The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 08-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 165
Do you know Maxima personally? This is what I am picking up from reading your post Regina.
__________________

  #322  
Old 08-25-2004, 05:57 PM
royal_sophietje's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Belgium
Posts: 531
It's well known that Maxima didn't have lived with Zimmerman. She even issued an statement herself.
__________________

  #323  
Old 08-25-2004, 06:56 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,077
i love maxima and imo she elegant, clever, inteligent, nice and beautiful. however, i also criticise when i hear people talking about other princess like she is some kind of goddess. i always see posts in mary's, mathilde's, mette marit's and letizia's boards that say how perfect they are and how beautiful they dressed in their last event. i really think it's important not to lose objectivity. every person has good and bad things and it's a bit unfair to judge only by the good/bad ones.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #324  
Old 08-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
"It's well known that Maxima didn't have lived with Zimmerman. She even issued an statement herself"


I've read multiple stories saying the contrary.I've remember even seeing a photo (when those first photos of Maxima came out )that showed her and Zimmerman's address and their names on their mailbox (Zimmerman/Zorreguieta) while they lived in NY.
  #325  
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man.
Kate, I'm much more close to Inés than Máxima for a question of age.

I will post hear my favorit photos of Máxima.
Attached Images
    
  #326  
Old 08-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
'As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man. "

Do you or royal_sophietje have a source where Maxima is quoted that she didn't live with him? I believe it was the March 2001 issue of the Telegraaf that chronicled the couple's relationship, and it mentioned that the couple did indeed live together.
  #327  
Old 08-25-2004, 07:51 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,077
in fact she did. they were living together in ny. i also saw that photo with the names zimmerman zorreguieta. but i don't think that's a problem. there isn't any problem if somebodsy has a relation before marrying, or is it? many people have pre wedding relations and there's nothing wrong about it.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #328  
Old 08-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
For a question of burocracy they didn't change his name in the door. He was the appartment owner, but she never excepted that one day she become the future Queen of the Netherlands, so there is no big deal that their names appear together. She only rent his appartment, nothing more.

If she NEVER saw him, how can you say that they lived together??!

For the traditional Zorreguieta-Cerruti family "living together" is for the jungle people, and the most of argentine people agree with it. Hear, peolple with education, close to the Family, and with money don't live together with anyone.

Please, don't kick me, but I know that in Europe people do that, the fertility rate is very low, woman has much more sexual freedom... but I really don't think that you are happiest than us. But I understand your point of vew.
  #329  
Old 08-26-2004, 08:11 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
in fact she did. they were living together in ny. i also saw that photo with the names zimmerman zorreguieta. but i don't think that's a problem. there isn't any problem if somebodsy has a relation before marrying, or is it? many people have pre wedding relations and there's nothing wrong about it.
You can live together, especcially in new york where good appartments are difficult to find, without having a relationship together. They both might have found it practical to share the rent & it's fun sharing a house, as long as there is enough privacy for each.
  #330  
Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 AM
royal_sophietje's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Belgium
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
'As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man. "

Do you or royal_sophietje have a source where Maxima is quoted that she didn't live with him? I believe it was the March 2001 issue of the Telegraaf that chronicled the couple's relationship, and it mentioned that the couple did indeed live together.
Do you have read my post :) :) ??

I wrote in that post that Maxima herself issued an statement in may or june this year, denying that she and Dieter had an relationship.
  #331  
Old 08-26-2004, 09:06 AM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
For a question of burocracy they didn't change his name in the door. He was the appartment owner, but she never excepted that one day she become the future Queen of the Netherlands, so there is no big deal that their names appear together. She only rent his appartment, nothing more.

If she NEVER saw him, how can you say that they lived together??!
That's interesting. I didn't know that. In the Netherlands, magazines wrote that she was even engaged with Dieter when she met Willem-Alexander. I'm happy that that story is not true. :)
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
  #332  
Old 08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!

Kisses!!!
  #333  
Old 08-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!
This isn't a matter of disrespecting Máxima and no one here is inventing false stories. This is simply just clarifying information. As I have previously stated numerous articles have been written in the press saying that the couple had a relationship and that they lived together and shared an apartment in NY, there was even a photo showing their names on their mailbox.


Quote:
Originally Posted by royal _sophietje
Do you have read my post ??

I wrote in that post that Maxima herself issued an statement in may or june this year, denying that she and Dieter had an relationship.

I did read your post, but again you haven't provided a source as to where I can read or see that statement. If Maxima had issued a statement of any kind I am sure I would have read it at the Princess Maxima board or the benelux royals message board and I haven't.

While you may be right that Maxima has never had a relationship with Zimmerman I would like to see or read the proof for myself, as I have seen evidence that suggests the contrary.
  #334  
Old 08-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 165
I am also interested in reading this statement by Maxima.
  #335  
Old 08-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Here is a link where you can be SURE that Máxima did NOT lived with Zimmerman.
Enjoy it!

http://www.humano.ya.com/zorre/anuncio8.htm
  #336  
Old 08-26-2004, 08:49 PM
lucys's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 993
If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Of course this all just my opinion!
  #337  
Old 08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Of course this all just my opinion!
Thank you for your sensibility lucys. I totally agree with you. What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?

I can't believe that anybody would be naive enough in the year 2004 to believe that someone who got married in her late twenties/early thirties might still be a virgin or that she has had no experience with men until Willem came around.

And whatever Maxima's past, her past is what got her to where she is today: A happy life with Willem, a healthy daughter, and life as a Crown Princess of the Netherlands.

And really, she had to issue a formal and public statement about whether or not she lived with some guy? How insane is that? Whose business is it that she did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy? It's nobody's business but hers and this guys. Obviously if she did, it did not bother Willem or make him think that she would not be a good Crown Princess or future Queen because of it.
  #338  
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?
Personally, it isn't a big deal if she did or didn't live with him.That's not an issue for me,it may be for others or the Zorreguietas.

***I just wanted some clarification as whether I should alter information I have on the couple.
  #339  
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,975
Honestly, what irks me is people making moral judgements.
  #340  
Old 08-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 246
WA - Maxima and little princess

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2004...ima_guillermo/
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-present) Marengo King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 210 11-18-2016 07:56 PM
The Prince of Orange & Princess Máxima in the Dutch Antilles: October 9-10, 2010 lucien King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 23 10-11-2010 06:19 AM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima's Visit to Shanghai: May 17-19, 2010 lucien King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 20 05-29-2010 09:37 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004 Lorraine Current Events Archive 506 05-07-2004 01:03 AM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (January 2003 - May 2004) samitude Current Events Archive 304 05-05-2004 08:36 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail farah diba fashion and style fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena jewels kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week power prince bernhard prince charles princess charlotte of cambridge princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima cocktail dresses queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises