  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
rockon210's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Graz, Austria
Posts: 50
Sorry, this was my mistake.
__________________
  #187  
Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Can we see the interview after it has been aired? I checked and there were some people already doing commentaries on them although I didn't understand what they were making the comments about.
__________________
  #188  
Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
I don't know, but so far you can see some videoclips with "interviews" to some people (Hans van den Bergh, Avi Primor, etc) which seem to be commenting on the subject. One of them is speaking in Dutch, though the audio is in German of course.
Click on "interaktiv interviews" for this.
__________________
  #189  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:34 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Can we see the interview after it has been aired? I checked and there were some people already doing commentaries on them although I didn't understand what they were making the comments about.
But ofcourse,just wait till after it's aired tuesday evening,then follow the link provided by Rockon-210 above.
__________________
  #190  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:53 AM
anirac's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
I don't know, but so far you can see some videoclips with "interviews" to some people (Hans van den Bergh, Avi Primor, etc) which seem to be commenting on the subject. One of them is speaking in Dutch, though the audio is in German of course.
Click on "interaktiv interviews" for this.
There is just a little mistake at the side:
When you want to hear the part about the future kind of kingship (answered by Avi Primor) you hear the same part of the interview like the responding to the question about the relationship of Alex and Maxima
__________________
  #191  
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
What kinds of questions were asked to the interviewers? Could someone translate some of it?
__________________
  #192  
Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 6
sorry my english is not so good but here look to these link. it is translating machine.
Free translation, ImTranslator.com=
__________________
  #193  
Old 07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
anirac's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 107
Hans van den Bergh (republican)

You are an adversary of the monarchy. Which arguments militate against the monarchy?

He said it has nothing to do with the people of the Royal House. The Problem is the principle of subject or hierarchy. It is a result of the middle age and include that there is a sovereign deploying by God and all others are depend on him. It is undemocratically. And they (the Republicans) want to change it and make it more democratically like the elections of the mayors.

How would you evaluate the work of the Royal Family?

Van den Bergh accepted that Queen Beatrix makes a wonderful job, but he criticized her enormous influence in the formation of the government.

Which power should the Queen have?

No Power like in Sweden. She should cut ribbons, spread out medals and awards, but nothing else. “The less power she has, the merrier it is.”

How do you judge about the social work of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They look very involved with social things, like water management and micro credits. But it is just for the PR. It comes from other people, who say that they must do it. In reality they give much less attention to such things. It is just for the show.

Didn’t raise the popularity of the Royal House mainly because of Maxima?

He would say yes, but the most people have a sentimental preference for babies. The girls look very cute, also Maxima looks nice, but it has nothing to do with the principles of the system. If somebody is popular that doesn’t mean that the bigger part of the nation supporting the system. But if the Netherlands become a republic, the Royal House would be allowed to stay.

Which point of view do you have, when you think about the political past of Maxima’s father?

At the one hand you can say, that she is innocent, but at the other hand she raised up in a family with a questionable opinion about democracy. And these are bad premises for the future Queen of the Netherlands.


Reinildis van Ditzhuyzen (historican)

Where did the prince and Maxima meet each other?

They met at a party in Seville and it was love at the third sign (Alexander said). He was very angry because there was a girl, which took photos of him. But after a while she asked him, if she could do this. And so the relationship started.

Did Beatrix has any imaginations about the future wife of the crown prince?

Beatrix had an idea about the monarchy and also about a good crown princess. She preferred a foreigner, because there would be fewer friends in the Netherlands, who would talk about the past of the woman. She wanted someone, who is able to deal with this demanding job. And she favoured somebody of the upper class, because these girls “know to behave”.

What kind of person is Maxima?

She is a very natural person, genuine, authentic, open, informal, charming and open. You can just speak in superlatives. She is a natural in every circles whether upper class or lower classes.

How did the Netherlands responsive to the engagement of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

It was a mood of crisis, because nobody know, if Alexander would give up his right to the throne and choose his great love.

Is Willem-Alexander prepared for his function as head of state?

He is very well prepared for this function. If something would happen today he could accept this office. He is very promising.


Avi Primor (best friend of the late prince Claus)

What kind of person is Willem-Alexander?

He is very pleasant like his two brothers. But they are more reserved. All three are very intellectual and friendly. Alexander is very open and give the feeling, that you always feel comfortable in his present.

Did Queen Beatrix had any influence of the decision of her son?

No, he was very independent in his decision. He is very sporty and have many friends and in these circles he also had many girlfriends. And he was like every other boy. Not every time the parents knew his girlfriends. Sometimes they didn’t know why. It was very normal.

How did Beatrix and Claus react, when they found out about the past of Maxima’s father?

They made the difference between the family in Argentina and Maxima. They saw Maxima as the person she was: worthy and able to fulfill the duty. And they saw how much in love they were. That was one of the main arguments. The person Maxima was important, not the past of her father. They thought a lot about it.

How was the relationship between Claus and Maxima?

He was the first who understood her. Claus invited him to a dinner with Maxima around 2000/ 2001. And he didn’t know who the person was, but she impressed him. She was nice and had an enormous charisma. And Claus asked him, what he thought about her. Claus would know if his personal impression was really a personal or if other also thought the same about her. He really understood and supported her.

How would you describe the relationship of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They are still very much in love. You also see it when they are with the kids and that reminds him of Alexander’s parents, who also were so much in love. It is not artificial. It is genuine.


I hope you understand it and I hope I didn't do to much mistakes. If I did, I'm sorry.
__________________
  #194  
Old 07-23-2007, 05:25 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
everything is says sounds perfectly logical and not unsympathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirac View Post
Hans van den Bergh (republican)

You are an adversary of the monarchy. Which arguments militate against the monarchy?

He said it has nothing to do with the people of the Royal House. The Problem is the principle of subject or hierarchy. It is a result of the middle age and include that there is a sovereign deploying by God and all others are depend on him. It is undemocratically. And they (the Republicans) want to change it and make it more democratically like the elections of the mayors.

How would you evaluate the work of the Royal Family?

Van den Bergh accepted that Queen Beatrix makes a wonderful job, but he criticized her enormous influence in the formation of the government.

Which power should the Queen have?

No Power like in Sweden. She should cut ribbons, spread out medals and awards, but nothing else. “The less power she has, the merrier it is.”

How do you judge about the social work of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They look very involved with social things, like water management and micro credits. But it is just for the PR. It comes from other people, who say that they must do it. In reality they give much less attention to such things. It is just for the show.

Didn’t raise the popularity of the Royal House mainly because of Maxima?

He would say yes, but the most people have a sentimental preference for babies. The girls look very cute, also Maxima looks nice, but it has nothing to do with the principles of the system. If somebody is popular that doesn’t mean that the bigger part of the nation supporting the system. But if the Netherlands become a republic, the Royal House would be allowed to stay.

Which point of view do you have, when you think about the political past of Maxima’s father?

At the one hand you can say, that she is innocent, but at the other hand she raised up in a family with a questionable opinion about democracy. And these are bad premises for the future Queen of the Netherlands.


Reinildis van Ditzhuyzen (historican)

Where did the prince and Maxima meet each other?

They met at a party in Seville and it was love at the third sign (Alexander said). He was very angry because there was a girl, which took photos of him. But after a while she asked him, if she could do this. And so the relationship started.

Did Beatrix has any imaginations about the future wife of the crown prince?

Beatrix had an idea about the monarchy and also about a good crown princess. She preferred a foreigner, because there would be fewer friends in the Netherlands, who would talk about the past of the woman. She wanted someone, who is able to deal with this demanding job. And she favoured somebody of the upper class, because these girls “know to behave”.

What kind of person is Maxima?

She is a very natural person, genuine, authentic, open, informal, charming and open. You can just speak in superlatives. She is a natural in every circles whether upper class or lower classes.

How did the Netherlands responsive to the engagement of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

It was a mood of crisis, because nobody know, if Alexander would give up his right to the throne and choose his great love.

Is Willem-Alexander prepared for his function as head of state?

He is very well prepared for this function. If something would happen today he could accept this office. He is very promising.


Avi Primor (best friend of the late prince Claus)

What kind of person is Willem-Alexander?

He is very pleasant like his two brothers. But they are more reserved. All three are very intellectual and friendly. Alexander is very open and give the feeling, that you always feel comfortable in his present.

Did Queen Beatrix had any influence of the decision of her son?

No, he was very independent in his decision. He is very sporty and have many friends and in these circles he also had many girlfriends. And he was like every other boy. Not every time the parents knew his girlfriends. Sometimes they didn’t know why. It was very normal.

How did Beatrix and Claus react, when they found out about the past of Maxima’s father?

They made the difference between the family in Argentina and Maxima. They saw Maxima as the person she was: worthy and able to fulfill the duty. And they saw how much in love they were. That was one of the main arguments. The person Maxima was important, not the past of her father. They thought a lot about it.

How was the relationship between Claus and Maxima?

He was the first who understood her. Claus invited him to a dinner with Maxima around 2000/ 2001. And he didn’t know who the person was, but she impressed him. She was nice and had an enormous charisma. And Claus asked him, what he thought about her. Claus would know if his personal impression was really a personal or if other also thought the same about her. He really understood and supported her.

How would you describe the relationship of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They are still very much in love. You also see it when they are with the kids and that reminds him of Alexander’s parents, who also were so much in love. It is not artificial. It is genuine.


I hope you understand it and I hope I didn't do to much mistakes. If I did, I'm sorry.
__________________
  #195  
Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 947
Thank you very much for your work, anirac.
I speak German but was not able to see the interviews, seems I don't have that programme installed on my computer.

It seems they follow the same pattern like in the documentary about CP Victoria: a lot of praise (so natural, so well prepared...) and on the other side one person voicing the anti-monarchy attitude (on principle, nothing against the cps personally, of course).
__________________
  #196  
Old 07-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Yes, thank you very much for that translation.
__________________
  #197  
Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
rockon210's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Graz, Austria
Posts: 50
Hello!

You can watch the documentary from ZDF now online on ZDF.de - Startseite
__________________
  #198  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,223
Thanks rockon, the programme was rather interesting, I wonder why they interviewed Hans van den Berg though, a republic is a complete non-issue. It was interesting to hear that the late Prince Claus and Queen Beatrix had/has difficulties with Jorge Zorreguietta.
And I see the eternal Reinildis is there too :)
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #199  
Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks rockon, the programme was rather interesting, I wonder why they interviewed Hans van den Berg though, a republic is a complete non-issue. It was interesting to hear that the late Prince Claus and Queen Beatrix had/has difficulties with Jorge Zorreguietta.
And I see the eternal Reinildis is there too :)
Did they specify anything in particular?
__________________
  #200  
Old 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 947
I think it was an interesting and balanced documentary, I actually like the fact that they are also voicing the anti-monarchy attitude.
If I compare it with the docu about CP Victoria then it seems to me they were a bit less enthusiastic, more neutral. They were positive but critical, if you know what I mean. And I liked this better.

The half-German Victoria was portrayed as a "rich poor" girl and heroe, loved by all Swedes, so intelligent, so natural, so brave, so well-dressed (!).., the perfect future queen...the Swedish royal family is the most cosy and popular of all royal families of course... even the anti-monarchists seemed only concerned about the fact that the royals are "public slaves" who don't have the rights which everyone has...a bit too enthusiastic and criticless for my taste.

I mean, I like Victoria and I'm sure things weren't always easy for her but they made it sound as if being a cp is all problems and duties and no privileges.
They were more balanced in M&WA's case IMO.
It will be interesting to see the docus about the other cps.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
current events, maxima, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, willem-alexander


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Stephanie Current Events Part 11 : Nov.2007 - Nov.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 195 11-26-2008 10:49 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 346 11-11-2008 03:39 PM
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events Part 12 : Nov.2007 - Jan.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 199 01-18-2008 04:07 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007) pdas1201 Current Events Archive 379 01-08-2007 11:44 AM
Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima Picture Thread, Part 1 (Nov '02-Jan '06) Julia King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 205 01-30-2006 04:34 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess eleonore princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]