The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
That reminds me that Mathilde was proclamed "bont bitch" ("fur bitch") by that same organization at the wedding in Amsterdam in 2002. I coudn't care less, and I hope the same goes for Máxima. I love fur, and I love wearing it. In Europe people in general don't react so violently against it as in the States.
sorry but this may be off the topic here...but what's so wrong wif wearing fur? after all we eat meat and wear leather shoes?

I agree wif you hannelore, i love fur, only living in sunny singapore, wearing one will indeed make me a 'dumb fur"!!!

Old 10-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
sorry but this may be off the topic here...but what's so wrong wif wearing fur? after all we eat meat and wear leather shoes?

I agree wif you hannelore, i love fur, only living in sunny singapore, wearing one will indeed make me a 'dumb fur"!!!
There are many people who do not eat meat, or wear leather shoes. Animal rights activists feel that it is unethical and cruel to eat animals and use their hide for our own purposes. They are usually the ones behind these types of campaigns. They bring awareness to the issues, but alot of times take it a little too far. Organizations such as PETA have been known to break into stores and destroy merchandise. They also can say some pretty mean things about people.

I guess I would also be considered a dumb fur if I wore a fur jacket, seeing as how I live in a warm climate as well. :p I do love the way that it feels though.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Well, I don't have a problem with her wearing fur. I agree that there are plenty of people who no longer eat meat and who are firmly against wearing fur, however, I also know several people who are vegetarians, but also wear fur.

I personally don't care one way or the other. I think that everyone has a right to believe whatever they like. I disagree with this whole "role model" thing put forward by this organization. Whether Maxima is Princess of the Netherlands, she should be allowed to have her own tastes and likes and dislikes. Some of these anti-fur individuals take things too far, especially here in the states. Whether a person considers wearing fur to be cruel is left to the interpretation of the individual.

What I would love to see is more of these anti-fur and animal crusaders devote more of their time to causes that affect human beings. I wish that so many of them could not only devote their time and passion to animals, but also to people. Wouldn't that be wonderful and make a huge difference?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Courtier

From the Benelux MB:

Máxima's entry in the Raad van State will be broadcast live by Nos Actueel. Queen Beatrix will preside over the extra meeting, and Máxima will give a speech at about 14 hrs.
She will also give a speech Nov 5, in the plenary chamber of the Tweede Kamer, to a group of parliamentarians from memberstates of the EU.
Máxima is to announce her new plans (emphasis in work) later this week, or soon thereafter.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Well, I don't have a problem with her wearing fur. I agree that there are plenty of people who no longer eat meat and who are firmly against wearing fur, however, I also know several people who are vegetarians, but also wear fur.

I personally don't care one way or the other. I think that everyone has a right to believe whatever they like. I disagree with this whole "role model" thing put forward by this organization. Whether Maxima is Princess of the Netherlands, she should be allowed to have her own tastes and likes and dislikes. Some of these anti-fur individuals take things too far, especially here in the states. Whether a person considers wearing fur to be cruel is left to the interpretation of the individual.

What I would love to see is more of these anti-fur and animal crusaders devote more of their time to causes that affect human beings. I wish that so many of them could not only devote their time and passion to animals, but also to people. Wouldn't that be wonderful and make a huge difference?
I concur. It really sickens and disturbs me how these ppl are so into the rights of animals, but when it comes to humans...I think they are a little perverse and I am coming to think that they would rather spare an animal life instead of a human life. Isn't hunting banned in England? That is so not fair. If I was a Princess/in the public eye I would wear fur anytime and everytime I wanted and not apologize for it. Afterall I eat animals so I can wear em to. I wish we could do a countteraatack and tell those ppl to back off and get some sense! Anyway I wonder do M&W have marital problems. It would be sad if they did.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Anyway I wonder do M&W have marital problems.
No

(It was German gossip nonsense, that story about WA and Inge. Even the editor in chief of gossip magazine Weekend told the stories were nonsense. If he, Marc van de Linden, says that than it is really very very very nonsense. German gossip, pffff..... )
Old 10-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Yes indeed, the German press get's really annoying now !!!

But I don't like Marc van der Linden or Evert Santegoeds either :p
Old 10-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

From the Princess Máxima Messageboard posted by Orianna:

Maxima will be in Mexico october 24
She will be in Puebla Mexico with former president Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn Carter.

The Project is about building houses for people with low income.Maxima wants to bring the project to Argentina.

http://www.habitat.org/jcwp/2004/

www.cartercenter.org

Argentine Newpaper Infobae (Spanish)

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.p...xSeccion=100443
Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
From the Princess Máxima Messageboard posted by Orianna:

Maxima will be in Mexico october 24
She will be in Puebla Mexico with former president Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn Carter.

The Project is about building houses for people with low income.Maxima wants to bring the project to Argentina.

http://www.habitat.org/jcwp/2004/

www.cartercenter.org

Argentine Newpaper Infobae (Spanish)

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.p...xSeccion=100443
Very good! :)

BTW. Here some pictures of Princess Maxima today

--------------------------
Caption:
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS - OCTOBER 18: Dutch Princess Maxima visits the "Continental Sport" Youth Sports Prevention Project October 18, 2004 in Amsterdam South East, The Netherlands. As patron of the Dutch Orange Fund, the princess awarded a euro 15,000 prize to Continental Sport for its initiatives in the field of social cohesion among youngsters. (Photo by Michel Porro/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51491948.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	48455   Click image for larger version

Name:	51491954.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	48456   Click image for larger version

Name:	51491956.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	48457   Click image for larger version

Name:	51491974.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	48458  

Name:	51491976.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	48459   Click image for larger version

Name:	51492171.jpg
Views:	1131
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	48460  
Old 10-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Máxima is to announce her new plans (emphasis in work) later this week, or soon thereafter
Finally!:)
Old 10-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Majesty

does the crown prince have more names then Willem-Alexander and where does his name come from?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
does the crown prince have more names then Willem-Alexander and where does his name come from?
Willem Alexander Claus George Ferdinand

Willem = from Willem of Orange of course. After the Kings Willem I, Willem II and Willem III, he will be King Willem IV.
Alexander = Beatrix and Claus loved the name and the name is already often used in the family (in the past).
Claus= his father's name
George= also one of his father's names (full name of Claus was:Claus George Willem Otto Frederik Geert)
Ferdinand= is the name of one of his godfathers: Ferdinard von Bismarck.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
Maxima nominated for 'dumb fur' award

The organisation said people such as Maxima and other celebrities should be role models and not support the commercial fur industry.
Well it's obviousl these people don't think through what they say. CP Maxima IS a princess & her job is to represent the country & all of it's industries. She can't go around talking bad about the fur industry no matter what her real opinions on it are. Besides how do they know that she is wearing real fur & not faux??? The fake stuff these days are very real looking & some top end designers make them.

I've discussed this with a biologist friend of mine & we agree that things are not so simple as "don't buy fur, don't kill cute fuzzy animals". People fail to realize that in some parts of England foxes are a pest, killing farm animals (chickens etc.) & endangering the livelihoods of farmers (poor people). If people bother to do research before they go on the attack they might be amazed to find out that certain animal populations need to be kept under control in order to keep a safe balance. I'm not saying I like the idea of killing but I can understand that in certain cases it neds to be done.

On the flip side I think it's nasty to display heads of animas on one's wall or to wear their dead bodies. Unless you're like an eskimo or something there's no need to wear a dead animal. If you like the look, why not wear the fake stuff?

Oh & a reminder, once upon a time the rat population got out of control & caused a nasty little plague that killied thousands if not millions of people. Now I know rats aren't cute fuzzy animals but how is killing them any different than say a fox ? That kind of makes me mad, if you're against killing animals that should mean all of them not just the cute ones.

Reminds me of the lines in "Pulp Fiction"..............

Jules: "Pigs sleep & root in sh*t, that's a filthy animal."

Vincent: "How about a dog, a dog eat's it's own feces."

Jules: " I don't eat dog either."

Vincent: "Yeah but do you consider dog to be a filthy animal?"

Jules: "I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but it's definately dirty. But dogs got personality, personality goes a long way."

Vincent: "So by that rational if a pig had better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?"
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Prive is a gossipmag, I don't think it is true. They are already two weeks back in The Netherlands and now there was suddenly a crisis because they walked not together, when W-A was playing golf. Such a nonsense.

Because this pictures:
The man is playing golf, what do the press think Maxima is going to stand right next to him with the baby while he's swinging around a golf club??? I'd stand back too.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Nobility

I like Maxima, i think she is different from the other crown princess. I see her as always trying something new, like in cloths, example is the skirt, i would never expect or see another crown princess in it.It isnt nice but she did it. The only think in maxima she is trying to do something different, but she does not do it right.I think her hair color should change, go a bit darker.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

from the Maxima messageboard posted by Mirjam:

Maxima will visit the city Groningen next week. November 10 and 11 she will be present at the EU conference of the ministers of justice (9-11 november). During the conference also topics about minorities and integration will be discussed. No information about were she will spend the night.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Gentry

German Television said, that Maxima is pregnant again...so rumouring starts again
Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Courtier

I heard it too but they said that the baby will be born in March that´s not really likely because the Palace would already have announced it.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Gentry

That's true. I'm wondering about that they believe what a gossip magazine write.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

November 4, 2004: Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands attends the African Ministers Council on Water at the Imperial Hotel Beach Resort in Entebbe, Uganda. The conference was organized to help solve the issue of water use on the Nile river and was run by the Nile Basin Initiative. EPA/VANESSA VICK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	53807   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	53808   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	289