The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Amber, you're right. I kind of mixed it up with the other event. :)

Old 06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Commoner

This orange dress just doesn't get it. It's too flimsy, too wrinkled-looking, too short. It makes Maxima look like a football player...all long arms, broad shoulders, and sturdy legs. She's an attractive woman, but this dress detracts from her assets.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I agree.

Maxima is a beautiful woman, but I say the dress is not going to be one of my favorites. I would not have chosen it for her.

Perhaps if it were a little longer or something?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

I agree also,Its to short!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber26
No, It was in South Africa during the festivities of Nelson Mandela's birthday. They were there together with the queen. Maxima was just a few month's pregnant from Amalia.
And yes......the dress was ugly...
I am almost certain that the photo was taken in Salzburg. Mandela's birthday celebration was a month before that photo of the two in Salzburg were released.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I am almost certain that the photo was taken in Salzburg. Mandela's birthday celebration was a month before that photo of the two in Salzburg were released.
Yes, it was in Salzburg, the house behind them is the festival hall and the must have been at the Salzburg Festival, which is in July and August
Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Commoner

I agreed with everyone who thinks that the dress wasn't her best choice.But I must say that Princess Maxima looks better than ever.She seems to slim down quite a bit her hair looks great on her she looks much younger than the past few years.
She is the most cheery of all CP.Her boisterious smile, sunshine personality and she is not afraid to show her emotion.Her dress sense is full of colour I love it.
:)
Old 06-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Commoner

You are wright. This is a terrible dress.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
I'm sitting here staring at the picture of Maxima trying to see if I can see...could it be...a NIPPLE? Then it hits me; I'm spending way too much time on The Royal Forums.
ROFL! You're soo right royaltywatcher, even in my case on two fronts: 1. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that nipple, because in the scheme of things, how important is it really! And 2., I too, spend too much time on the Forum. But then, what better way to unwind from a day working hard, or during lunch, or between work, to go and chat with other Members about all things royal (well, <most> things royal, I think that from now on, I'll leave royal body parts out of the equation!):o
Old 08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

The dress is quite nice. She looks a little thinner too. :)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Evening dresses uses to reveal quite a bit of naked shoulders, etc. This was the awarding of the King Willem I Prize for entrepreneurship. That is a very chique black-tie evening with prominent Dutch companies in which most ladies were dressed à la Princess Máxima with decolletées and naked shoulders, covered with a stole.

When ladies come of a certain age, suddenly sleeves are worn on evening gowns: see Queen Beatrix, or the Duchess of Cornwall. On the present exhbition on Queen Elizabeth's gowns you clearly see the 'nakedness' in many of her '50s and '60s gowns. Now she only wears decent and matronly long sleeves...

On some pictures you saw that the Princess wrapped a stole around her indeed. This was a HOT day in The Hague and maybe the Princess made a choice for an 'airy' dress. I missed a nice diamond collier to complete the whole outfit.

As we keep in mind that the Princess uses dozens of evening dresses or gowns a year, and uncountable daywear ensembles, with or without hat and gloves, then it is easy to have some misses and some hits.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Legs and belly

She looks pregnant in that dress. If she isn´t she could wear it next time she is.
She hasn´t got legs who are slim enough to wear that kind of short dresses. Her ankles are quite big.
I´ve noticed that even little Amalia has got big leggies for her age already.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
I´ve noticed that even little Amalia has got big leggies for her age already.
All Orange-Nassau ladies like Queen Wilhelmina, Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix have always had firm legs, broad hips, etc.

Princess Beatrix once said off-the-record: "Yes, these are firm legs, but they have to bear a whole Kingdom!"

Old 08-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

If she said that she has stolen it from her mother, Queen Juliana in her student years in Leyden once replied to a fellow-students remark about her legs that they have to be big, as the entire dynasty was resting on those legs alone (which was true as Juliana was the only person who was in line of the dutch throne).
Old 08-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

You are right. It was Princess Juliana, not Princess Beatrix!

Old 09-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Prince W-A and princess Maxima attended the premiere of the Dutch movie Zwartbroek today.

Pics from ANP

I hope we'll get a better view of the hair soon, I think I like it!
The dress she wore before to the state banquet of the state visit to Argentina.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Nobility

there plenty of more to find at;
www.anpphoto.com search; Maxima

Thank you Maxie!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Courtier

PPE/nieboer has some nice pics too. Click here for some more.
I´m still undecided about the hairdo. Maxima radiates elegance, but somehow this hair style makes her appear older.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Administrator

I must agree...this is not a good hairdo. It looks...dare I say it..like Beatrix's?! Maybe Maxima's hairdresser got sick...and she went to her mother in law's instead?!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

haha Zonk
I know that there's back to 20. or 30.'s , 40. maybe fashion but this hairdo isn't a good example. Maxima you could do much better! But the dress look good and pearls.

Closed Thread