The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carlota said:
does anybody else think that in the conference they will give shortly they will announce the second pregnancy of maxima?
i really really think so...
Yes, I really think that they will announce the second pregnancy of Maxima. The last month she looks a little bit uhmm..bigger ;)

But it is of course still possible that she just eated too much 'poffertjes' and other delicious things. And that Willem-Alexander and Maxima just give a press conference to announce that Amalia can walk. :p

carlota said:
what are those poffertjes?
small pancakes.

If they are going to announce the expected birth of a second child I like that would be really studpid. They can easily wait untill the new year and not interrupt the official mourning period.

susanstotz said:
small pancakes.

If they are going to announce the expected birth of a second child I like that would be really studpid. They can easily wait untill the new year and not interrupt the official mourning period.
You're right. They are disrespecting Prince Bernhard and the mourning period with this interruption. Maxima is still going to be pregnant in January so why not wait and announce it then when it is more respectful.

Vicomtesse said:
You're right. They are disrespecting Prince Bernhard and the mourning period with this interruption. Maxima is still going to be pregnant in January so why not wait and announce it then when it is more respectful.
Before jumping to conclusions that she may or may not be pregnant, why is it so impossible to believe that perhaps the press conference is the thank the Dutch people during their time of tragedy?

Vicomtesse said:
Why would it be disrespectful? Life goes on and life is for the living. I think what is more important is how you treat someone when they are alive, not how you mourn.

Ennyllorac said:
Why would it be disrespectful? Life goes on and life is for the living. I think what is more important is how you treat someone when they are alive, not how you mourn.
That may be the case with the "regular" people, but these are royals who follow certain protocol. I agree with you, Ennyllorac, but royals more often than not, follow rules even if they don't make much sense.

pigzilla said:
Before jumping to conclusions that she may or may not be pregnant, why is it so impossible to believe that perhaps the press conference is the thank the Dutch people during their time of tragedy?
lets just wait and see, it has to be something else but I cannot think what.

the thanking will probably be done first and foremost by the queen.

the announcing of the expected birth of second child: if willem alexander has a single complaint it is that he does not want his life to be a docu-drama, so it would be easy for them to keep it within the family until next month.

Ennyllorac said:
mourning well is an essential part of healing and being able to get on and enjoy your life. It is not about how they treated bernhard during his life it is about their getting over their personal loss.

& it is important that they follow a certain protocol, one that we personally do not have to. Beatrix understands that and insists more on it than her mother did.

The Watcher said:
Rvd: Maxima Is Pregnant !!!!
I heard it on the radio. They said the RVD confirmed the story. But I'm not sure the radio was right. Well, it is (almost) for sure that she is pregnant, government sources confirmed the pregnancy of Maxima, according de Telegraaf. :)

Thought would post some pic's of the couple

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 190
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 159
i don't think that would be disrispectful. if maxima's belly keeps growing what they can't do is hidding it.

It is up to the Queen to decide there will an announcement for Christmas or not. Of course princess Maxima has to be three months pregnant before they can announce it.

They say that according to somes members of the government, Maxima is pregnant and expecting her second baby for the summer of 2005.

It not official yet, as she's not yet thirteen weeks pregnant, and we'll have to wait for the confirmation until then.

Yes,it will be so nice if Princess Maxima be pregnant again.It can be a nice news for Dutch Royals after sadness of deaths of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard.

from the BRMB

The meeting with some members of the press (tomorrow) has been cancelled by WA & Maxima, who are both angry & annoyed by all these speculations Article (in Dutch) from AD:
-----

*Willem-Alexander en Máxima zijn boos
Van een onzer verslaggevers

Prins Willem-Alexander en prinses Máxima hebben een afspraak met journalisten voor morgen afgezegd na het bericht in de Telegraaf dat Máxima opnieuw in verwachting is. Het paar is boos op de krant en heeft geen zin in verdere vragen over een zwangerschap.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima zouden morgen een ontmoeting hebben met leden van de vereniging verslaggevers Koninklijk Huis. Bij een eerdere bijeenkomst in juni 2003 maakte Máxima zelf bekend dat ze zwanger was. Vroegtijdige berichtgeving ligt erg gevoelig bij het paar, omdat de eerste zwangerschap van Máxima niet zonder problemen verliep. Door een complicatie moest de prinses wekenlang het bed houden. Bovendien is de koninklijke familie nog in rouw wegens het overlijden van prins Bernhard.

I hope she is pregnant again! It would be nice to see a little brother or sister for Princess Catherina-Amalia! Could someone translate the article please if they have time?

From the BRMB
Willem-Alexander and Máxima angry

By one of our reporters

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima have cancelled a meeting with journalists which was scheduled for tomorrow, after the article in 'De Telegraaf' that Princess Máxima is in expectation again. The couple is annoyed on the newspaper and does not want any furtherer questions about a pregnancy.

Tomorrow Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima would have had a meeting with the club of Royal House-reporters. During an earlier meeting in June 2003, the Princess herself made known that she was in expectation. Premature publication is a sensitive topic for the couple because the first pregnancy of Princess Máxima did not went without problems. Due to a compliations the Princess was forced to stay in bed for weeks. And besides this all, the royal family is still in the mouring period for Prince Bernhard.

A other newspaper the 'Volkskrant' writes also that Maxima is pregnant, it seems they have their own sources. The 'Volkskrant' is a very very reliable source. So it seems Maxima is really pregnant, only not yet 13 weeks. The 'Volkskrant' writes that the second baby will arrive before July 2005. If everything goes well, Princess Margriet will have 5 grandchildren next year: Anna, Lucas, Isabella, Samuel and a baby of Marilene (begin June). And for Queen Beatrix also 5 grandchildren: Catharina-Amalia, Eloise, Claus-Casimir, the first baby for Mabel (April) and the second baby for Maxima (June).

I have to say that can understand WA and Maxima´s reaction but on the other hand I think that it is only human. When people hear that there will be a press conference or a meeting with the press and they usually start thinking about what could be the reason for it.
I must admit that I also thought it might be a second pregnancy when I heard about the press conference because it was like the first pregnancy. But now it seems as it is a regular press meeting...

The Watcher said:
A other newspaper the 'Volkskrant' writes also that Maxima is pregnant, it seems they have their own sources. The 'Volkskrant' is a very very reliable source. So it seems Maxima is really pregnant, only not yet 13 weeks. The 'Volkskrant' writes that the second baby will arrive before July 2005. If everything goes well, Princess Margriet will have 5 grandchildren next year: Anna, Lucas, Isabella, Samuel and a baby of Marilene (begin June). And for Queen Beatrix also 5 grandchildren: Catharina-Amalia, Eloise, Claus-Casimir, the first baby for Mabel (April) and the second baby for Maxima (June).
better source than the radio........
as I read in the newspapers this morning the rvd reacted to all questions of the press with "no comment".

I think the whole fiasco is an overreaction on both sides. Overreaction by the media from the announcement of a press conference and overreaction from Maxima for cancelling the whole thing. I understand that the press can be tenacious when they catch wind of certain information, but it's not as if it's a bad type of information. News of a pregnancy is a happy occassion, that's why people want to know if someone is expecting. The impression I got from Maxima's reaction was that she cancelled the meeting with the media because they stole her thunder about surprising everyone with the news, if in fact it was a confirmation of a pregnancy. If she isn't pregnant, she shouldn't have cancelled the meeting and denied it outright.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
The impression I got from Maxima's reaction was that she cancelled the meeting with the media because they stole her thunder about surprising everyone with the news, if in fact it was a confirmation of a pregnancy. If she isn't pregnant, she shouldn't have cancelled the meeting and denied it outright.
I wonder why they gave such advance notice for the press conference though?

They (or the RVD) had to have been experienced to know that such speculation would run rampant the minute they announced a formal press conference with Willem and Maxima, and given that the last time they announced such a press conference it was to announce the first pregnancy, even more so.

For heaven's sake, there was already a lot of speculation before any hint of a press conference with all the rumours of Maxima being pregnant.

Alexandria said:
I wonder why they gave such advance notice for the press conference though?

They (or the RVD) had to have been experienced to know that such speculation would run rampant the minute they announced a formal press conference with Willem and Maxima, and given that the last time they announced such a press conference it was to announce the first pregnancy, even more so.

For heaven's sake, there was already a lot of speculation before any hint of a press conference with all the rumours of Maxima being pregnant.
They might have been caught in the very difficult position of being in the early stages of a pregnancy, in which case they didn't want to deny it as the truth nor confirm a very new pregnancy which hasn't passed the 3 month mark.

Another angle to consider - they are actually trying to fall pregnant and maybe having difficulties and this sort of speculation and comment is incredibly difficult to deal with under those circumstances. cancelling the conference and saying "no comment" might have been the only way they could deal with it.

It just seems to me like this couple whines about the press a lot, even for famous people. Now, I understand that yes, it must be very annoying to be constantly in the spotlight, but W-A and Maxima always seem to take it too far. It isn't like Maxima's the only one in the world who has the media gossip about her. This week she's the pregnant one, next week it'll probably be Mary, then Letizia and so on...Why don't they just do like those couples and ignore it? Didn't they sue a newspaper or something like that a few months ago? I, for one, have lost a lot of respect for this couple because of their attitudes.

In general, I think royal families, especially W-A and Maxima, and Caroline and Ernst August are all litigation-happy. They are wasting so much money on things that aren't even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom