The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - September 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but we should be able discuss whether she is reading ridiculous books or not. On the other hand, she may know already that he has been discredited, and is reading it anyway.

Originally posted by konan@Jul 25th, 2004 - 3:53 am
Via his spokesman W.A. told the press that he would only attend the first week of the Olympics. Then he will be on vacation with his family. When a journalist asks why because in the past he was such a enthousiastic supporter, the spokesman told that the prince now has a family. Kind of weird reaction, don't you think?
ANOTHER holiday?? What about working a bit, like other princes? :innocent: :innocent:

Yes but they want this time with CA.

But as a member of the IOC, Willem-Alexander should take his responsability and be there the entire time. Máxima stays with CA, so it isn't as if they have to leave their baby behind for a long time.

Originally posted by Hannelore@Jul 30th, 2004 - 4:22 am
But as a member of the IOC, Willem-Alexander should take his responsability and be there the entire time. Máxima stays with CA, so it isn't as if they have to leave their baby behind for a long time.
What about his responsibilities to his family?

I for one applaud Willem's choice to spend more time with his family. Not everybody would in his position, and that he has chosen to be on holiday with his wife and their infant daughter shows what a family man he is.

While Willem is a member of the IOC, not all members spend the entire two weeks at the Olympics, at this year's games in Athens or in previous years. It is certainly not required nor demanded. Many other members of the IOC have other jobs that require their attention (not to mention their families), and may or may not be able to get two weeks off to spend at the Olympics.

And if those alleged rumours are true, Maxima will be annoucing her second pregnancy this coming week (three weeks is coming up this week), so it would be very natural for Willem to want to spend time with his infant daughter and his newly pregnant wife. :rolleyes: :innocent:

Originally posted by Hannelore+Jul 29th, 2004 - 12:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hannelore @ Jul 29th, 2004 - 12:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-konan@Jul 25th, 2004 - 3:53 am
Via his spokesman W.A. told the press that he would only attend the first week of the Olympics. Then he will be on vacation with his family. When a journalist asks why because in the past he was such a enthousiastic supporter, the spokesman told that the prince now has a family. Kind of weird reaction, don't you think?
ANOTHER holiday?? What about working a bit, like other princes? :innocent: :innocent:[/b][/quote]
Well, to be fair August is vacation month across Europe and lots of people, not just Royals, vacation in August. It might be different if it were say March and they took an extended vacation while the whole world is working, but it is August. No?

Originally posted by Genevieve+Aug 1st, 2004 - 12:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Genevieve @ Aug 1st, 2004 - 12:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hannelore@Jul 30th, 2004 - 4:22 am
What about his responsibilities to his family?

I for one applaud Willem's choice to spend more time with his family. Not everybody would in his position, and that he has chosen to be on holiday with his wife and their infant daughter shows what a family man he is.

While Willem is a member of the IOC, not all members spend the entire two weeks at the Olympics, at this year's games in Athens or in previous years. It is certainly not required nor demanded. Many other members of the IOC have other jobs that require their attention (not to mention their families), and may or may not be able to get two weeks off to spend at the Olympics.

And if those alleged rumours are true, Maxima will be annoucing her second pregnancy this coming week (three weeks is coming up this week), so it would be very natural for Willem to want to spend time with his infant daughter and his newly pregnant wife. :rolleyes: :innocent: [/b][/quote]
LOL, very funny.

Willem Alexander has had two (2) public duties in July, two days work. The rest of the month has been vacation and party time. Yet to work longer than 1 week in August is too much.

And it isn't as if they only have holidays in July and August, they've been making trips abroad all year. I'm sure he sees his daughter and wife every day, the family man, probably a lot longer than other people who work.

And please don't use Máxima's so-called pregnancy as an argument, as far as we know she isn't pegnant. And even if she were, does he have to sit next to her and hold her hand, so that she can be comfortably pregnant?????????

Genevieve is correct in that many members of the IOC do not attend the entire Games. They do have other things to do and you will find that many of them can only be present for a day or two. There are also those who sometimes do not even manage to show up for personal reasons usually relating to family, business or other obligations.

We really have no idea why WA is only going to Greece for a short period of time. Maybe the pregnancy rumor is true or perhaps WA has other things that he wants to do. Who knows?

The official statement of the Durtch court says that WA is going one week and that afterwards he's going on holiday. So that's his reason. Other members of the IOC can perhaps not attend the entire games because they have other WORK.

And once again: as far as we know Máxima is not pregnant. (and what if she is: then both can go on holiday for 9 months?)

Originally posted by Hannelore@Aug 7th, 2004 - 12:47 pm
The official statement of the Durtch court says that WA is going one week and that afterwards he's going on holiday. So that's his reason. Other members of the IOC can perhaps not attend the entire games because they have other WORK.

And once again: as far as we know Máxima is not pregnant. (and what if she is: then both can go on holiday for 9 months?)
Maybe they will.

Of course, I don't recall them going on holiday for Maxima's first pregnancy, so I am inclined to believe the opposite. :rolleyes:

Prince of Orange will visit the 116th IOC Session next week: 9-12 August. After that the Games: 13-20. That are 2 weeks.

In July he not worked only two days

-7/7/04 Visit the 175-years old Grenadiers
-8/7/04 With President of Ukraine to Koenigscollection
-9/7/04 Photoshoot
-18/7/04 Speech EU
-19/7/04 Meeting with "Oranjebond"
-in July/August: inteview with Ad and Sport International

Btw. 14 July they were already back, Maxima brought a secret visit to Maarstricht. Very much visits etc. are not official and not on the site of the Royal House, that will not say that they only work two days :blink:

"Willem Alexander has had two (2) public duties in July, two days work" - How did you come up with this?

The Watcher, Thanks for posting WA Schedule

From the Maxima messageboard posted by Liza:

Maxima, WA, Amalia,Constantijn, Laurentien, Eloise, and Claus Casimir, where in Norway from Thursday to Sunday, they came by private plane, was met by Haakon and spent the weekend with him Mette-Marit and Ingrid at their summer house outside Oslo, Pictures in a norwegian glossy shows the ladies in swimsuit and skirt and Maxima with a Cowboy hat entering a boat, they also went to see a rock concert, but not many recognised them, very low key visit. You can only see Eloise of the children at airport Amalia and Claus Casimir in MAxy cosys

How classy with that fur around her neck, I don´t think it´s real by the way.
One question: Is it winter there in Argentina???

DDD said:
How classy with that fur around her neck, I don´t think it´s real by the way.
One question: Is it winter there in Argentina???
Yes it's winter in Argentina. Maxima will stay until september 6th. Alexander will come in 15 days.

xxLindaxx said:
Maxima and Amalia are now in Argentina. You can see the pics on www.zefa.nl page 74 and 75.

What do you need to search at Zefa to get to page 74 and 75 of the Maxima in Argentina pictures? I searched "Maxima" and on pages 74 and 75, they were old pictures of her during her pregnancy and right after during the presentation of the coins. :eek:

Alexandria said:
What do you need to search at Zefa to get to page 74 and 75 of the Maxima in Argentina pictures? I searched "Maxima" and on pages 74 and 75, they were old pictures of her during her pregnancy and right after during the presentation of the coins. :eek:

Sorry, you can better search for :11 augustus 2004.

In the Weekend of this week you can see Maxima and Amalia getting on a plane to Brasil. They really got a vip-treatment. The royal car got straight to the plane, without any checking in or bagage-check. A whole team of security (5 or 6) was engaged with her "hand"bagage and the carrying of Amalia. Her personal assistant was also on duty.
Today I saw the pictures of Maxima shopping with her mum and I must say Maxima really profits her royal life. Last year she and Alex went 25 times on vacation. This year they worked a couple of days during the summer to give the impression that they' re working. In my opinion she may enjoy her royal status but she also have to do her public duties like Mathilde, Letitzia and Mary Donaldson. In the short time we knew last two princesses I saw them a lot more than our Maxima.

Boy, Maxima sure travels a lot. I saw on a different board that the little family spent some time in Norway with Mette Marit and family not too long ago!! I hope she has a wonderful time with her family !

xxLindaxx said:
Sorry, you can better search for :11 augustus 2004.

I feel like the biggest dolt to ask yet again :confused: about how to search Zefa. I tried searching the date but it said that no images were found. I tried various methods, punching each part of the date seperately as well as together in one search field. Should I be trying Maxima + 11 August 2004?

Is there a way that you could post a link for the picture series?

NL-version

Alexandria said:
I feel like the biggest dolt to ask yet again :confused: about how to search Zefa. I tried searching the date but it said that no images were found. I tried various methods, punching each part of the date seperately as well as together in one search field. Should I be trying Maxima + 11 August 2004?

Is there a way that you could post a link for the picture series?

Do you use the NL-version (Dutch) of the site www.zefa.nl? If you use the EN-version (English), it says: no search result. If you use the NL-version you see the pictures (I hope...)

I'm sure that I've read in a magazine a while ago online but Queen Beatrix has mentioned it's o.k with her she wants them to spend family time while the baby/babies are small and not in school she will abdicate in maybe 10 or 15 years time then WA and Maxima will have a fuller work schedule.
Wittykitty

Thank you for the link! Is Amalia's nanny from Argentina?

Great to see Maxima and little Amalia visiting Argentina!
From HELLO!

maxarg-dop1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom