The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Emi's Avatar
Emi Emi is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 60
Thank you to Marengo as well.

I don't see a problem with consort being a different religion to the monarch either. I was just curious how the Dutch royal family handled it or if they did what the Danish royal family did, where Henrik, Mary and Alexandra all became members of the Lutheran church. I'm glad Maxima did not feel obligated to convert. :-)
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi
Thank you to Marengo as well.

I don't see a problem with consort being a different religion to the monarch either. I was just curious how the Dutch royal family handled it or if they did what the Danish royal family did, where Henrik, Mary and Alexandra all became members of the Lutheran church. I'm glad Maxima did not feel obligated to convert. :-)
The Dutch royal family seems pretty open and flexible to having multiple religions within their family, partly perhaps because religion is considered relatively private for the Orange family. We don't see pictures of them going to Sunday service as we do the British royals for example. Is Beatrix (and eventually Willem) the head of the Protestant church the way Elizabeth is the head of the church of England?

Marilene is Catholic as well, isn't she? (Isn't there another van Vollenhoven sister in law who is Catholic as well?) And when she married Maurits, the service was non-denominational.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 AM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,876
more from PPE (part 1)

04-02-2006 Princess Maxima And Willem Prince Alexander Attended Today The Holy Mass Of The 50 Year Jubilee Of The Roman Catholic Church Of Rotterdam.

__________________
^_^
  #24  
Old 02-07-2006, 01:01 AM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,876
2nd part from PPE

__________________
^_^
  #25  
Old 02-07-2006, 01:02 AM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,876
last ones from PPE

__________________
^_^
  #26  
Old 02-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
The Dutch royal family seems pretty open and flexible to having multiple religions within their family, partly perhaps because religion is considered relatively private for the Orange family. We don't see pictures of them going to Sunday service as we do the British royals for example. Is Beatrix (and eventually Willem) the head of the Protestant church the way Elizabeth is the head of the church of England?

Marilene is Catholic as well, isn't she? (Isn't there another van Vollenhoven sister in law who is Catholic as well?) And when she married Maurits, the service was non-denominational.
The Dutch Reformed Church doesn't have a 'head' all the preachers/vicars etc. are equal.
These days the catholic conviction of Maxima is not a problem, but in the 60-ties, when Irene converted it caused a lot of anger. Schools, streets etc , which were named after princess Irene changed their names and many protestants were angry to see a catholic in the RF.

I believe Anita is catholic, and Aimee as well (not completely sure about Aimee)
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #27  
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Thank yuo for the pictures, what event was she attending in Rotterdam?
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #28  
Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 PM
xxPatrickxx's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thank yuo for the pictures, what event was she attending in Rotterdam?
Today she was attending a rewarding of cheques to founds. I've seen many people who come out the Majors house with a cheque from 100.000 euro
__________________
http://www.patrickvankatwijk.nl
  #29  
Old 02-09-2006, 03:22 PM
amina1's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 551
Does anyone know if Maxima & her husband live in a royal palace like mathilde, Marry...
Thanks.
__________________
  #30  
Old 02-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
No, they live in a mansion in Wassenaar. The house was originally built or re-built for Beatrix sister, Christina. When William and Maxima were married, it was renovated for them. There are pictures of it in some of the older threads -- most recently in the photo shoot introducing their second daughter, Alexia.
__________________
  #31  
Old 02-10-2006, 06:22 AM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are both in Turin today for the opening of the Olympic games.
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
  #32  
Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi
Thanks for the photos purple platinum. Was CPss Maxima brought up in the Catholic faith and is she still Catholic now?
yes she is still catholic. she considered converting but she has not made any steps in that direction. her kids are being raised protestant though.

does anyone know if she took communion during the service?
__________________
  #33  
Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
She did wear one actually, the same veil I believe.
I dont think so. i think that veil was shorter.
__________________
  #34  
Old 02-10-2006, 07:19 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,773
that's a good question pollyemma. i don't think she did, though.

thanks watcher for the information on willem and maxima being in turing for the games. i didn't think they were going to go. it's a great surprise. does anyone know when the games start? i want to see them! :)
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #35  
Old 02-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
I have moved all the posts of Willem & Maxima a the opening ceremonies in Torino to this thread. It is in the Dutch Royals forum in case other members of the family show up. If it's only Willem and Maxima, we can always move it back to their sub-forum.

But all posts about the Dutch royals at the Torino games can go there.
__________________
  #36  
Old 02-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
No, they live in a mansion in Wassenaar. The house was originally built or re-built for Beatrix sister, Christina. When William and Maxima were married, it was renovated for them. There are pictures of it in some of the older threads -- most recently in the photo shoot introducing their second daughter, Alexia.
The build a new serre to the living room and surprisingly they had a lot of restoring to do, which is strange considering the house was only build in the mid-eighties. The villa is build on estate 'De Horsten' which still is property of the RF (together with the estate 'Raaphorst'). The estates belonged to Prince Frederik of The Netherlands who lived in Huize de Pauw (now the cityhall of Wassenaar), his daughter Princess Marie of Wied inherited it and sold it later on to her cousin Queen Wilhelmina.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #37  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:52 PM
amina1's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
The build a new serre to the living room and surprisingly they had a lot of restoring to do, which is strange considering the house was only build in the mid-eighties. The villa is build on estate 'De Horsten' which still is property of the RF (together with the estate 'Raaphorst'). The estates belonged to Prince Frederik of The Netherlands who lived in Huize de Pauw (now the cityhall of Wassenaar), his daughter Princess Marie of Wied inherited it and sold it later on to her cousin Queen Wilhelmina.
Thanks to both of you for your answers. I just cheked it out, it looks huge and fancy.
__________________
  #38  
Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo

I believe Anita is catholic, and Aimee as well (not completely sure about Aimee)
I have to correct myself, as Willem-Alexander, Maurits and Floris are excluded on the list the british court publishes on thronerights, I assume these are the only ones who married a catholic.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #39  
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
think that wearing a mantilla in a catholic church in rotterdam is a bit going over the top, dutch catholics do not do it and she is dutch now
__________________
  #40  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:06 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,773
i just read in another forum an information from the world cup of football in germany early in spring from espdeportes. the royal household confirmed that the princes of orange will be present in the match argentina-netherlands the 21st of june in francfort. it was an invitation made to them by the prime minister of that "land", roland koch.
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007) Marengo Current Events Archive 340 04-02-2007 09:24 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 293 02-26-2006 04:32 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 204 02-25-2006 12:08 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006) Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 316 02-04-2006 06:24 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005) Gabriella Current Events Archive 344 02-16-2005 07:58 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]