The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxie said:
I don't really like this dress. The first thing I thought when I saw it was: 'Wow, that's a very naked dress...' :eek: The colour is nice though. :)

I'd have to agree with you, although I've always admired Maxima's choices of style, with this exception. Perhaps she should be a little more discreet in her dresses?

Anyhow, she looks great! :D

Maxie said:
I don't really like this dress. The first thing I thought when I saw it was: 'Wow, that's a very naked dress...' :eek: The colour is nice though. :)
Couldn't agree more. Love the color, the pattern is ok too, but is it me or does Maxima, who typically oozes ample self confidence, look as if the skin-show of her dress is getting even to her? And then, the 'nakedness'. Frankly, this dress would be more suitable to someone like Halle Berry.

For example, in this picture, it looks like one of her nipples is showing throug the fabric (which, by the way, seems to fold her breast in a weird way).

this picture:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=251340&d=1151090503

Now, I'm no prude, and as for nipples, yes, we all have them, no big deal, but if I were Maxima, I just wouldn't want to share that kind of 'info' with the world on an official royal engagement, no matter how festive...

anyhow, on the whole I think she's seen better days: I think the dress is iffy on her and she looks a bit tired in the face.
Alexander on the other hand, looks quite handsome, good for him.
But it looks to me like Maxima could use a bit of a vacation.

Last edited:
Maxie said:

I have to agree with you too. The first thing I thought when I saw that dress was is that all.

The dress is beautiful but this is not a dress for a "Crown Princess" in a public presentation. Princess Maxima looks like an actress in that dress.

Last edited:
Thje dress can be nice, Maxima looks nice, but somehow the two don't go together. But ok, yesterday was a warm day here in The Netherlands...
She might want to change her hair a bit as well, I think it is to thin to wear it down like this (IMO Lalla Salma is one of the few who can pull that of).

I have to add that I am impressed by the number of events the couple has done recently. They should be looking forward to the summer holidays :)

Last edited:
It sure isn't the nicest dress she has ever worn in her life. It's not all that bad though. very original dress!

The dress is nice and I like the colour. I have nothing against it for being low-cut either but somehow it is weird on Maxima...
Perhaps it is just not her style. But at least, she enjoys experimenting with clothes! :) That's good!!!

I don't like this dress on MAXIMA. She is showing too much skin!!!
Her best dress so far was the chocolate gala dress that she wore for the celebrations of King Carl Gustaf of Sweden designed by argentinian designer Benito Fernadez!!!!!

fanletizia said:
More from PPE

CP Maxima looks so great in her dress and its good colour for CP Maxima no matters for Maxima to chose nice dress but she always more stylish but she looks good.

I have to agree with Maxie, too!
It really looks a bit "naked"...
Maxima looked lovely , but the dress wasn't really nice on her!
It would have been better if it was a bit longer (over her knees). Then it wouldn't be so naked. ;)

I'm surprised that Maxima chose such a "sexy" dress for such a public event. I'm don't really care for it, the style is unoriginal and the material looks more suitable for a Hawaiian shirt or a sarong.
Willem-Alexander looked handsome in his suit.:)

a photo of the Crown Princes watching the match between Argentina and Holland, from People en Español:
http://www.peopleenespanol.com/pespanol/galleries/0,22491,1207533_6,00.html

caption reads: CERO A CERO
The tie between Argentina and Holland came well to Princess Maxima, who in spite of being Argentinian by birth, has taken her new home to her heart. When the final buzzer (pitazo?) sounded, she and her husband took the chance to share a joke with Diego Armando Maradona.

More images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00162405.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162405.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 206
  • pre-SEEGER00162406.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162406.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 175
  • pre-SEEGER00162407.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162407.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 233
  • pre-SEEGER00162410.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162410.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 361
  • pre-SEEGER00162414.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162414.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 270
  • pre-SEEGER00162404.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162404.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 195
I just read in a dutch site that this friday ther will be a photo-sesion of alexander maxima and the girls in Italy.

I think that dress is perfect for her! Its fun and flirty but not too revealing.

I think the color and overall fit is good on her (draping nicely over her hips, stopping a little above the knee), but I think it would look better with 2 straps. There's a lot of chest showing, in a not flattering way. Maybe it would have looked better if she had filled in some of that neckline with a big neckline or big earrings?

I also think the style (and material) is a not formal enough for a black tie affair. Which may be why she paired the dress with stockings and pumps, rather than the fun heeled sandals I think would have gone better with the dress.

I love Maxima, but I have to agree that her dress choice was not the best this time. Her body and the dress do not match!

I like red in Maxima, even if, for me blue, dark green and violet matchs better for a blonde (I'm a blonde myself, so I know of what I'm speaking about). However, this time, I don't like this red dress on her. It's not the colour, but the dress cut. So sorry, Maxima...:(

Vanesa.

popje said:
I just read in a dutch site that this friday ther will be a photo-sesion of alexander maxima and the girls in Italy.

Don't think so,Alexander and Máxima will attend the Silver Wedding anniversary of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg this weekend,along with HM Queen Beatrix.

From londonfeatures:

Attachments

• maxi5.jpg
    maxi5.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 294
  • maxi10.jpg
    maxi10.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 279
  • maxi9.jpg
    maxi9.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 264
  • maxi8.jpg
    maxi8.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 247
  • maxi7.jpg
    maxi7.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 259
  • maxi6.jpg
    maxi6.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 295
  • maxi4.jpg
    maxi4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 305
  • maxi3.jpg
    maxi3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 301
  • maxi2.jpg
    maxi2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 302
  • maxi1.jpg
    maxi1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 336
From londonfeatures (2nd part):

Attachments

• maxi11.jpg
    maxi11.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 287
  • maxi19.jpg
    maxi19.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 278
  • maxi18.jpg
    maxi18.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 294
  • maxi17.jpg
    maxi17.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 302
  • maxi16.jpg
    maxi16.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 291
  • maxi15.jpg
    maxi15.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 296
  • maxi14.jpg
    maxi14.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 312
  • maxi13.jpg
    maxi13.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 328
  • maxi12.jpg
    maxi12.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 325
Some more pictures of W-A and Maxima :) (From Bruno Press)
The first picture is a nice view of the back of the dress.

Attachments

• maxima 4.jpg
    maxima 4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 309
  • maxima 5.jpg
    maxima 5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 251
  • maxima 6.jpg
    maxima 6.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 241
  • maxima 7.jpg
    maxima 7.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 648
  • WA 3.jpg
    WA 3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 179
  • WA 4.jpg
    WA 4.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 180
  • maxima 2.jpg
    maxima 2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 294
  • maxima 3.jpg
    maxima 3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 260
Maxima has this habit of wearing dresses that are cut too low. Not that I mind a bit of skin - au contraire - but it looks as if everything is sagging in a certain department when she wears these low cut outfits. Someone should tell her!

Had anyone else put on this dress, I would say "what the..." but with Princess Maxima... Personally I can pay attention only to her smile. And her smile is there, as attractive and open-hearted as ever. :)

Last edited:
Now that was a cut low dress! Was that when they attended one of her friend's wedding?

Kelly said:
Now that was a cut low dress! Was that when they attended one of her friend's wedding?

I think that was in Salzburg, Austria. Way back, that is. They visited the Salzburger Festspiele, which is a festival with a lot of classical concerts, mostly Mozart. But I might be off the record here, I'm not sure about it and can't find anything on it.

That surely was one ugly dress... :eek:

Maxie said:
I think that was in Salzburg, Austria. Way back, that is. They visited the Salzburger Festspiele, which is a festival with a lot of classical concerts, mostly Mozart. But I might be off the record here, I'm not sure about it and can't find anything on it.

That surely was one ugly dress... :eek:

No, It was in South Africa during the festivities of Nelson Mandela's birthday. They were there together with the queen. Maxima was just a few month's pregnant from Amalia.
And yes......the dress was ugly...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom