The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - September 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the patagonia is in chile and argentina... but more in argentina than chile :)

thanks for the photos in argentina! she looks really trendy with that look... lovely.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Do you mean these ones? Not very flattering IMO.
She really looked tired here youd think she would be rested after all the vacation she has had:p . or maybe just tired of the papparazzi

Last edited by a moderator:
Regina said:
I understand you, Angel S, but the point is if you want a person who represents a Nation, you have to search for someone with NO past. As Don Juan of Spain told: "A past of a Queen is always a Present".

Is known that Maxima doesn't have any serious relationship before Alex, all her friends knows that. And the true is that Maxima is the most admired and loved Princess of Europe, and for us she'll always be "our dear Máxima". I'm sorry to say this but we have very pround in Máxima because she represent the dignity of the latin woman. Letizia and Mary had serious relationships before their weddings and, IMO, this is not correct in a future Queen.
Excuse me but the last time I checked the majority of world leaders all had a past. And WA also had a past even if he didn't live with anyone it doesn't mean he was a saint or virgin either. Why is it that I only hear these things said about future queens & not about future Kings or male consorts?? Are you saying that men should be allowed to have a past but not women?

Besides as I have it understood the past relationships of all these women (Maxima, Mary & Letizia) have all been serious relationships. That to me is respectable, to love someone & to want to live with them & make sure things are stable before jumping into a marriage. You make it sound as if it's okay so mess around with everyone as long as you don't go live with them. None of these women were sleeping around, they were with someone they loved.

As for your quote, I don't think that's what he meant by that. But in any case #1 people change if their past was bad & they want to do better, #2 their past wasn't a bad one, they had a serious relationship with people they loved & respected, who respected them. If that was the past then I guess the present is that they will have a loving & respectful relationship with their husbands.

Hurray for the modern woman who takes the time to find out what love & relationships are really about & makes sure she is with the right person before marrying them & having kids.

Last edited:
I happen to agree with your line of thinking. To enter into a relationship with such a public figure, especially the future monarch, one should know how compatible you are with this person! I would find it extraordinary if any of these ladies had not had a former serious relationship. These are not nineteen year olds being launched into marriage. They have had the opportunity to have careers and personal lives prior to making such a commitment. I hope that each of them finds long lasting love and happiness with their husbands.

I am trying this out for the first time! It looks like an interesting place to find out information about the royal family.

I also agree that it's far better to have serious relationships, travel, have jobs and be educated before settling down to marry, particularly for royals. I adore Princess Diana but she was very young and inexperienced when she married and I think that contributed a lot to her troubles. Rania, Letizia, Maxima, and Mary all had had a lot of different life experiences before marrying their respective husbands, and I think that is all to the good for their marriages and for the lives they will lead in their countries.

It is good to see that she's following the late queen's tradition of private visits. Not every visit needs to be made public. It probably allows them to get to know the organization and its members better without the press being involved.

Jackswife said:
I also agree that it's far better to have serious relationships, travel, have jobs and be educated before settling down to marry, particularly for royals. I adore Princess Diana but she was very young and inexperienced when she married and I think that contributed a lot to her troubles. Rania, Letizia, Maxima, and Mary all had had a lot of different life experiences before marrying their respective husbands, and I think that is all to the good for their marriages and for the lives they will lead in their countries.
Yes, I think so too! Just like the woman the Brunei sultan's son married!! she is seventeen, although I think she looks a bit older than that. Anyway, just to say that she is also inexperienced.

This thread is getting pretty long, so it's time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom