The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (Sept 2004 - Feb 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
misshelen said:
Pictures from Yesterday Tsunami

what made me cringe when I saw them on tv was that nobody stood up while beatrix, WA, and maxima shook hands with them, some of them might have been unable to stand but most of them definitely could and remained on their butt

for heavens sake, stand up when someone comes to you and offers his/her hand, whether he/she is a royal or not.

susan_alicia, they were suffering very much, in that situation why would people should stand up? The kings are made to serve their People and not the contrary.
In Spain, after the March.11, nobody stand up while Queen Sofia and Letizia offers their hands to people in the Church.
I'm sorry to say this, I don't want to offend you but your message is a very insensible post.

to Regina - I disagree with you that Susan Alicia´s remark was insensible. Women do not need to stand up when they are addressed, but men are required to stand up when someone addresses them, especially if the other person is a woman or older than them. It is a general rule of behaviour and followed in all Christian states. One´s wellbeing is irrelevant in such cases.

If you were one of this victims, I'm sure that the last thing you would remember is to stand up... Princess Máxima is not the kind of persons who care about those things in times of pain.
And Merca, thank you but I don't need your explanations about Protocol in Christian States, I was not talking to you

Regina said:
If you were one of this victims, I'm sure that the last thing you would remember is to stand up... Princess Máxima is not the kind of persons who care about those things in times of pain.
And Merca, thank you but I don't need your explanations about Protocol in Christian States, I was not talking to you

regina, merca,

trust me, it looked really embarressing on tv. I felt for the royals and I am not always so sympathetic. If those who could, would have stood up they would have shown dignity, now they looked pathetic and rude.

Ok, susan_alician and Merca :), you are right when you say than in tv things seems differents from pics. :)

When the royal is approaching the commoner, the commoner doesn't always stand. Especially in times of grief and illness this can be seen. I've seen Elizabeth greet commoners in times of grief or illness and they don't stand and she doesn't appear to take offence. I don't think any of the Oranges took offence at this, either.

That's what I was trying to say. Thank you Kelly, well said! :)

kelly9480 said:
When the royal is approaching the commoner, the commoner doesn't always stand. Especially in times of grief and illness this can be seen. I've seen Elizabeth greet commoners in times of grief or illness and they don't stand and she doesn't appear to take offence. I don't think any of the Oranges took offence at this, either.

too bad then, about the not standing. (I think everyone should stand when approached, by a royal or a commoner)
the royals do not take offence because they (usually) have perfect manners.

re being so sad and not able to stand:
remember pictures, tv images of jacqueline kennedy at the funeral of her husband, she did not cry even though it was visible through her veil that she was griefstricken and she walked straight as a arrow.

new pics from party in Utrecht 4th February

Attachments

• 2005,4feb.jpg
    2005,4feb.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 2005, 4 feba.jpg
    2005, 4 feba.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 2005, 4 feb.jpg
    2005, 4 feb.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 381
pre-SEEGER00134055.jpg

kate14 said:
I'm loving the new Hair:)

Me, too!

I noticed the great new hair do in the pictures misshelen posted from the February 4th party in Utrecht.

Maxima now has life and shape and bounce to her hair. Before it was so limp, stringy and dull. The curls and layers around her face totally perk up Maxima's face even more.

More pictures Leiden today..

Attachments

• 2005,8febb.jpg
    2005,8febb.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 2005,8febc.jpg
    2005,8febc.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 2005,8feba.jpg
    2005,8feba.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 2005,8feb.jpg
    2005,8feb.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 2464449.jpg
    2464449.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 2464434.jpg
    2464434.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 140
Alexandria said:
Me, too!

I noticed the great new hair do in the pictures misshelen posted from the February 4th party in Utrecht.

Maxima now has life and shape and bounce to her hair. Before it was so limp, stringy and dull. The curls and layers around her face totally perk up Maxima's face even more.

I do not!
Prefer the limp and stringy hair,
she looks very middle class this way

She got "the Rachel". It is a very famous hairdo in the US - made famous by Jennifer Aniston.

I think it is perfect for her...plus probably less work for an expecting mother.

I agree with all of you. I think Maxima's hair is simply gorgeous! She looks great, and I loved her outfit today. She looks much younger with shorter hair.

I think it looks lovely, too. Maybe the earlier poster that didn't like it, thought it was too common? It is a very popular hairstyle and has been for years...I think the "shag" look compliments her face very well...

In my opinion, Princess Máxima is very elegant and pretty with her new hair. It looks great on her, but she seems a little older... In this pics I give her 37/38 years old...
The outfit is just gorgeous!

I'm loving the new hair as well. I think it looks great on her. It's a vast improvement from the dried out split ends she had before.

Maxima looks fantastic! Her hair finally looks healthy! Bravo!

more pictures from yesterday

Attachments

• Maxima%20080205489783.jpg
    Maxima%20080205489783.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Maxima%200802054878343.jpg
    Maxima%200802054878343.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 213
  • RI080205-Bea_Eredoc-03.jpg
    RI080205-Bea_Eredoc-03.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 220
  • maxima%20080205888.jpg
    maxima%20080205888.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 145
  • maxima%2008020543888.jpg
    maxima%2008020543888.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Maxima%20080205462788.jpg
    Maxima%20080205462788.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 2005,8febd.jpg
    2005,8febd.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 158
Love her hair, and outfit. Of course that's some mighty fine jewellry to help the look along!

Misshelen, where did you get the photos from the party from Utrecht from? (post #61 I think). Haven't seen those pictures before. I really like the coat, which I haven't seen since the TV interview for Amalia.

Maxima's looking great with her new hairdo. She starting to show "the bump" too, I think :D

maxima looks so elegant and radiant..Must say, in some pictures she does look above 37.maybe that is cause she is pregnant.
Thankx all for the pictures.Love the white jacket she wore lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom