The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larzen said:
Her hat is sooo awful its funny:eek: , I think it is inapropriate for a princess on an oficial function though, she could have maybe worn it in private in Argentina or Holland
If she wore that in Argentina people would laugh in her face because nobody wears hats there.
I am surprised because Maxima used to have a better sense of style. Lately all her outfits are awful :(

Attachments

• 51809242.jpg
    51809242.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 51809250.jpg
    51809250.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 51809274.jpg
    51809274.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 51809279.jpg
    51809279.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 51809281.jpg
    51809281.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 51809288.jpg
    51809288.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 51809300.jpg
    51809300.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 51809326.jpg
    51809326.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
i have to agree, although i love her style normally, especially in the beginning.
she tries to be more stylish, the hat could have been tolerable if the top wasnt there. nice coat and skirt though. the colours themselves suit her well as well.

Now that I've seen more pics of her outfit today, I have only one thing to say - awful!

Larzen said:
Maxima opened a new centre for children with serious (social) development problems in Alphen aan den Rijn.

Im sorry but even if it is an event with children it does not excuse that tacky outfit, she is even wearing a animal print top under the jacket.:eek: Im very much against royals dressing down when visiting children, they deserve the same respect and dignety as adults, can you Imagine Maxima gong dressed like that to an "adult function" I think not.

I thought we would see no more leopard prints after the grand duchess experiments this summer:mad:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00130557.jpg
I don't think her intention was dressing down. If you look at the picture in front of the building it is actually a suit. I think it is just plain ugly.

pre-SEEGER00130571.jpg

Seegerpress

GrandDuchess said:
Now that I've seen more pics of her outfit today, I have only one thing to say - awful!
I like the handbag and shoes...and the hat would be cute with a poncho and pair of jeans when she's off duty. But, not "at work." Does she have an army of folks helping her or dressing her, like the late Princess Diana did? I don't mean this harshly, but she seems to be just like any other woman getting up and going to work. The makeup isn't professional, the hair sometimes gets roots and the outfits don't always work. All the royal women have fashion faux paus, but generally it's a style thing not a "work-appropriate" gaff. If that made sense.

KSDIVA,

you know Princess Diana have mostly famous her dresses in her life since her engagement to Prince Charles and she get married to him in 1981 but the American magazine chose Princess Diana to become best dresses because Diana was best Queen of styles than Countess of Wessex and Duchess of York, Princess Anne because Princess Diana was mostly photographer in the globe Diana told interview in 1995 she said about nearly 100 people who photographer her lots! its really harassment!

Princess Diana never wores worse dresses! she wores famous dresses she chose designer to become more famously! but im sure Diana's dresses like as 100% im positives! but the designer looks Diana's legger at fashion show to meet the designer they later become as client to making dresses for her till her death in 1997.

Sara Boyce

carlota said:
Maxima Looked Splendid!!!!
her cousin was yesterday on dutch tv, show news,
she is an exotic dancer, they had put her on the dam in front of the palace in amsterdam, dancing around a pole (fully clothed of course)
she did not think that maxima would come to her show but she did not care.

Larzen said:
Maxima opened a new centre for children with serious (social) development problems in Alphen aan den Rijn.

Im sorry but even if it is an event with children it does not excuse that tacky outfit, she is even wearing a animal print top under the jacket.:eek: Im very much against royals dressing down when visiting children, they deserve the same respect and dignety as adults, can you Imagine Maxima gong dressed like that to an "adult function" I think not.

I thought we would see no more leopard prints after the grand duchess experiments this summer:mad:

I completely disagree. The Princess's outfit is very formal perhaps even too formal for the occasion.The material of the coat and skirt looks like something one would wear at a wedding or a baptism. Maxima's only fault was her incorrectly pairing the two types of materials.

Her hat is nice. Had she worn a black jacket and skirt (or pants) and worn the leopard shirt and hat she would have looked very chic...

pics from recent appearances

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00127115.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00127115.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 198
  • pre-SEEGER00127116.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00127116.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 221
  • pre-SEEGER00130139.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130139.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 227
  • pre-SEEGER00130212.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130212.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 164
  • pre-SEEGER00130304.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130304.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 205
  • pre-SEEGER00130317.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130317.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 431
  • pre-SEEGER00130318.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130318.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 189
susanstotz said:
her cousin was yesterday on dutch tv, show news,
she is an exotic dancer, they had put her on the dam in front of the palace in amsterdam, dancing around a pole (fully clothed of course)
she did not think that maxima would come to her show but she did not care.
Laura was yesterday also by Robert Jensen. She will dance 3 december in Amsterdam

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:

Well, I don't think that Maxima dressed this way to be disrespectful. She may have actually liked the outfit and tried to do something different. She has done that on a few occasions. Remember the jean jacket and the red beret. Not a bad casual outfit (without the beret of course), but she did look a little out of place. It just didn't suit her well. I really don't think that Maxima was trying to dress down because she was visiting children either. I really think that you are attributing a little too much to a bad outfit. The fact that Maxima had a day of bad taste does not necessarily mean that she has a day of bad character and ill thoughts in which she meant to slight children.

xxLindaxx said:
Laura was yesterday also by Robert Jensen. She will dance 3 december in Amsterdam:
are you sure you are a moderator? (just joking, thought I really would receive an disapproving email etc)

what I also wanted to add is that in that serie of pictures beatrix dancing with the gentleman showed great dignity. I also saw it on tv, on the dutch news and it was done beautifully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ceci, so you live in Argentina?
Are people and press there really interested in how Maxima is doing in Holland?

i really think maxima looked woderful the other day with that coat and the hat with tiger prints...
well... actually it wasn´t just the outfit. the photos of her smiling and waving to the crowd make her look even better.
and yesterday in the funeral she was nearly perfect. sooo elegant!
maxima... we love you! you rule!

Valentine said:
Hi Ceci, so you live in Argentina?
Are people and press there really interested in how Maxima is doing in Holland?
for argentinians, maxima is also their princess... the 'princess' of argentina.

carlota said:
i really think maxima looked woderful the other day with that coat and the hat with tiger prints...
well... actually it wasn´t just the outfit. the photos of her smiling and waving to the crowd make her look even better.
and yesterday in the funeral she was nearly perfect. sooo elegant!
maxima... we love you! you rule!
I completely agree with you, she's very elegant and classy!

Maxima-funeral of Prins Bernhard

I love her outfit!

Attachments

• max uitvaart.jpg
    max uitvaart.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 386
Valentine said:
I love her outfit!
I don't like her outfit. She looks like a detective or something like that, it's inappropriate

I think she could of looked better if she wore a white skirt or nice white pants.I just dont like the look of the jacket and stockings.

Tina said:
I don't like her outfit. She looks like a detective or something like that, it's inappropriate
I thought the same thing--detective. I think she's pretty hit or miss with her dress--somtimes she's great sometimes she's just way off, and for me this was one of those times she was off. I also wish she would not wear so many skirts that are above or at her knees, she doesn't have the legs for it. But as long as the Dutch are happy with her--she can wear whatever she wants. It's the brains and personality that should matter, the work, not the clothing--fun as it can be to dish on the clothing.

Last edited:
i think she looked elegant and gorgeous with the detective outfit :p

Vicomtesse said:
A funeral is such an appropriate time to look gorgeous too. :mad:

I don't think it was her intention to look gorgeous. However, I think it is a tribute to your loved one to try to look presentable and appropriate.

Is it not traditional to wear all black to funerals there? In the US or UK, she would be ridiculed for wearing white...I know some countries, like Japan, have completely different ideas of colors than we do in the States, so I thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom