The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 AM
sem's Avatar
sem sem is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: rotterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 71
Maxima looks incredible. All the details fit perfectly with the event; hair style , black dress, the dramatic makeup, and ofcourse the sparkles in her eyes.
I always wait for Patrick's pictures. It's possible to see all of this throug his photos. Thank you Patric to doing that and sharing them with us.

Now to the hairdresser of Maxima; I love the choise of the style, but couldn't you do something better? Maxima have always very betiful up-dos when she is abroad (Tailand, Belgium, Argentinia ect..) but I can't say the same most of the time when her hair up in Holland.
__________________

  #282  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Anna_R's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,143
Back view from Maxima's up-do (which I loved!)

http://patrickvankatwijk.nl/

__________________

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift... That's why it's called present...
  #283  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Jackswife's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 905
Thumbs up

I think Maxima looked fantastic, very chic and Grace Kelly-ish. Normally I don't care for black (think it's too severe and somber) but she looked very elegant and "princessy" withouit being over the top. The hairstyle was perfect, too. A winner for the CP!
  #284  
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 PM
ap3's Avatar
ap3 ap3 is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 315
I don't like the sheer panel over the midriff - the non-sheer part of the top ends up looking like a boob tube. I think it would have looked a lot classier without the sheer part.

I also don't like the hair.

And, of course, hate the t-strap shoes.
  #285  
Old 09-14-2006, 01:44 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,174
i think the whole looked lovely. black is a great colour for maxima for evening events and the hairdo did really contrast with the outfit.

in this photo she reminds me of a hollywood star from the past, as it's in black and white and because of that very star-y hairdo! http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4000002lf9.jpg
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #286  
Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think the whole looked lovely. black is a great colour for maxima for evening events and the hairdo did really contrast with the outfit.

in this photo she reminds me of a hollywood star from the past, as it's in black and white and because of that very star-y hairdo! http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4000002lf9.jpg
She really does have a lot of sun damage to her skin that you can really see in this photo. It makes her look significantly older than she is, I think.
  #287  
Old 09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: T., Belgium
Posts: 2,276
Really nice outfit, she looked so classy but also like she's already in her late 40s, because of her very bad skin - a pitty.

Carice Van Houten stole the show for me, I think she's so pretty and she's a fantastic actress as well!
  #288  
Old 09-14-2006, 05:46 PM
xxPatrickxx's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
Really nice outfit, she looked so classy but also like she's already in her late 40s, because of her very bad skin - a pitty.

Carice Van Houten stole the show for me, I think she's so pretty and she's a fantastic actress as well!
Yes but Carice was a bit angry she had to leave the red-carpet because the royal couple was arriving.
__________________
http://www.patrickvankatwijk.nl
  #289  
Old 09-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPatrickxx
Yes but Carice was a bit angry she had to leave the red-carpet because the royal couple was arriving.
Van Houten, interestingly indeed, was complaining about this fact openly to the press! When asked, by an RTL reporter, what she thought of the event, she said it was a shame that everyone had to leave the red carpet because the royal couple was arriving. I see her point, but it's probably a security issue I'd assume. Although it also might have to do with the HRH's liking to have control over their publicity--these royals sure expect to be Center stage when on stage, and Van Houten vocally disagreed with that, LOL!

Great pictures, by the way! Especially like the one of Maxima's hairdo, seen from the back!
  #290  
Old 09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
The premiere was held at The Hague at the Pathe theatre.

I disagree with most of you on the hair. Yes, she may look older, but I think this style looks much better than when she has the hair hanging down, looking like she didn't style it at all...
I agree, Maxima typically looks much better, or, should I say, more professional, with her hair tied up or back. Oftentimes with her hair down, she looks, well, a bit disheveled, messy. I adore the surfer girl look normally, but not really on her for some reason.

By the way, those lines in her face...I actually appreciate she's not resorting to jabbing a bunch of needles into her face, like many many women her age who are equally in the spotlight (Rania anyone?). She's starting to show her age, sure, due probably to, yes, too much sun and the fact she used to smoke like a chimney (probably not anymore though!), but at least she's not afraid to offer a 'what you see is what it is' picture, and in this plastic day and age, that's actually a positive thing, in my opinion.
  #291  
Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
I agree, Olga!
And Carice van Houten shouldn't complain, because royal guests coming to your premiere means also more publicity for your movie.

At imagine scandinavia you can find a lot of new pictures from a different angle: http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/...2k99iu719nc6m2
__________________
Toute royale
  #292  
Old 09-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
And Carice van Houten shouldn't complain, because royal guests coming to your premiere means also more publicity for your movie.
Which is exactly, most likely, why Alexander and his wife chose to be there that night, to publicly endorse the movie, their presence certainly was a royal stamp of approval, and a press magnet, and the royal couple seems well awar e that the Dutch movie industry could use all the press attention it could get. Van Houten complaining is weird at best; we all should be so lucky that our own projects, when presented to the world, get free PR <from a young, popular, ROYAL COUPLE> no less! My gosh what is she complaining about!
  #293  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,718
agreed Olga. How on earth can one expect the crownprince and princess of The Netherlands standing in a line with all sorts of vulgar celebrities? I am glad they cleared the red carpet for them and I was surprised that they seemed to be making replies to the microphones that some of the press put under their mouths.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #294  
Old 09-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
agreed Olga. How on earth can one expect the crownprince and princess of The Netherlands standing in a line with all sorts of vulgar celebrities?
you know in that sense, I was actually surprised they chose to attend the movie premiere at all--especially since the director, Paul Verhoeven, isn't exactly known for his subtle ways of telling a story--but they really seem to be stepping up making a concious effort to show an active interest in all aspects of their society. (esp. versus a few years ago it seems to me).

Again, for this movie, royal endorsement is the kind of PR money just can't buy. Of course, for the lead role actress, it meant she had to share the spotlight, which probably was what irked her, my oh my!
  #295  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Movie about 1940-1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
haha Zonk
I know that there's back to 20. or 30.'s , 40. maybe fashion but this hairdo isn't a good example. Maxima you could do much better! But the dress look good and pearls.
The Princess asked her coiffeur to create a 1940's style to remain in the movie's sphere.
Very well thought and with a very glamorous ánd sophisticated result.
The Prince and Princess have turned out to show their support for one of the nation's most well-known filmmakers. Paul Verhoeven is the name behind Hollywood blockbusters such as Total Recall and Basic Instinct. His latest story, however, is an intimate Dutch tale of a Jewish girl's survival of World War II.

The Dutch Princesses are the most unpredictable of all European Princesses. Mabel, Laurentien and Máxima: they never stop to amaze you with fantastic hits or absolute misses. I also like it how the Dutch Princesses are so inventive with their coiffures.
  #296  
Old 09-15-2006, 08:07 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Even though Maxima is one of my favorite royals I really didn't like this "red carpet" exposure and salutation more expected from a hollywood star than from a princess.

Over all is a nice touch of her to dress and makes her hair in conexion to the movie, but neither the outfit or the hairdo suite her well IMO, since she have sun damage all this paraphernalia and stately stuff make the princess looks 10 years older.
  #297  
Old 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Even though Maxima is one of my favorite royals I really didn't like this "red carpet" exposure and salutation more expected from a hollywood star than from a princess.

Over all is a nice touch of her to dress and makes her hair in conexion to the movie, but neither the outfit or the hairdo suite her well IMO, since she have sun damage all this paraphernalia and stately stuff make the princess looks 10 years older.
Is it a problem if the Princess looks older than her age? You must also not forget that she is flashed in the twilight outside and those are usually not the most flattery pictures. A one-legged Princess with yellow teeth and thick glasses can be a Princess of Orange as well.

The Princess is nothing more than the wedded spouse to the future King and the mother to a future Queen. It is of no importance if she looks pretty or not, older or younger, whatever.

Movie premieres are of all times actually. Queen Elizabeth II even went to the movies wearing complete diamond parures and elbow gloves. The Prince and Princess were aplauded and cheered by an enthusiastic crowd and they reacted on them. The Prince and Princess really were 'deaf' for the photopgraphers yelling for more.
  #298  
Old 09-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southend, Canada
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The Princess is nothing more than the wedded spouse to the future King and the mother to a future Queen. It is of no importance if she looks pretty or not, older or younger, whatever.
You are right, but unfortunately the celebrity status of the present day younger royals seems to be taking over- at whose bequest needs to be discerned.

But the good thing is she is looking more and more like Beatrix.
  #299  
Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The Princess is nothing more than the wedded spouse to the future King and the mother to a future Queen. It is of no importance if she looks pretty or not, older or younger, whatever.
I don't agree with this at all. Maxima is an ambassador to her country when she travels abroad and a representative when she travels within it. She is not "just" the wife of a future King and the mother of a future Queen. You make it sound like it's 1906 and she's just a face to slap on the money in a few years time.

She doesn't have to dress like she's going to the Oscars every night, but would you want your future queen photographed looking like a hobo? Probably not. I don't want our President dressing like a lumberjack when he's out representing our country for some event.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #300  
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 AM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
A one-legged Princess with yellow teeth and thick glasses can be a Princess of Orange as well.



Intelectually yes, I agree, since today they don't marry other princeses or royal members but common women yes, but the sort of "Prince-Payboys" of nowadays almost always looks for beautiful women (what those women will become in later is irrelevant, age is age for everyone) since they have everything and a circle of were to choose from they don't find that hard to find a soul mate; they may don't marry the adecuated one but they sure will marry the beautyful one, and Maxima was a beauty when Willem knew her, they don't marry the one-legged with yellow teeth and thick glasses dear, at least none of the new princess are like that, and if you beleive in what you just said then wait for Santa, he surely will pass by your house in Dec.

I like Maxima a lot, really, she's doing an incredible job with the microcredits and she's commitment to great causes and that's the reason I want her to glow and looks her best and choose outfits and hairdos that suit her well, you can be both really smart and good looked, there's no need to put years over you, no woman does it on purpose even though sometimes we don't pick exactly the best outfit, one has her days.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007) Marengo Current Events Archive 340 04-02-2007 10:24 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 293 02-26-2006 04:32 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 204 02-25-2006 12:08 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006) Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 316 02-04-2006 06:24 PM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005) Gabriella Current Events Archive 344 02-16-2005 07:58 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events current events thread duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion and style dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece haldane hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince leka princess eugenie outfit princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in the un queen rania style royal weddings september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises