The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxima looked sooo elegant! wow, that dress is just wonderful.
the only thing i didn't like this time was the make up... maybe too much in her eyelashes!

I believe the tiara is most often worn s a necklace. Queen Beatrix wore it as such during her statevisit to the UK in the 80-ties. Maxima is the first royal to wear it as a tiara (in public). It seems that they are trying to create as many as possible tiaras out of a few. Remember Mabels tiara which was a part of the sapphire tiara, or Anna Pavlovna's spike tiara without the pearls, the emerald tiara without emeralds but with pearls and Queen Sophie's coronet without the pearl-buttons and with diamond stars (I believe Queen Wilhelmina received the stars as a present from het aunt, Princess Marie zu Wied, nee pss of The Netherlands).

I must say that Maxima looks dazzling. Nice earrings as well! I only miss a grand necklace, which is a pity as the RF has plenty of those (the queen does not want to wear them, she once said what why not: 'we Oranges have no neck'.

More pictures from yesterday.

Attachments

• 2005,18 jan.jpg
    2005,18 jan.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 317
  • haarlem18janb.jpg
    haarlem18janb.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 391
  • haarlem18jana.jpg
    haarlem18jana.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 297
  • haarlem18jan.jpg
    haarlem18jan.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 399
Can't say I like that tiara--it kind of reminds me of what a little girl would draw in a picture of a fairy-princess. Nevertheless, Princess Maxima looks lovely.

The photos from earlier in the day make me think she should cut a good six inches off her hair? She's a lovely lady, but her hair is really in need of attention.

Marengo said:
...Nice earrings as well! I only miss a grand necklace, which is a pity as the RF has plenty of those..

I like that she went with no necklace. I find sometimes some royals overdo the jewels and end up looking ostentatious, and with such substantial earrings I don't think a necklace was necessary. But I'm crazy, I like minimalism when it comes to jewels. I think the good pieces have more impact in that manner.

more pictures from 18th january...without necklace ;-)

Attachments

• 18jan00.jpg
    18jan00.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 538
  • 18jan002.jpg
    18jan002.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 254
  • haarlem18janc.jpg
    haarlem18janc.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 240
  • haarlem18jand.jpg
    haarlem18jand.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 284
I like her better with her hair loose (if it's not too messy), with her hair in a bun she looks at least 10 years older and her face looks thicker as well.

in what places ()castles or apartments had W-A lived before het married maxima

He lived in Noordeinde 66...its next to palace Noordeinde
N.E.66.jpg

So he moved away from home the castle to this then to the house he has with maxima?
thank you
and thank you s o much for the photo

he still uses Noordeinde 66, as his office. He bought the house from his grandmother, Queen Juliana. I believe faith-healer Greet Hofmans (according to some the dutch Rasputin) had an apparment in this house as well.

Pictures from Yesterday Tsunami

Attachments

• tsunami.jpg
    tsunami.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 431
  • tsunami3.jpg
    tsunami3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 417
  • tsunami4.jpg
    tsunami4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 374
  • tsunami 2.jpg
    tsunami 2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 412
Thank you for posting the pictures misshelen. The whole tragedy must of effected Maxima very deeply. She seems very upset and quite obviously moved.

Can anyone tell me who is seated between Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet? Is he a government official?

Gabriella said:
Thank you for posting the pictures misshelen. The whole tragedy must of effected Maxima very deeply. She seems very upset and quite obviously moved.

Can anyone tell me who is seated between Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet? Is he a government official?

Yes Gabrielle that's correct, he is the Prime Minister JP Balkenende.

misshelen said:
Yes Gabrielle that's correct, he is the Prime Minister JP Balkenende.

I figured that's who it was. Thanks for the info. :)

Great hairstyle, great outfit. Does anyone have any better pictures?

I also like Beatrix at this event - she was sitting and talking with the people in a very kind and personal way. Nice outfit too.

It's a pity i found one new pic.
And also a little picture from Maxima and Amalia at the baptism from Samuel January 23 2005

Attachments

• B04_086870_0002.jpg
    B04_086870_0002.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 295
  • doop samuel loo.jpg
    doop samuel loo.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,101
26 January, 2005: Prince Willem Alexander inaugurated an exhibition of the photo and film archive of Prince Bernhard, at the Verzets Museum in Amsterdam

Attachments

• verzet1.jpg
    verzet1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 272
  • verzet2.jpg
    verzet2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 266
  • verzet3.jpg
    verzet3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 246
  • verzet4.jpg
    verzet4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 240
  • verzet5.jpg
    verzet5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 240
  • verzet6.jpg
    verzet6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 242
  • verzet7.jpg
    verzet7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 240
from BRMB

[font=verdana, arial]I have just been informed by Royal Netherlands Embassy in Warsaw that The Prince of Orange's visit to Poland in April "will be a closed visit" and that there will be no possibility of seeing Prince Willem-Alexander or Princess Maxima at this time.[/font]

Josefine said:
So he moved away from home the castle to this then to the house he has with maxima?
thank you
and thank you s o much for the photo

in between the castle and noordeinde he lived in a house he/they had bought on the rapenburg in leiden where he studied, he lived there with half a dozen of friends. They could not put him in the traditional studenthouses but he was given the opportunity to have an as normal as possible student life, more than was possible for beatrix when she was in leiden. After he left leiden I think the house was sold to a family and is no longer a studenthouse.

Yesterday Máxima spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos. She was invited to pay attention to the UN-year of the Microcredit. Willem-Alexander accompanied his wife.

One picture from tv Maxima Tsunami

Attachments

• anderelook.jpg
    anderelook.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 380
Pictures of CP Willem-Alexander today

Attachments

• 2419080.jpg
    2419080.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 2420032.jpg
    2420032.jpg